Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KindaCanadian said:
Dear all,

Another "rookie" question. From the point of Nomination, is it still required to send Change of Personal Information to OINP if some of my personal details change? Or are we "through" with OINP from that moment on :)

Thanks a lot in advance
After you're given the nomination that's it for OINP, you wont need to contact them again. The point is, if something happens and your points fall below 400 they CAN revoke your nomination... So for example, if you applied to OINP as a single applicant with 410 points, got PT... got NOM then decided to add you wife to the application which brings your CRS points to 395, they can revoke your nomination. But simple things such as address, WP, etc. that don't affect your points you don't need to bother with OINP anymore.

KindaCanadian

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Nomination.....
18-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017; 17-07-2018
Dear g126,

Many thanks for your detailed explanation. I am glad that is the case, mostly because I won't have to bother with getting a Letter of Recommendation in case I switch jobs after the nomination.

Cheers!

7fish

Oct 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March-14-2017
How to know which officer is reviewing my documents? THANKS

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I need some advise. I have a really complicated issue here. I submitted my application on the 27th of Jan, 2016 and recieved AOR on 10th August, 2016.
My profile expired on the 20th of September which I renewed on the 1st of October and sent OINP accordingly. My CRS will drop below 400 by 20th of October, so I arranged to get another IELTS exam done on the 8th of October but I fell really ill before the exam and I just couldn't take the exam.
I have re-scheduled for the 29th as that is the nearest exam date available and I have written a letter to OINP explaining all that happened, sent them the Doctor's report and also the transfer receipt given to me by IELTS.

I am really worried that they will withdraw their consideration and cancel all that I have been doing due to my score dropping below 400.
Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I can do? Do you guys think I will get any acknowledgement for the letter I wrote to them?

Kindly advise because I am all sorts of worried right now.

Thank you all.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Tito G said:
Hello All,

I need some advise. I have a really complicated issue here. I submitted my application on the 27th of Jan, 2016 and recieved AOR on 10th August, 2016.
My profile expired on the 20th of September which I renewed on the 1st of October and sent OINP accordingly. My CRS will drop below 400 by 20th of October, so I arranged to get another IELTS exam done on the 8th of October but I fell really ill before the exam and I just couldn't take the exam.
I have re-scheduled for the 29th as that is the nearest exam date available and I have written a letter to OINP explaining all that happened, sent them the Doctor's report and also the transfer receipt given to me by IELTS.

I am really worried that they will withdraw their consideration and cancel all that I have been doing due to my score dropping below 400.
Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I can do? Do you guys think I will get any acknowledgement for the letter I wrote to them?

Kindly advise because I am all sorts of worried right now.

Thank you all.
why is your CRS dropping? if it is due to age, you don't need to sit for the exam at all, as they lock in the age at the time of PT invitation

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not true, you have real problem there.
For human capital it is clearly stated following:

Express Entry Ranking: All applicants must score a minimum of 400 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System in IRCC’s Express Entry system. Your score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination
processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residency processing stage.

That mean that you must keep those 400 points until you get final paperwork done on federal level stage.

Expired profile is no problem, but dropping because of the age is.

7.2 MAINTAINING A MINIMUM CRS SCORE OF 400
You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.
You should be aware that changes in personal circumstance can affect your CRS score. These include:
 Marriage or common-law relationships;
 Change in English or French language levels following revised testing; and
 Work experience falling out of the eligibility period for the Canadian Experience Class (i.e., no longer having one year of Canadian work within the last three).
It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you update your information in the Express Entry portal if there is a change in your circumstances so that your CRS score is accurately calculated. If a change in circumstance results in your CRS score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform OINP. If your score falls below 400 before you have been nominated, you must withdraw your nominee application. If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already been nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must inform OINP of the change in your CRS score, at which point OINP will withdraw your nomination. Note that failure to contact OINP if your CRS score falls below 400 will result in a refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence by IRCC.

Unfortunatelly you being ill will not interest Ontario.

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:

Express Entry Ranking: All applicants must score a minimum of 400 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System in IRCC’s Express Entry system. Your score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination
processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residency processing stage.

That mean that you must keep those 400 points until you get final paperwork done on federal level stage.

You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.
You should be aware that changes in personal circumstance can affect your CRS score. These include:
 Work experience falling out of the eligibility period for the Canadian Experience Class (i.e., no longer having one year of Canadian work within the last three).
It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you update your information in the Express Entry portal if there is a change in your circumstances so that your CRS score is accurately calculated. If a change in circumstance results in your CRS score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform OINP. If your score falls below 400 before you have been nominated, you must withdraw your nominee application. If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already been nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must inform OINP of the change in your CRS score, at which point OINP will withdraw your nomination. Note that failure to contact OINP if your CRS score falls below 400 will result in a refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence by IRCC.

Thank you vensak,

What do you think I should do please?
Effectively, this means I would be starting this process from scratch, pay another fee e.t.c

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
vensak said:

This is wrong information.

dropping in CRS due to age - other factors being constant - is not a problem, this is strainght from OINP, you can check with them yourself:

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitation to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant's ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

A temporary public policy will permit the exemption of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by IRCC and the receipt of the resulting application by IRCC.
SOURCE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

Accordingly this exemption will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the APR application.

The OINP exempts applicants from drops in CRS scores that are related to their age. In this regard, we will consider your age at the date your notification of interest was sent.

Consequently, you may be eligible to apply even if your score has fallen below 400 points but only if it is because you changed age between the time you have received your PT Notification of Interest from OINP and the time you have submitted your application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

It is the only exemption for having a score below 400 points. Otherwise, you must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Tito G said:
On the age basis, I turn a year older on the 20th so it drops on that day.
it matters not.. you do not need to sit for IELTS at all, if you call OINP they'll confirm the same.. Do call them after an hour and a half from now.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First and more important how many points will you be missing at that date?

1. to try to hit IELTS test before 20 of October (maybe in another country).
2. Check if ever there is anything else that can help you (more years of work experience, second diploma...)
3. French test (also there is low probability that you can get that one within 3 days)
4. If you have spouse, then her education, language test or work experience

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for clarification.
However I still see the problem of the wording in the stated above.

What is stated in the link you have sent is that the age extemption is stated for time between PT and sent out of application (AOR).

Now the Ontario requirement is following:
To maintain 400 points until you get ITA and submit your application.

For ITA purposes your age will be fixed only at the day when you get ITA which is only after PNP is done.

Also technicaly from the moment of PNP you will be granted additional 600 points which will lead to the score of 1000 +

Now what is not clear is if Ontario wants to see 400+ basic points or total points
What will happen with the period between AOR and PNP

I would certainly ask, as this clause alone gives plenty space of interpretation.

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maged_mmh said:
it matters not.. you do not need to sit for IELTS at all, if you call OINP they'll confirm the same.. Do call them after an hour and a half from now.
Thank you Maged_mmh, This is a big relief! unfortunately I have already put in for the IELTS exam but at leaset I am well armed with this information now.

Thanks vensak, i will still look into all you listed just incase....

I really appreciate all your help and how promptly your responses were.

All the best.