+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters Graduate stream EOI

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi all, I was tracking and considering the OINP masters program quite seriously but recently I saw an updated scoring grid on their page:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/register-expression-interest-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program
Now it looks like Canadian Education will only get you points if you've done at least a 2yr length course.. so no more 1yr Masters for OINP then?
Earlier there was no duration clause on the Canadian education points in that grid.. (I wish I had a screenshot of it)
In that case getting the 35 pts (the latest round cutoff) is almost impossible for me till I get a job post Masters and complete 1yr, by then I'll be eligible for CEC itself!
Can the experts here confirm whether I'm correct in my assessment of this change?
My potential pts (If indeed I go for Masters OINP prog): 30pts
Canadian work experience: duration: 0pts
Canadian work experience: NOC skill level: 0pts
Canadian work experience: earnings history: 0pts
Field of study (Canadian credential) Arts and Humanities – 5 points
Canadian education experience
(credential must be from a Canadian public institution and be at least two years in length)
0pts
Official language ability 10pts
Knowledge of official languages 5pts
Regional immigration: location of study Outside GTA – 10 points

Thanks in advance
For the two year length, that is a general information and it applies to some streams especially the international student stream. Create a profile then you can see the actual points you will get. You can even play around with it. You don't have to submit.

co2020

May 31, 2020
$1500 for this nomination doesn't seem worth it man. On top of receiving the nomination, then we have pay another $1100 for Express Entry loooool
I share the same thought. It is only worth it as a last option. After nomination, the fee should be for the right to permanent residence which should be around $500. The worst part is that my stream (Masters stream) is Paper based and one has to wait another 18 - 22 months to get PR. I just don't like putting my eggs in one basket, hence my application. This is why I am yet to submit my application after receiving a nomination.

Plus I applied for TR to Pr on May 6 and I am waiting for an update. At least they are now processing applications submitted at 4pm on May 6th and I applied around 10pm. If I don't get my PR by February 2022, only then I will apply using my nomination since it is valid for 6 months. But I don't see that happening.

Reactions: sk2017.ca

sk2017.ca

Oct 6, 2021

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Hello.. I am trying to submit my EOI for masters graduate stream but I keep on getting this "we have encountered an error during your submission. Please wait a minute and try again by selecting the submit button". Did someone else face this issue? If yes, can somebody please tell how to resolve it?

Sky high

Aug 17, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have already submitted my application for OINP for the master's graduate stream after receiving the nomination. Now i am submitting my profile for CEC and in that, there is a section that says " Has ABC applied for express entry before". Should I say yes or no looking at the fact that I have already applied for OINP but it is a non-express entry program?

Also, there is a section that says "has ABC received a nomination certificate from a province or territory "
should I say yes or no looking at the fact that I have already applied for OINP after receiving the nomination

Any advice will be very helpful.

zoiiz

Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys,

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream Here it says "You must have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before you apply".

However in the attestation form which is to be submitted when applying after being invited to apply dictates "The Attestation Form should be completed on the same date that you submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the OINP." and within it says "I attest/confirm that as of the date my EOI was registered electronically: I met all the prescribed stream criteria necessary to be approved..."

So, by which date exactly do I need to meet all criteria, the EOI date or the application submission date? I've been studying and living in Ontario for over 6 years and within the past two years started living in Ontario since Sep 7, 2021. If it was the EOI date, I would need to wait for the next draw, and if it's the other, I would be able to apply within in a few days.

Called the office and their answer isn't clear, anyone had similar experience that can be shared? Thank you so very much!

clareb

Feb 22, 2023
Hi, What will be the correct date to be filled in the "My EOI was registered with the OINP electronically on?" in the Attestation Form

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hi, What will be the correct date to be filled in the "My EOI was registered with the OINP electronically on?" in the Attestation Form
On the date on the Assessment form, the instructions as per OINP's website : https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-expression-interest-system-streams , says that "Your Attestation Form must be completed on the same day you register your Expression of Interest (EOI). Should you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you are required to upload this form as part of your application".

