Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the Ontario Province:

As a result of changes Ontario has made to more closely align the streams of the program with the needs of its labour market, the province has already received the sufficient number of OINP applications to meet its 2016 federal allocation. This is further proof that Ontario remains a very sought after destination for highly-skilled workers.

Following the lead of other jurisdictions, Ontario has made the responsible decision to place a temporary pause on the intake of applications for select, high-volume OINP streams. Other provinces have also done this in the past after fully maximizing their allotments. It’s important to note that lower-volume streams of the OINP and other options continue to be available.

Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016.
Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016:
Employer Pre-screen
International Student – Masters Graduate stream
International Student – PhD Graduate stream
All applications for the Employer Pre-screen and International Students (Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate) streams sent after 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016 will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant along with the unprocessed payment.
The OINP will continue to accept applications from Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants as Employer Pre-screen applications are assessed. Only those Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants whose job offer has been approved through the Employer Pre-screen application process may apply to the OINP. These applicants will have 60 days from the date of the Employer Pre-screen approval letter to apply to either of these streams.
The OINP continues to accept and process applications for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream and the Corporate stream. The OINP also continues to accept Expressions of Interest for the Entrepreneur stream.
Ontario remains a top destination for workers and their families from all over the world.
Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.
Given the positive effect of the program on Ontario’s economy, the province continues to engage the federal government on nominee numbers.

Full text here: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
Out of curiosity, if someone has send their application march 20th (invitation on February 10th), will they still get their nomination or are they on hold as well? a bit confused here

N

newtoexpressentry

this is sad news OINP was the only hope now its lost too

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Innana said:
Out of curiosity, if someone has send their application march 20th (invitation on February 10th), will they still get their nomination or are they on hold as well? a bit confused here
From what I've read:

"Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016"

So, any application submitted before that is fine.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
That's so sad!

My many friends are still waiting for their invitation and their work permit is expiring soon! This will be a tough task ahead

I hope they work on the applications again soon! Fingers crossed

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPINTAKE.html#display

Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)

Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016.

The OINP will continue to process applications already received.

The OINP will continue to process applications already received.

In the meantime, the province is committed to providing an efficient and streamlined application processing system.

Improvements to the OINP application process will be implemented in the coming months – including a move to an online application processing system.

The goal is to make it easier for clients to apply, and to improve processing times

What happens if my payment expires before it is cashed due to the extended application processing times?

The OINP will ask that a new payment be submitted within 30 days of notifying you. Your application will maintain its place in the queue.

Processing will resume once the OINP receives your new payment

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
It's not all bad news. With the nominations halted, scores will have to come down. There's still room to fulfill the immigrant quota of the country. Fingers crossed.

N

newtoexpressentry

SergeSD said:
It's not all bad news. With the nominations halted, scores will have to come down. There's still room to fulfill the immigrant quota of the country. Fingers crossed.
yes but they wont go down to 400 so some of us r screwed. I am at 400

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
May I ask what constitutes an application? Say if I created my EE profile in April and submitted it with indication for OPNP consideration, would that be an application?

Chiuzi said:
From what I've read:

"Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016"

So, any application submitted before that is fine.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
OMG!

It does not apply to those who already applied? and waiting for an AOR?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
andy108 said:
OMG!

It does not apply to those who already applied? and waiting for an AOR?
As long as your application was received before May 9, you're safe.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Shoot...look at the bright side, it's just a few months. hopefully their selection criteria will not change dramatically after they have next year's quota.
Let's stay positive.

Sreyas said:
As per my understanding, those applications sent to Ontario after being picked by OINP would be considered for processing. For the new applications in the pool to be picked, I suppose we need to wait for another 4-5 months. :(