+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP selection from Express Entry profile

dansura

Jul 16, 2021
I believe you have to stay for 3 years in the province that nominated you. Eventually you can shorten the time if you can prove that you got employment in another province. You can search on the web regarding this (its a common query)
I really couldn't find any official documentation for the duration, I did try searching the web. However, I had a different response here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/duration-of-stay.735048/#post-9552973

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
I applied under ontario skilled trade.
Applied - july 10
Assesement - july 14
Dip- july 17
Now how long it takes for approval. As i see my upper two stage are changed very quickly
Nomination should happen within a week or at most 10 days. Sometimes it happens in 2-3 days as well - it did in mine because I had ADR. They waited for a week post that to give DIP and then 2 days for nomination.

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Nomination should happen within a week or at most 10 days. Sometimes it happens in 2-3 days as well - it did in mine because I had ADR. They waited for a week post that to give DIP and then 2 days for nomination.
I guess nomination this period will come so fast for both Outland and inland

Jul 18, 2021
I’ve a query regarding immigration. I’ve got a PNP nomination from Ontario and I’ve applied PR via express entry online. My application is in progress as of now.

Currently, I’m in Delhi, India, and waiting for my PPR. I also applied for my Master's degree in the US and I have an offer from a university in Florida. The problem is the start date of the course which is September 2021.

My plan is to quit my course and move to Canada if I get PPR. My question is will I be able to do it? Could they cancel my PR application via PNP if they know I recently moved to the USA? Will it be against the intent of settling in the province?

Should I then go for my course in the USA or wait for my PPR and lose this opportunity?

My priority is to get PR in Canada over a student visa in the US.

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
I’ve a query regarding immigration. I’ve got a PNP nomination from Ontario and I’ve applied PR via express entry online. My application is in progress as of now.

Currently, I’m in Delhi, India, and waiting for my PPR. I also applied for my Master's degree in the US and I have an offer from a university in Florida. The problem is the start date of the course which is September 2021.

My plan is to quit my course and move to Canada if I get PPR. My question is will I be able to do it? Could they cancel my PR application via PNP if they know I recently moved to the USA? Will it be against the intent of settling in the province?

Should I then go for my course in the USA or wait for my PPR and lose this opportunity?

My priority is to get PR in Canada over a student visa in the US.
This is a two way thing.
Firstly, securing a Canadian PR is a life time opportunity. So I will advice you to grab it. You may want to continue your masters in Canada next year after securing your PR. As a PR, tuition fee will be cheaper and affordable for you.
Secondly, you can decide to go US for your masters while your PR is under process. Once you get your COPR then you can land in Canada, get your PR card and go back to US.
So, if I were you, I will do the first option. Because I can’t afford paying that much tuition in the US when I know I can actually pay less as a Canadian PR.

Jul 18, 2021
This is a two way thing.
Firstly, securing a Canadian PR is a life time opportunity. So I will advice you to grab it. You may want to continue your masters in Canada next year after securing your PR. As a PR, tuition fee will be cheaper and affordable for you.
Secondly, you can decide to go US for your masters while your PR is under process. Once you get your COPR then you can land in Canada, get your PR card and go back to US.
So, if I were you, I will do the first option. Because I can’t afford paying that much tuition in the US when I know I can actually pay less as a Canadian PR.
Thanks for getting back to me. I can go to the US in the meantime but if I get PPR, could cancel my nomination because to them I'm studying in the US while I showed my intention to live in one of their province (PNP)?

Also, will I need to update EE profile when I move to the US?

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Guys, My timeline has changed.
NOC: 1111 (Outland)
NOI: June 23rd
Submitted: June 30th
Assessment: July 14th
DIP: 20th July
ADR: 20th July (15 days to upload document)
Nomination: Nil

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Is it DIP or ADR for you now ? What's the ADR they have requested ?
My status changed to DIP today and I also received an email requesting for additional document/information. The thing is, my previous employer stated monthly salary as proof of compensation instead of annual salary in all my positions held. So, I hope to get that soon.

ammar.dubai

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
My status changed to DIP today and I also received an email requesting for additional document/information. The thing is, my previous employer stated monthly salary as proof of compensation instead of annual salary in all my positions held. So, I hope to get that soon.
Thats kinda strange right. It's the same thing they can calculate the annual salary. Why would they request for that? I am hoping you will get the nomination by this month

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Thats kinda strange right. It's the same thing they can calculate the annual salary. Why would they request for that? I am hoping you will get the nomination by this month
Yes, I was surprised myself. After confirming that my application was complete lol. I guess it depends on whoever is handling the file.
Hopefully, the nomination should be on or before 2nd week of August.

Reactions: ammar.dubai