+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters and PhD Stream 2018 - PR Paper Based

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hi guys,
Should I wait until the master stream being open to accept documents or I can send my profile on paper or through the site??

As I aware about the master stream program is that it is announced sometimes each year being open to receive applications but it reaches to the considered capacity rapidly and we cannot send any document after that. Am I wrong?

mimi1980

Mar 5, 2018
Hi guys,
Should I wait until the master stream being open to accept documents or I can send my profile on paper or through the site??

As I aware about the master stream program is that it is announced sometimes each year being open to receive applications but it reaches to the considered capacity rapidly and we cannot send any document after that. Am I wrong?
If you are applying for PR via the Provincial Nomination Program you have to wait until you get the nomination. Your application will be deemed incomplete without the nomination certificate and will not be processed.

As for the OINP process for Masters stream you have to make sure you are able to register for the program when it opens. The registration is announced a week ahead a couple of times a year but you have to be quick as the quota gets filled within an hour or so. Keep an eye on their website everyday.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi guys,
Masters stream Paper-based application mailed on August 2 but due to the long weekend it was delivered today (August 7).

I am wondering if anyone of you have attached bank letters to prove the amount you have entered in your application?

Also, how long does it take to get AOR?

Thanks in advance.

mimi1980

Mar 5, 2018
Thanks.
I am just worried because I have not attached any letter from the bank to prove the amount I have claimed.
I didn't either. I forgot to submit a copy of my birth certificate and I have been asked to submit the document within a week. There was no mention of any proof of funds.
The financial requirements are verified by OINP so I guess that's why we don't need to submit it.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
I didn't either. I forgot to submit a copy of my birth certificate and I have been asked to submit the document within a week. There was no mention of any proof of funds.
The financial requirements are verified by OINP so I guess that's why we don't need to submit it.
Okay. Thank you.

bamboo1229

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Here's my timeline. Hope it helps.

Master stream (paper-based)
OINP
Submitted: 4-9-2018
Nomination (received via mail): 6-7-2018

PR Application
CIC received: 6-20-2018
FN (received via email): 8-13-2018

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Here's my timeline. Hope it helps.

Master stream (paper-based)
OINP
Submitted: 4-9-2018
Nomination (received via mail): 6-7-2018

PR Application
CIC received: 6-20-2018
FN (received via email): 8-13-2018
Hi,

So after you receive nomination from OINP for Masters we have to send the paper based documents to CIC. After we send the documents to send via courier, how long does it take to get PR?

abc123321cba

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Hi,

So after you receive nomination from OINP for Masters we have to send the paper based documents to CIC. After we send the documents to send via courier, how long does it take to get PR?
Hi,
after you receive the nomination you have 6 months to apply for PR.
In order to apply for PR, as your nomination letter states, you need to apply through the paper based application.
Here is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html
Please notice that you have already completed step 1 (which is the provincial nomination), so follow steps from number 2.
From July, if you are an outland application (applying outside canada), and if you are from Europe, Asia you need to give your biometrics. However everything is explianed in the link above.

Regarding the time required to get PR it varies. Up to know the processing times are 19 months and it consists of different steps:
1) Send your complete PR-paper based application to the Visa office stated in your nomination letter. I suggest do it by courier where the signature of the person who receives the package is required. In this way you know for sure that your package arrived.
2) Wait for an email by CIC stating that they received your application and the review process has started. NOTE: it will take 3-4 MONTHS form the time you send the package by mail to the time they send you the email. So need to be patient and wait. When you receive the email that confirms that your application process is started they will give you the APPLICATION NUMBER. This is called as "AOR received" in the various forum
3) Link your application online using the application number CIC sent you by email it is like EPXXXXXXX
4) Now online you can check the status and if there is any request from CIC you will receive an email
5) Wait for the Medical request email. Usually it takes 3-4 months after they send the application number, but right now there is a delay. Indeed people with AOR in March are still waiting for MR (Medical request).
6) after MR it will take another 2-3 months to switch to MP (Medical Passed)
7) Background checks will be ran (not too sure about the timeline here)
8) Pre-arrival letter
9) PPR (request for the passport).
Regarding the last steps (8-9) I am not totally sure because in here not many people reached that step yet so my info are very limited.