The wordings imply that the signed and scanned attestation form (which you upload) must carry the same date as the date on which you registered the EOI.However, if you can get it clarified by calling OINP or mailing them (it might take a long time), you should do that. I agree that is sounds a bit vague, but putting the date on which you make your ITA submissions is a bit of a chancy thing in my opinion.

Harshutsa

Mar 14, 2023
Hello Friends!

I have a question regarding updating my family composition once I receive the PNC certificate under Masters Stream.
1) What would happen if I update the family composition once I receive my PNC certificate and just before applying for PR through Federal (IRCC)??
2) How will it affect the PR application??
3) Can anyone suggest which would be the best time to change the family composition ( Before applying for PR through IRCC or after completing the PR application??)

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hello Friends!

I have a question regarding updating my family composition once I receive the PNC certificate under Masters Stream.
1) What would happen if I update the family composition once I receive my PNC certificate and just before applying for PR through Federal (IRCC)??
2) How will it affect the PR application??
3) Can anyone suggest which would be the best time to change the family composition ( Before applying for PR through IRCC or after completing the PR application??)
I have not reached that stage yet, but as I was filling up the Portal form, I noticed that they ask you to add all family members, whether they are coming with you to Canada or not. They said that if you dont add the member now, then PR processing will not be done for them same time as you and it will be unnecessarily delayed. I dont see a point in NOT adding a family member to your PR process.

You used the word family composition, not sure if it means anything other than someone already in a relationship/married or not. So that part is unclear (like are you going to be married after your PR application is submitted ?)

Harshutsa

Mar 14, 2023
I have not reached that stage yet, but as I was filling up the Portal form, I noticed that they ask you to add all family members, whether they are coming with you to Canada or not. They said that if you dont add the member now, then PR processing will not be done for them same time as you and it will be unnecessarily delayed. I dont see a point in NOT adding a family member to your PR process.

You used the word family composition, not sure if it means anything other than someone already in a relationship/married or not. So that part is unclear (like are you going to be married after your PR application is submitted ?)
I am planning to get married but am not sure which would be the better time to get married and add my spouse!
Should I wait to receive the Provincial Nominee Certificate and then get married or should I get married right away before receiving the PNC (Also, if I get married right now before receiving the Nomination certificate how would it affect the nomination?

(OINP Master's Stream
EOI: 03-Jan-2023
ITA: 25-Jan-2023
Applied: 07-Feb-2023
Assessment: 14-Mar-2023 )

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
I am planning to get married but am not sure which would be the better time to get married and add my spouse!
Should I wait to receive the Provincial Nominee Certificate and then get married or should I get married right away before receiving the PNC (Also, if I get married right now before receiving the Nomination certificate how would it affect the nomination?

(OINP Master's Stream
EOI: 03-Jan-2023
ITA: 25-Jan-2023
Applied: 07-Feb-2023
Assessment: 14-Mar-2023 )
I am not an authority to give any advice, so please dont construe what I am saying as advice and I dont have any liability for your actions :))

I think its best to wait until you receive the nomination letter, IMO. The alternative is very complicated, because if you get married before receiving the certificate, you have to inform OINP on the change in your status and also updated the Schedule forms. I applied with my spouse, so there is a lot more informaton that needs to be filled. Its overall a dicey situation. My opinion is that you should contact a Canada-based immigration lawyer and book a consultation with them to get this cleared. Its too risky to take opinions from people on this forum.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
I am not an authority to give any advice, so please dont construe what I am saying as advice and I dont have any liability for your actions :))

I think its best to wait until you receive the nomination letter, IMO. The alternative is very complicated, because if you get married before receiving the certificate, you have to inform OINP on the change in your status and also updated the Schedule forms. I applied with my spouse, so there is a lot more informaton that needs to be filled. Its overall a dicey situation. My opinion is that you should contact a Canada-based immigration lawyer and book a consultation with them to get this cleared. Its too risky to take opinions from people on this forum.
In addition to this, see this thread as well : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-pnp-certificate-now-considering-getting-married-and-then-applying-for-pr.322782/