+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream May 5 2023 Draw- Timelines

mangoshark

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have an inquiry about how getting married might affect my eligibility for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

I received the NOI on May 5th, where the minimum cutoff was 475 points. Currently, I have 475 points, but I'm curious about how my Express Entry (EE) profile would be impacted by marriage.

When I calculate my score as a married applicant (without future Spouse's IELTS, she has no work experience, ECA), my points drop to around 456.
I've heard that if Ontario proceeds with the nomination and grants me an additional 600 points, I should be able to include my future wife in my profile.

However, I'm unsure about this because Ontario might recalculate my score after adding my spouse, potentially putting me way below the NOI cutoff range.

If anyone has faced a similar situation, please share your insights. I'm open to adjusting the timing of my marriage based on what would be most advantageous without jeopardizing my nomination.

EDIT : My status as of today is assessment
Good question
My opinion is wait till you get your nomination. Also meanwhile prepare your spouse's necessary documentations so that once you get your nomination you can easily add your spouse's details and be eligible for the next ITA.

This is my opinion If anyone knows better please let us know :)

Kanwar14

Jun 22, 2023
Good question
My opinion is wait till you get your nomination. Also meanwhile prepare your spouse's necessary documentations so that once you get your nomination you can easily add your spouse's details and be eligible for the next ITA.

This is my opinion If anyone knows better please let us know :)
You mean to say after OINP nomination, he can add spouse in EE profile and update, can one follow this route or one has to first get his PR then apply for spousal PR?

mangoshark

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
You mean to say after OINP nomination, he can add spouse in EE profile and update, can one follow this route or one has to first get his PR then apply for spousal PR?
Yes. Lets say in a realistic scenario before ITA, and after the nomination someone married. (This could happen given the long time they take to process an application)
Then the applicant needs to update their EE profile right? because they cant say now they are single. Otherwise they are lying.
So after updating the profile with spouse's details primary applicant will still have more than 1000 CRS score because of the nomination.

I dont know I'm also curious in such a scenario

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Hi guys
So I’m still in DIP since August 10th
My ielts expires on NOV 7th
At this point I have no idea if I should sit the exam right away or wait. What would you do if you were me?
I don't think you'll need IELTS. I would say keep an eye out for when IELTS date is available next (there was no rush in my case and I could take one any day after 4days). Sometime around 1st - 2nd week of October take the test if you don't have a nomination at least (you will likely have one much earlier than that). If you scored above CLB9 the first time, then getting a CLB7 is literally just being present for the test so don't stress too much. Your application will likely be sent to EE before November 7.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yes. Lets say in a realistic scenario before ITA, and after the nomination someone married. (This could happen given the long time they take to process an application)
Then the applicant needs to update their EE profile right? because they cant say now they are single. Otherwise they are lying.
So after updating the profile with spouse's details primary applicant will still have more than 1000 CRS score because of the nomination.

I dont know I'm also curious in such a scenario
I would say get married after ITA so that you are not violating any rules and you are able to include your spouse in the application.

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
I don't think you'll need IELTS. I would say keep an eye out for when IELTS date is available next (there was no rush in my case and I could take one any day after 4days). Sometime around 1st - 2nd week of October take the test if you don't have a nomination at least (you will likely have one much earlier than that). If you scored above CLB9 the first time, then getting a CLB7 is literally just being present for the test so don't stress too much. Your application will likely be sent to EE before November 7.
This sounds like a good plan, I thought that if I get nothing from federal by mid-October I will either sot Ielts or celpip. My original ielts was 8.5 but I might be able to score better on celpip. I just wish Ontario was a little faster

Reactions: tumblewit

mangoshark

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I would say get married after ITA so that you are not violating any rules and you are able to include your spouse in the application.
Thats sounds good too. Will take sometime to collect all the documents however.
Also saw following in a different thread. Based on the following marrying after submitting is the safest option

"
Not really, I got married 7 ½ after my application was submitted and added my spouse to my application one month after the marriage took place, my PR application was approved only 10 days after she was added to my application.

We both received our PR.
"

This thread has more details about it
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-happens-if-i-got-married-after-i-receive-ita-or-after-i-file-e-apr.621771/

Last edited:
Reactions: Owais Iqbal

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Anyone knows PCC from PSK or Police Department? Which is preferable? But my local PSK is booked till Dec
PSK is the only place to get PCC. The one at police station is not the one to get. Apply asap. Select for immigration purposes to Canada in the options on the website while filling the form. Local police station verifies the documents.

Reactions: Kanwar14