+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP masters graduate stream

zchawdhry

Newbie
May 10, 2016
3
0
Dear All,

I have a question regarding The Ontario Nomination program masters graduate:

I graduated from the masters program in September 2014 from University of Waterloo, it will be 2 years in September 2016 since I graduated and was supposed to file my nomination for masters stream with in those 2 years. I was preparing to file the nomination in the upcoming few days, Now that the nominations for masters graduate are closed for this year means I can't file it till the end of this year and that will surpass my 2 years limit.

Can anyone advise if something can be done to still file my nomination?

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Z
 

mcu257

Full Member
Apr 4, 2016
27
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2016
Nomination.....
19-Jun-2015
AOR Received.
03-Nov-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2016
LANDED..........
04-Nov-2016
Since they will continue to accept applications from Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants as Employer Pre-screen applications are assessed, my safest advice is for you to use this stream if you have a job offer and have met the criteria for this stream. You probably have to act fast.

For other options available for you (if any at all), maybe a senior member with more experience could offer an expert advice.
 

PK_11

Hero Member
Sep 18, 2014
420
30
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
2171
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
mcu257 said:
Since they will continue to accept applications from Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants as Employer Pre-screen applications are assessed, my safest advice is for you to use this stream if you have a job offer and have met the criteria for this stream. You probably have to act fast.

For other options available for you (if any at all), maybe a senior member with more experience could offer an expert advice.
Applicant cannot apply in this stream. It is only for those applicants whose pre screening in process or they hav got positive answer. No one can apply in opnp till stream gets open except French speaking stream.
 

zchawdhry

Newbie
May 10, 2016
3
0
Thanks guys for the reply.
My next question is that if one is to be considered for a pnp express entry, is there still a prequisite of applying within 2 years graduating or pnp express entry can be filed whenever we receive the invitation regardless of the time since graduation. Although express entry pnp is also on a pause now, I just need to know that as an option to consider in future.

Thanks
 

aircanada

Hero Member
May 27, 2014
335
57
zchawdhry said:
Thanks guys for the reply.
My next question is that if one is to be considered for a pnp express entry, is there still a prequisite of applying within 2 years graduating.
No.
 

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
6,620
1,241
You should apply directly to Express Entry and CEC, you have a good chance because of your masters degree, assuming you have the qualifying work experience and you are in your 20s.

Sorry, but unless OINP amends their criteria, I don't think it will be possible for you to apply to OINP anymore if they will reopen by November 2016 at the earliest, after your 2 year window has lapsed.
 

zchawdhry

Newbie
May 10, 2016
3
0
bellaluna said:
You should apply directly to Express Entry and CEC, you have a good chance because of your masters degree, assuming you have the qualifying work experience and you are in your 20s.

Sorry, but unless OINP amends their criteria, I don't think it will be possible for you to apply to OINP anymore if they will reopen by November 2016 at the earliest, after your 2 year window has lapsed.
Thanks for your input. My express entry score right now is 454, which is on the lower side. Is there any chance that provincial nomination for express entry will reopen anytime soon?
 

rashmisharma0927

Full Member
Sep 5, 2012
45
2
I completed my degree requirements in September 2014. I was also applying within this week but now they paused the proces :( I was granted the degree on 21 November. Two years start from the date of completion or the date degree was granted?
 

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
6,620
1,241
zchawdhry said:
Thanks for your input. My express entry score right now is 454, which is on the lower side. Is there any chance that provincial nomination for express entry will reopen anytime soon?
Also no earlier November 2016, but no official announcement about the Express Entry stream reopening yet.

You can hope for the scores to go down to 454 and possibly have CEC-specific draws, which was hinted at in the 2016 immigration plan.
 

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
147
18
My situation is similar i graduated Sep 2014. Thank God i have just submitted my application.

I totally understand why you didn't file your application earlier, especially if you have involved in Job time is flying with all other stuff.

What made it worse was that Ontario sent 2700 out of 5200 to EE candidates so that caused others streams competing in 2500 position..

Masters Graduates

PhD Graduates

Foreign Workers

International Students
With a Job Offer


“In January 2016 alone, the OINP received over 1,800 applications”. That is CRAZY!!!! this is another lotto max !!

Although my application inside OINP, I have just enabled all provinces to send an invitation in my EE. And that's what you should do as well.

Ref.http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_FAQ.html

rashmisharma0927 said:
Two years start from the date of completion or the date degree was granted?
Yes , 2 years from the date mentioned in your final certificate.
 

simona87

Newbie
Feb 18, 2015
5
1
Hi everyone

I'd really like to write about what it means to you that Ontario closed the PNP for MA's and PhD's so early this year. I've written about all the problems with international student immigration quite a bit. Please get in touch today - on deadline - Simona Chiose.

schiose@globeandmail.com

Thanks!
 

nevillek

Hero Member
Apr 25, 2011
703
3
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
8.0
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013

xxx21202

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
66
12
CANADA
Hi Fellas,

This question is for my sibling, I am planning for her masters study in Canada, I did some research on Master's stream and what I've understood from it is:

1)Complete a Master's degree.
2)After completing degree apply for OINP (without any wait period and job offer letter).
3)It has nothing to do with if you've got the job or not.

If I'm wrong on these conclusions please let me know about it.

Thanks
 

nevillek

Hero Member
Apr 25, 2011
703
3
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
8.0
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
They closed the Masters stream last week. It may never reopen.
 

Joseph.W

Newbie
May 20, 2016
5
0
nevillek said:
They closed the Masters stream last week. It may never reopen.
Well, I don't think they will close grad level, there might be some changes..
But EE.. For sure, there will be some changes.