This are my timeline, so you can have an idea: (From the OINP application up to now):

OINP under PhD stream, Inland application
Submitted to OINP: Feb 9th, 2018
Assessment: March 15th, 2018
Decision In Progress: April 19th, 2018 (26 calendar days passed from Assessment to DIP)
Approved: May 8th, 2018
Sent to CIC: May 30th, 2018
Received by CIC: May 31st, 2018
AOR received: Aug 2nd, 2018 (CIC sent an email with instructions to link online)
Waiting for MR

I hope this helps

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi,
after you receive the nomination you have 6 months to apply for PR.
In order to apply for PR, as your nomination letter states, you need to apply through the paper based application.
Here is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html
Please notice that you have already completed step 1 (which is the provincial nomination), so follow steps from number 2.
From July, if you are an outland application (applying outside canada), and if you are from Europe, Asia you need to give your biometrics. However everything is explianed in the link above.

Regarding the time required to get PR it varies. Up to know the processing times are 19 months and it consists of different steps:
1) Send your complete PR-paper based application to the Visa office stated in your nomination letter. I suggest do it by courier where the signature of the person who receives the package is required. In this way you know for sure that your package arrived.
2) Wait for an email by CIC stating that they received your application and the review process has started. NOTE: it will take 3-4 MONTHS form the time you send the package by mail to the time they send you the email. So need to be patient and wait. When you receive the email that confirms that your application process is started they will give you the APPLICATION NUMBER. This is called as "AOR received" in the various forum
3) Link your application online using the application number CIC sent you by email it is like EPXXXXXXX
4) Now online you can check the status and if there is any request from CIC you will receive an email
5) Wait for the Medical request email. Usually it takes 3-4 months after they send the application number, but right now there is a delay. Indeed people with AOR in March are still waiting for MR (Medical request).
6) after MR it will take another 2-3 months to switch to MP (Medical Passed)
7) Background checks will be ran (not too sure about the timeline here)
8) Pre-arrival letter
9) PPR (request for the passport).
Regarding the last steps (8-9) I am not totally sure because in here not many people reached that step yet so my info are very limited.

This are my timeline, so you can have an idea: (From the OINP application up to now):

OINP under PhD stream, Inland application
Submitted to OINP: Feb 9th, 2018
Assessment: March 15th, 2018
Decision In Progress: April 19th, 2018 (26 calendar days passed from Assessment to DIP)
Approved: May 8th, 2018
Sent to CIC: May 30th, 2018
Received by CIC: May 31st, 2018
AOR received: Aug 2nd, 2018 (CIC sent an email with instructions to link online)
Waiting for MR

I hope this helps
Hi,

Really appreciate your response. So minimum 12-19 months to get PR and the open work permit will only be for 12 months.

I have more doubts:
1. After your Masters degree, you get 1 years PGWP. What do we do when it expires? You apply for Bridging work permit and not work? As you are in Canada this will be an Inland application?
2. While a person studies and works on open work permit their spouse will get an open work permit as well: Can the spouse start a business on spousal open work permit?
3. After one graduates from the Master program, can they be hired by their spouse's business? If the spouse is able to start business on open work permit?

Thanks

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
hey everyone. I have just finished the masters program from ontario and am interested in applying for ONIP Masters Stream. My first question is regarding the documents required. I have rent 4 different rooms during my masters but one of the landlord hasnt given me the lease document. I have tried contacting him alot but he doesnt respond. Also, my phone initially was in the name of my uncle so he used to receive all the bills. Would it affect as I dont have the complete documents (lease and phone bill for at least one year)?

Thanks