+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP TECH Draw - May 05, 2023

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Breaking Update: OINP conducted a huge draw for Express Entry Tech candidates !

May

May 5, 2023
Notifications of interest issued for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream
On May 5, 2023, we issued targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Human Capital Priorities stream.

Candidates only received a notification if they had a comprehensive ranking system (CRS) score of 475-482 and work experience in the national occupational codes (NOC) below:

• NOC 20012 - Computer and information systems managers
  • NOC 21211 - Data Scientists
  • NOC 21223 - Database analysts and data administrators
  • NOC 21230 - Computer systems developers and
  • NOC 21231 - Software engineers and designers
  • NOC 21232 - Software developers and programmers
  • NOC 21233 - Web designers
  • NOC 21234 - Web developers and programmers
  • NOC 21311 - Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
  • You may apply to this stream if you received a notification of interest on February 2, 2023. If you received a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.
Congratulations to the eligible candidates. Good luck!
DM for the group link.

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Date NOIs issuedNumber of NOIs issuedCRS score rangeProfiles created in IRCC Express Entry systemNotes
May 5, 2023, 20231,863475-482May 5, 2022 – May 5, 2023Targeted draw – Tech draw
Please refer to the OINP Program Update page for a list of targeted occupations

mv9748

May 9, 2023
I received my NOI on 5th May and will be submitting my application soon. Could someone please share the specifications of the photograph that has to be scanned and uploaded?

ForeverHopeful2023

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@NikSharma01 I need your thoughts, My EE profile has spouse as non-accompanying, should my OINP Application also indicate spouse as non-accompanying, I want to reside in the province with my spouse, but my score would be below the range if I add spouse as accompanying. Does OINP recalculate scores to check the score is within range for the tech draw ?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
@NikSharma01 I need your thoughts, My EE profile has spouse as non-accompanying, should my OINP Application also indicate spouse as non-accompanying, I want to reside in the province with my spouse, but my score would be below the range if I add spouse as accompanying. Does OINP recalculate scores to check the score is within range for the tech draw ?
Hi,

I'm not sure whether OINP recalculates the score in such scenario. But, have seen people doing it. So, that's upto you how you wish to proceed !

Another alternative to this is, adding your spouse as accompanying after requesting OINP post the nomination and 600 pts but before/after ITA.

ForeverHopeful2023

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Okay, I think it might be best to keep it same, but also in the principal applicant declaration form it states

Any false or misleading statement with respect to this application and any supporting document, including the concealment of any material fact, may result in the refusal of this application, the revocation of a nomination, and may be grounds for prosecution under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Do you know if OINP ever revoked a nomination, after the fact due to accompanying or non-accompanying spouse ? Just too tight to call, I might call OINP on Monday to know which approach.

Steak75

Star Member
Nov 21, 2022
May I know if you included blank pages of passport when you submitted your expression of interest?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Okay, I think it might be best to keep it same, but also in the principal applicant declaration form it states

Any false or misleading statement with respect to this application and any supporting document, including the concealment of any material fact, may result in the refusal of this application, the revocation of a nomination, and may be grounds for prosecution under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Do you know if OINP ever revoked a nomination, after the fact due to accompanying or non-accompanying spouse ? Just too tight to call, I might call OINP on Monday to know which approach.
As long as the changes are logically made and application filed perfectly there will be no negative impact.

Reactions: ForeverHopeful2023

Steak75

Star Member
Nov 21, 2022
Thank you, @NikSharma01 Btw, would one year income tax document suffice for the proof of compensation or do I need to show tax documents per year that I am employed to a company where I am claiming points for the work experience?

I tried joining your OINP group but this link doesn't work

krutarth31

Mar 29, 2019
Do we have any group to check about current timelines or we can share here?
submitted - 5/13/2023
Still in submitted state

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have received an NOI for OINP and while applying for the same, I need help in filling the 'Intention to Reside in Ontario' section. I have no ties mentioned in the help list. What should I fill in this section?
Also I already submitted a statement of intent pdf in 'Your Required Documents' section. Should I copy paste the same letter here or just mention 'No ties available' in this section?
What is the correct way to proceed here?

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/QHKMFd9t

Thanks,
Ravi