+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Suspended!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rohitbites said:
In a twisted way, it is good - cos the scores on the regular draws will come down. :)
you are right but there is another aspect which seems stronger to me. They dont want people to concentrate in Ontario. so they will distribute the quota to different provinces and make a compulsion to stay in the province for some yrs. Only with high scores will be given ITA.

Either case all above 400 will always have fair chance .

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
bestofluck said:
you are right but there is another aspect which seems stronger to me. They dont want people to concentrate in Ontario. so they will distribute the quota to different provinces and make a compulsion to stay in the province for some yrs. Only with high scores will be given ITA.

Well, I don't think its about concentration. Their quota is exhausted. What are they supposed to do? Other PNPs are working at a snails pace - If they only think about provinces, then the cut offs will be at least 800? That to me is the only way to 'ensure' people dont all end up at Ontario.

I don't think that will happen, we will see scores touching 450 range for sure - matter of time.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Prats6 said:
Well, I don't think its about concentration. Their quota is exhausted. What are they supposed to do? Other PNPs are working at a snails pace - If they only think about provinces, then the cut offs will be at least 800? That to me is the only way to 'ensure' people dont all end up at Ontario.

I don't think that will happen, we will see scores touching 450 range for sure - matter of time.
talking about general quota not OINP. those with PR land in Ontario so they will make it compulsion to stay in province, thats what I meant.

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Other provinces are likely to keep their NOC specific requirements as they have so far. Ontario was special as it was open to all. That's why this suspension seems so tragic for 400-450pts people.

GhanaianIndian

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
EE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-17
Med's Done....
01-03-17
Didona84 said:
Other provinces are likely to keep their NOC specific requirements as they have so far. Ontario was special as it was open to all. That's why this suspension seems so tragic for 400-450pts people.
Well, it is not just for those with 400-450. Even people like me with around 460 (current is 461 and my second IELTS results are awaited) are uncertain. But c'est la vie. So we look at other things in life :)

bindaasbanda

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a sad situation out here...was getting 438 and had selected only Ontario but now no chance of nomination from them. Again 1 year wasted. :(

N

newtoexpressentry

bindaasbanda said:
It's a sad situation out here...was getting 438 and had selected only Ontario but now no chance of nomination from them. Again 1 year wasted. :(
is there anyother province which we can select which gives nomination. I work in ontario but will move if needed

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
newtoexpressentry said:
is there anyother province which we can select which gives nomination. I work in ontario but will move if needed
Manitoba

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
I wish other provinces can issues NOIs like ON. It gave hope to a lot of people who would never had received an ITA since the start of Express Entry. Even if these provinces want to set their application fees from $1000 and above, people will still be eager to apply as it might be their only hope here *SIGH*

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Guys I finished my masters in April 2015 in Ontario and was planning to apply for Masters graduate stream in August but now that it has closed temporarily, do I have any other options? I have no job yet.

I'm afraid what if the stream doesn't reopen and 2 years pass by from graduation date? I'll be screwed.

My PGWP is valid until Oct 2017.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
bestofluck said:

Preventing freedom of movement is against the Canadian constitution so that will not happen, cheers!

Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Aragorn165 said:
An application is a paper packet of forms and documents sent to Ontario after you receive their notification of interest. There are several steps to the Ontario process:

1. You create an Express Entry profile, and you mark Ontario and/or All Provinces on it in the question asking you where you would like to live.
2. Assuming your profile meets OINP's requirements (400 CRS, Bachelor's degree), you get a Notification of Interest<------As of February 16 2016, Ontario is no longer sending these out
3. You create an application packet consisting of the application form and supporting documents, and send it in to Ontario<------As of May 9 2016, any applications received by OINP will no longer be accepted
4. 50-110 days after your application has been received by OINP, they send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt. This marks the point your application officially begins to be processed
5. 45-90 days after it has begun processing, a decision is made on the application, and you receive your nomination

To answer your question, simply making the Express Entry profile does not count as an application.

For anybody who is curious about whether or not their OINP application is safe:

* If you are on Step 1 in the process above, you are not going to be able to apply to OINP this year
* If you are on Step 2 in the process above, then you are safe as long as you got your Notification of Interest on or before February 16 2016
* If you are on Step 3 in the process above, you are safe as long as your application was delivered (delivered, not sent) on or before May 9 2016
* If you are on Step 4 or 5, then your application is safe
Hello ! :)

any idea when OINP will open again??

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/31/oinp-cut-off-to-remain-above-450-bring-residency-law-oinp-001-internal-memo/

Any truth in this??? :eek: :-[

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
irosha said:
http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/31/oinp-cut-off-to-remain-above-450-bring-residency-law-oinp-001-internal-memo/

Any truth in this??? :eek: :-[
NO, OOPNP is nothing but a hoax. Nothing it says has ever materialized. You can ignore the website completely.