+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP TECH DRAW (HCP) - Feb 08, 2022

unlucky001

Apr 5, 2022
In the status tracker, I am seeing a status "Acknowledgement", is it the same as "Submitted" in the onip e filling portal?

unlucky001

Apr 5, 2022
also, in the e filling portal it says that there will be green checkmark if they do not need any documents at this time. Will this appears after the status is in assessment?

taah

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Hey guys! I have studied civil engineering at university but after my master's degree, 4 years ago, I started working as a web developer. By my job duties, my NOC code would be 2174. However, I was wondering whether the education and work experience should be related to each other for OINP? With my education and work history, can I apply for the OINP tech draw?

I really appreciate your help :)

unlucky001

Apr 5, 2022
Hey guys! I have studied civil engineering at university but after my master's degree, 4 years ago, I started working as a web developer. By my job duties, my NOC code would be 2174. However, I was wondering whether the education and work experience should be related to each other for OINP? With my education and work history, can I apply for the OINP tech draw?

I really appreciate your help :)
Hi Taah,
You can not apply explicitly for tech draws, they are conducted by ONIP and they choose profile from the active express entry pool. if you have an active express entry profile then what you can do is just wait for the NOI.

taah

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Hi Taah,
You can not apply explicitly for tech draws, they are conducted by ONIP and they choose profile from the active express entry pool. if you have an active express entry profile then what you can do is just wait for the NOI.
Thanks for your reply. I know I can't apply for it directly. Actually, I have a valid EE profile right now and waiting for the OINP tech draw. But my question is does OINP consider my profile to send NOI if my education and work history do not match? and will it accept it to issue the final nomination further in the process?

unlucky001

Apr 5, 2022
My application status is still "Submitted" its been almost 2months
Could anyone please give some insight :
In the status tracker, I am seeing a status "Acknowledgement", is it the same as "Submitted" in the onip e filling portal?
also, in the e filling portal it says that there will be green checkmark if they do not need any documents at this time. Will this appears after the status is in assessment?

arunprabhuanbu

Oct 3, 2020
Better call them & check. 2 months in submitted status seems incorrect. May be the status is not updated properly.

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
By "status tracker" you mean immitracker? If so, the "Acknowledgement" status appears because you filled the "AOR Received" column. The OINP platform and immitracker are not linked in any way, the immitracker displays just the data you provide.

So yeah, those statuses mean mostly the same thing.

One thing to note is that I don't see any profile with status "Acknowledgement" older than 27th of February on immitracker. Are you sure you've added your case to the right tracker?

Last edited:

unlucky001

Apr 5, 2022
I did not added my application to the tracker.
I got my tech draw invitation on 8th Feb,
submitted my application on ONIP e filling Portal on 23rd Feb.
My application status on ONIP e filling portal is still submitted.

Not sure whether its normal?
Should I contact ONIP?
@catalin1122

Last edited:

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
They mention that the average processing time for a HCP app can be from 60 to 90 days, this means that some of them can take longer.

Your app seems to be in the time limits so I wouldn't contact them if I was you. But if you're really worried, I guess you could.