+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters and PhD Stream 2018 - PR Paper Based

AdamAZ

Apr 3, 2018
Congratulations all, now, can we apply for PR by Express entry or only paper based application?

hardeepsingh751

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
can u help me out...
I got CRS 413 under OINP ICT category NOC 2283..

If I get money deposited to show as settlement funds to bank account as FD or into saving.. will that be ok?
as there is still time for NOI for me...

is there anything like funds should be 6 months old.. becoz i gt ielts CLB 10 few weeks back and bank account has no money.. if i get transfered in a week.. will that work when i submit for OINP in future?

thanks

Vitasta

Apr 8, 2018
Can we use this nomination in EE profile?
I'm pretty sure this cannot be sure for Express Entry.

The OINP FAQ's expressly state that the Master's stream doesn't fall under EE, so a nomination garnered for the Master's Stream cannot be used for EE.

Copy pasting a FAQ from the OINP:
"5) How do Ontario Express Entry stream criteria differ from those of other the OINP streams?
Different streams have different requirements and seek to attract different types of applicants. Ontario’s Express Entry streams – Human Capital Priorities Stream, French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream and Skilled Trades Stream – are designed to attract those who have the language abilities, work experience, and education to fill job openings and thrive in Ontario’s labour market. The OINP streams - International Masters Graduate and International PhD Graduate Streams – target international students with an Ontario education and who have an attachment to the province. Additionally, the Employer Job Offer streams – Foreign Workers, International Students and In-Demand Skills – allow Ontario businesses to fill permanent positions in professional, managerial or skilled trades occupations "

Reactions: AdamAZ and DPT

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
can u help me out...

If I get money deposited to show as settlement funds to bank account as FD or into saving.. will that be ok?

is there anything like funds should be 6 months old.. becoz i gt ielts CLB 10 few weeks back and bank account has no money.. if i get transfered in a week.. will that work when i submit for OINP in future?

thanks

Hey hardeepsingh751

I am admittedly unfamiliar with the ICT stream, but from my experience you do not have to have settlement funds for the full 6 months.
I myself had the settlement funds in my account for only 4 months when I applied to OINP masters stream.
I provided OINP with:

1) the proof wire transfer,
2) a letter from my fathers bank stating that he had the money transferred from his bank account,
3) a bank statement showing the debit of the funds from my fathers bank account,
4) my bank statement showing the credit of the funds in my account
5) a Deed Gift which was notarised (this was a signed declaration from my father that the money is intended to be a gift which is aimed at helping me with settlement funds and that this is not a loan and does not need to be returned to him ever)
6) my 6 prior bank statements (even though for 2 of the months my account was empty)
7) a letter from my bank stating what my balance is as at the date I submitted my application to OINP

OINP is concerned about persons who get loans and pad their bank accounts for a few months then transfer the money back to the owners. Therefore before making a final decision OINP may ask you to provide additional bank statements to prove that you still have the full amount of the settlement funds in your account.

There are a lot of people on the forum that apply for OINP with the required settlement funds and then either use the money or give back the funds before a decision is made on their OINP application. When OINP asks them for additional bank statements they try to borrow funds again or can't come up with the money. They subsequently get rejected :(

I should say that all this proof is not required if you have a job or a job offer in Ontario.

Again I'm not familiar with the ICT stream but this is what I did for the masters stream even though I did not have the settlement funds for the required 6 month period.

************** Please check the settlement fund requirement for your specific stream***************

I hope this helps

hardeepsingh751

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Hey hardeepsingh751

I am admittedly unfamiliar with the ICT stream, but from my experience you do not have to have settlement funds for the full 6 months.
I myself had the settlement funds in my account for only 4 months when I applied to OINP masters stream.
I provided OINP with:

1) the proof wire transfer,
2) a letter from my fathers bank stating that he had the money transferred from his bank account,
3) a bank statement showing the debit of the funds from my fathers bank account,
4) my bank statement showing the credit of the funds in my account
5) a Deed Gift which was notarised (this was a signed declaration from my father that the money is intended to be a gift which is aimed at helping me with settlement funds and that this is not a loan and does not need to be returned to him ever)
6) my 6 prior bank statements (even though for 2 of the months my account was empty)
7) a letter from my bank stating what my balance is as at the date I submitted my application to OINP

OINP is concerned about persons who get loans and pad their bank accounts for a few months then transfer the money back to the owners. Therefore before making a final decision OINP may ask you to provide additional bank statements to prove that you still have the full amount of the settlement funds in your account.

There are a lot of people on the forum that apply for OINP with the required settlement funds and then either use the money or give back the funds before a decision is made on their OINP application. When OINP asks them for additional bank statements they try to borrow funds again or can't come up with the money. They subsequently get rejected :(

I should say that all this proof is not required if you have a job or a job offer in Ontario.

Again I'm not familiar with the ICT stream but this is what I did for the masters stream even though I did not have the settlement funds for the required 6 month period.

************** Please check the settlement fund requirement for your specific stream***************

I hope this helps
thanks a lot

hardeepsingh751

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
@
can u help me out...

thanks
@andy108

rjphd

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Anyone from PhD stream get nominated?

PhD Stream
Submitted: February 3, 2018
Assessment: March 9, 2018.
Decision in Progress: March 23, 2018

Still in DIP !

rjphd

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Submitted: January 30, 2018
Assessment: March 7, 2018
DIP: March 21, 2018
Approved: April 6, 2018

Yay!
Did you get a notification email for approval ? How long did it take to receive a nomination letter in mail. Did they provide you a tracking number ?

ezk

May 1, 2017
Masters Stream
Submitted: February 6, 2018
Assessment: March 13 2018.
Decision in Progress: April 5, 2018