+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP/ Ontario PNP sent in Jan 2016, Lets connect Here

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
MDM23 said:
Hi Guys, i just happened to visit this link provided by Stanlee which is accurate. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html. on this link there is a change in personal information form link which is http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/005-0161E~1/$File/0161E.pdf, unfortunately it gives 502 error. Any clues? Any other alternatives to download this form?
It worked for me just now as well http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/005-0161E~1/$File/0161E.pdf

Try again, or PM me your email, I shall forward it to you.

tfreirl

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2018
TicTocCroc said:
Very frustrated after a phone call from OINP today.

I am currently a visitor in Canada, staying with family. I am from a visa exempt country, so just have eTA.

The person told me that it could be several months before they would get to my pack, and that then I would receive phone calls for extra info etc, and with the volume of applications, he did not seem hopeful of me getting nomination.

He advised that my best bet would be to get a work permit, which would enable me to get ITA through EE and then I could just withdraw from OINP.

However, he then said that I wouldn't be able to apply for or interview for jobs on a visitor visa (which I don't have, as I am visa exempt).

So my question is this - I have applied for several jobs from home, and had many responses that they would like to interview me when I am in Canada. How is one supposed to get a job and hence a work permit, if you cannot interview for jobs when you are here, but your potential employers want to meet you face to face?
The highlighted part makes me a little bit worried. As today, there is no evidence that they won't nominate everyone who received NOI and sent all required documents. A change after such a long wait would be devastating. And you said that your score is 451, which is pretty high. If even the candidates with higher scores don't get nomination, wel...

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Stanlee said:
It worked for me just now as well http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/005-0161E~1/$File/0161E.pdf

Try again, or PM me your email, I shall forward it to you.
yes it works now. thanks for pointing that out. :)

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
devnill said:
You are allowed to apply for and be interviewed for jobs while you are visiting Canada.
If you watch the show border security, you will see that the OINP staff told you the right thing. People on visitor visa coming here with intention to find a job will have trouble with the border officer. Many cases got deportation right at the border before they got a chance to enter Canada. You are not supposed to attend interview or look for job when you are on visitor visa. You do it at your own risk.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
karenv said:
If you watch the show border security, you will see that the OINP staff told you the right thing. People on visitor visa coming here with intention to find a job will have trouble with the border officer. Many cases got deportation right at the border before they got a chance to enter Canada. You are not supposed to attend interview or look for job when you are on visitor visa. You do it at your own risk.
Exactly!

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Fortunately the job I have been offered was a Skype interview from the uk back in May, but I could have easily fallen into this trap, as I cannot find anywhere what visa I am supposed to come to Canada on in order to interview.

I am from a visa exempt country- does that make a difference?

Nov 23, 2015
From my understanding, visa is only for entering the country. If you are looking to travel, you don't need anything; if you are looking to study, you need a study permit; if you are looking to work, you need a work permit. Therefore, if you are being interviewed, it shows your intention to work. To avoid the risk of the situation mentioned above, you might want to have a work permit before you accepting any interview just to be safe. It has nothing to do with visa exempt or not. please correct me if i am wrong.

TicTocCroc said:
Fortunately the job I have been offered was a Skype interview from the uk back in May, but I could have easily fallen into this trap, as I cannot find anywhere what visa I am supposed to come to Canada on in order to interview.

hopingtomigrate

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantduggal said:
36 days after receiving AOR
and
30 Days after receiving new DD.
I have finally received my old DD. (about 36 days after receiving the AOR).

Although OINP couriered the old DD on 8th Sept, I only received it today, 15th Sept due to public holidays in the region.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
TicTocCroc said:

Canada doesn't have a visa to come here for an interview. You and your employer must work out a way to interview you. When the company offers you a job, the company will ask if you are eligible to work in Canada. If you do not have a work permit, the company will need to apply for LMIA and your work permit, which is a complicated process. There is also no simple and straight forward work permit for foreigners who get a job offer in Canada.

There are several exceptions, such as people from trade agreements (ex: NAFTA ) , International Experience or some special jobs. By the fact that you are from UK, you may belong to these exception categories. Please check by yourself on CIC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-nopermit-result.asp?results=all

eFaith

Oct 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OINP App - 23-01-2016
Nomination.....
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
TicTocCroc said:

I am currently a visitor in Canada, staying with family. I am from a visa exempt country, so just have eTA.

The person told me that it could be several months before they would get to my pack, and that then I would receive phone calls for extra info etc, and with the volume of applications, he did not seem hopeful of me getting nomination.

He advised that my best bet would be to get a work permit, which would enable me to get ITA through EE and then I could just withdraw from OINP.

However, he then said that I wouldn't be able to apply for or interview for jobs on a visitor visa (which I don't have, as I am visa exempt).

So my question is this - I have applied for several jobs from home, and had many responses that they would like to interview me when I am in Canada. How is one supposed to get a job and hence a work permit, if you cannot interview for jobs when you are here, but your potential employers want to meet you face to face?
Hello all, on what number does OINP call someone. Does it show an actual number or it appears as ''unknown'' caller number?

sohal89

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hello everyone!! I am a silent follower of this thread form last 6 months. I received my AOR on 12th July and today I got this email when I enquired about my present file status:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised that our records indicate the file referenced is at the second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst.

If there is any further information needed for your application, you will be contacted by our officer.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
TicTocCroc said:

You make a valid point, my understanding is this, an interview is not WORK so no Work Permit is required. An interview is nothing more that a Business Meeting, which can be done in a business visitor visa or/and eTA (Visa Exempt). The officer probably thought you're on a simple visitor's visa and not a business vistor's visa.

So if you're already in Canada on eTA I wouldn't see as a problem you going ahead with the interview, but if you want to be 100% correct you may want to see how do change your reason for visting from Tourism to Business... What you can not do is go for a interview and start straight away, as you don't have a WP. So it's vital your employer knows you'll need LMIA and WP before you start work...

If you're outside canada then its another matter. In this case your employer SHOULD arrange a Skype interview for you as paying $1000 for a flight to be interviewed, but if a face to face is required than it's a business visit, so go with eTA if possible if not then apply for a business visit visa. If you need to apply for a business visa then you'll need an invitation letter from people who want to interview you - again not required if you can get an eTA.

carbonchemist

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
Anyone with the link to the OINP January spreadsheet?

rnkhouse

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hello guys,

I am very happy to know you guys that I got nomination today. Below is my detail:

CRS: 1051
NOC: 2175
OINP App Received: 23rd February, 2016
AOR and phone call : 18th June, 2016
Additional doc submitted: 20th June, 2016
Second phone call: 14th September, 2016 (Asked few more docs)
Additional doc request email: 14th September, 2016
Additional doc submitted: 14th September, 2016
OINP Nomination: 15th September, 2016

I am very grateful to all of you who supported me in my doubts and this forum. I hope everyone will get nomination soon. All the best.
Let me know if any one has any questions.
Thanks!