Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Innana said:
Out of curiosity, if someone has send their application march 20th (invitation on February 10th), will they still get their nomination or are they on hold as well? a bit confused here
They have stopped sending PT from Feb 16, 2016. So there will be no applicants pending to send PNP nomination application by now.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dannyhcean said:
May I ask what constitutes an application? Say if I created my EE profile in April and submitted it with indication for OPNP consideration, would that be an application?
An application is a paper packet of forms and documents sent to Ontario after you receive their notification of interest. There are several steps to the Ontario process:

1. You create an Express Entry profile, and you mark Ontario and/or All Provinces on it in the question asking you where you would like to live.
2. Assuming your profile meets OINP's requirements (400 CRS, Bachelor's degree), you get a Notification of Interest<------As of February 16 2016, Ontario is no longer sending these out
3. You create an application packet consisting of the application form and supporting documents, and send it in to Ontario<------As of May 9 2016, any applications received by OINP will no longer be accepted
4. 50-110 days after your application has been received by OINP, they send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt. This marks the point your application officially begins to be processed
5. 45-90 days after it has begun processing, a decision is made on the application, and you receive your nomination

To answer your question, simply making the Express Entry profile does not count as an application.

For anybody who is curious about whether or not their OINP application is safe:

* If you are on Step 1 in the process above, you are not going to be able to apply to OINP this year
* If you are on Step 2 in the process above, then you are safe as long as you got your Notification of Interest on or before February 16 2016
* If you are on Step 3 in the process above, you are safe as long as your application was delivered (delivered, not sent) on or before May 9 2016
* If you are on Step 4 or 5, then your application is safe

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Very clear. I am on step one. Thanks!
I will just hope that once they get next year's quota and start sending out NOIs again, our files get some priorities.

And of course, nothing much will change in terms of how they select people to send NOIs to.

Aragorn165 said:
An application is a paper packet of forms and documents sent to Ontario after you receive their notification of interest. There are several steps to the Ontario process:

1. You create an Express Entry profile, and you mark Ontario and/or All Provinces on it in the question asking you where you would like to live.
2. Assuming your profile meets OINP's requirements (400 CRS, Bachelor's degree), you get a Notification of Interest<------As of February 16 2016, Ontario is no longer sending these out
3. You create an application packet consisting of the application form and supporting documents, and send it in to Ontario<------As of May 9 2016, any applications received by OINP will no longer be accepted
4. 50-110 days after your application has been received by OINP, they send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt. This marks the point your application officially begins to be processed
5. 45-90 days after it has begun processing, a decision is made on the application, and you receive your nomination

To answer your question, simply making the Express Entry profile does not count as an application.

For anybody who is curious about whether or not their OINP application is safe:

* If you are on Step 1 in the process above, you are not going to be able to apply to OINP this year
* If you are on Step 2 in the process above, then you are safe as long as you got your Notification of Interest on or before February 16 2016
* If you are on Step 3 in the process above, you are safe as long as your application was delivered (delivered, not sent) on or before May 9 2016
* If you are on Step 4 or 5, then your application is safe

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't understand what it has to do with international students application for post graduate programs? What is their fault in this issue?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dannyhcean said:
Very clear. I am on step one. Thanks!
I will just hope that once they get next year's quota and start sending out NOIs again, our files get some priorities.

And of course, nothing much will change in terms of how they select people to send NOIs to.
Well, there are two things to consider here:

a) On their website, OINP has stated that it will make changes to how the application process is conducted. It sounds like they are planning to shift to a largely online system of application, but it is possible they also change how they identify potential applicants from the pool too
b) If what happened last year is any indication, then OINP will create a cutoff date, and only Express Entry profiles made after that date will be considered to identify and pick applicants, and older Express Entry profiles, even if they are eligible, will not be. The simple solution to this problem is to withdraw your Express entry profile and make a new one after OINP goes back online. However, the silver lining here is that OINP did promise that it would look into this issue to make the identification of applicants applicable retroactively.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Makes perfect sense. There's nothing we late comers can do now if they do decide to change criteria of selection, so let's see what will happen in half a year's time.

Aragorn165 said:
Well, there are two things to consider here:

a) On their website, OINP has stated that it will make changes to how the application process is conducted. It sounds like they are planning to shift to a largely online system of application, but it is possible they also change how they identify potential applicants from the pool too
b) If what happened last year is any indication, then OINP will create a cutoff date, and only Express Entry profiles made after that date will be considered to identify and pick applicants, and older Express Entry profiles, even if they are eligible, will not be. The simple solution to this problem is to withdraw your Express entry profile and make a new one after OINP goes back online. However, the silver lining here is that OINP did promise that it would look into this issue to make the identification of applicants applicable retroactively.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dannyhcean said:
Makes perfect sense. There's nothing we late comers can do now if they do decide to change criteria of selection, so let's see what will happen in half a year's time.
Yes, let's just hope it all works out for you well in the end!

N

newtoexpressentry

Aragorn165 said:
Yes, let's just hope it all works out for you well in the end!
yes hope criteria remains the same. just so disappointing to see no way out of this situation

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
newtoexpressentry said:
yes but they wont go down to 400 so some of us r screwed. I am at 400
Brother, 425 from august 2015, missed the federal FSW in 2014, missed CEC lack of 2 months work experience shortage before 2015 January 1st, OINP never responded just like others waiting on it, AINP never gave the decision on my application since 2015 February, Employer gave notice at my work that i have to quit work on may 26th as PGWP expires May 28th. Tried to contact and email, PM, Immigration Minister, Premier of AB, MP of my local community and finally buying out tickets on Friday. Now just imagine what is going so you are not the only one bro ! we all just have to pass this bad time and wait for the change if you have any patience left. I wish god shows some path to all of us in trouble today !

N

newtoexpressentry

TrackIT said:
Brother, 425 from august 2015, missed the federal FSW in 2014, missed CEC lack of 2 months work experience shortage before 2015 January 1st, OINP never responded just like others waiting on it, AINP never gave the decision on my application since 2015 February, Employer gave notice at my work that i have to quit work on may 26th as PGWP expires May 28th. Tried to contact and email, PM, Immigration Minister, Premier of AB, MP of my local community and finally buying out tickets on Friday. Now just imagine what is going so you are not the only one bro ! we all just have to pass this bad time and wait for the change if you have any patience left. I wish god shows some path to all of us in trouble today !
sorry to hear this. I have lost hope too its sucks just bad luck i guess

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dad always asked me to go for Australia and it has much better weather. Seems like I've to look for southern hemisphere.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
newtoexpressentry said:
yes hope criteria remains the same. just so disappointing to see no way out of this situation
I felt this way some time last year, and then other PNPs opened up. Just be on the lookout for other programs, Ontario is not the only province in Canada.

theatlantic said:
I can't understand what it has to do with international students application for post graduate programs? What is their fault in this issue?
Yes, they are probably the worst affected by this, the ones who are about to graduate this year and were hoping to apply to OINP.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
newtoexpressentry said:
question now what for 400-470 candidates we r screwed
Not at all screwed. They will come out with more province and more quota. just wait for all provinces new quota with a change. I think doors will open to different province for all between 400 and 470 and they will pick up from the pool.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In a twisted way, it is good - cos the scores on the regular draws will come down. :)