+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - No TRF

ha028

Feb 10, 2024
Hey there, I had my IELTS with British Council in their test center at Consumers road, North York, Toronto in Sep 2022. I got my PNP invite a couple of days ago so when I logged in into my test taker portal to download the eTRF. Strangely there is no download option in my test results section. After a bit of research and emailing people I got an email saying that the organization (ETC) who was holding the test folded and it’s now under a new management (BITTS).

Here is the email I got:

“We regret to announce that due to the deficits left by COVID, ETC no longer has the financial means to run IELTS tests. We ran our final IELTS tests on 31 March, 2023. All unclaimed or returned TRFs (Test Report Forms) were securely shredded by our centre closing date of May 31, 2023, as per security protocols. All refunds were duly processed by this date. We are no longer able to process additional TRFs, and the British Council is no longer providing personal reprints. Your IELTS scores will remain visible to you on your IELTS portal for a full two years after your test. Your portal will have your TRF number. Use this number for your IRCC applications.”

Has anyone else had any similar experience? I contacted the new management and they told me to contact the British Council and I am currently waiting for the reply from British Council. But it is still very anxiety inducing. I do have my TRF reference number along with the results page in my portal. Will a PDF containing the screenshot of the above suffice if British Council says they can't do anything?

lynniii

Mar 26, 2024
I understand this is a challenging situation, and I'm going through something similar myself. May I ask how it went for you?