+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if I got Married after I receive ITA or after I file e-APR?

UserFromIndia

Jun 7, 2017
I guess question itself is self-explanatory. What happen if my Marital status is changed from Single to Married after I receive ITA or after I file e-APR?

I believe there shouldn't be any issue if my martial status is changed to Engaged as I am still not married.

Thanks in advance for any answer

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
If your marital status changes at ANY time, you are required to inform IRCC immediately. If you don't and your application processes to the next stage, it shall amount to misrepresentation. The relationship status - 'Engaged' - is of no consequence to IRCC.

If you get married after receiving your ITA, you shall need to disclose your status when you submit your e-APR. In this case you need to be careful to check that your CRS score with your spouse (either accompanying or non-accompanying) does not fall below the minimum CRS score in your round of invitations. You shall need to submit PCC and Medicals for your Spouse.

If you get married after submitting your e-APR and inform IRCC via a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE), you shall still be required to submit the above documents for your spouse. IRCC shall ask you to upload them as an ADR and the processing of your application shall be delayed.

If you get married after landing, you shall need to take the Spousal Sponsorship route.

Reactions: VjolaBushaj

VjolaBushaj

Feb 3, 2019
If your marital status changes at ANY time, you are required to inform IRCC immediately. If you don't and your application processes to the next stage, it shall amount to misrepresentation. The relationship status - 'Engaged' - is of no consequence to IRCC.

If you get married after receiving your ITA, you shall need to disclose your status when you submit your e-APR. In this case you need to be careful to check that your CRS score with your spouse (either accompanying or non-accompanying) does not fall below the minimum CRS score in your round of invitations. You shall need to submit PCC and Medicals for your Spouse.

If you get married after submitting your e-APR and inform IRCC via a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE), you shall still be required to submit the above documents for your spouse. IRCC shall ask you to upload them as an ADR and the processing of your application shall be delayed.

If you get married after landing, you shall need to take the Spousal Sponsorship route.
I have a similar case.
I have applied single in my Express Entry profile and i received ITA with CRS 472 and cut off 471.
If I get married after submiting e-APR and inform IRCC, is my CRS recalcualted? Because if it is ,my new CRS will be 453 which obviously drops below the cut off and my application will be declined.
Please help if you had similar case

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a similar case.
I have applied single in my Express Entry profile and i received ITA with CRS 472 and cut off 471.
If I get married after submiting e-APR and inform IRCC, is my CRS recalcualted? Because if it is ,my new CRS will be 453 which obviously drops below the cut off and my application will be declined.
If you marry after submitting your PR app, no, your score will not be recalculated.

VjolaBushaj

Feb 3, 2019
If you marry after submitting your PR app, no, your score will not be recalculated.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
Do you happen to know anyone who might have gone through such scenario.
If yes , in case of marriage after e-APR , if CRS is not recalculated , what info will IRCC require from us? And how much will my application be delayed because of this.

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If yes , in case of marriage after e-APR , if CRS is not recalculated , what info will IRCC require from us? And how much will my application be delayed because of this.

Thanks in advance
Search the forum.

Forms, PCCs, medical, personal docs. Delay depends on how far along the app is when the spouse is added.

VjolaBushaj

Feb 3, 2019
Search the forum.

Forms, PCCs, medical, personal docs. Delay depends on how far along the app is when the spouse is added.
In your opinion or from you might have heard, when would be the most suitable time for me to get married after submission of e -APR and having received AOR , for example one month or more after the abovementioned period?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In your opinion or from you might have heard, when would be the most suitable time for me to get married after submission of e -APR and having received AOR , for example one month or more after the abovementioned period?
If you want to avoid delay, soon after submission.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I have a similar case.
No, if you marry after you've submitted your application your score will not be calculated.

You must inform IRCC about your change in marital status. You then have an option to update your application and add your spouse to your application as a dependent. If you wish to do so, a series of documents will be requested (several forms, police certificates, medical exam, etc.)

If you submit the medical exams upfront as well as corresponding police certificates not major delay to your application should be expected.

Also, your spouse's education and work experience will not be assessed.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

Thanks in advance
This was my case.

There is no way to know if your application will experience any delays or not for adding your spouse. There are so many different factors affecting the processing times of your PR application that there is no way to know.

Some PR applications take as little as 40 days while others take over 1 year, there are other factors that might delay your application more than doing this might actually do.

In my case l, after adding my spouse it took only business days to have my PR application approved, so I would say I didn't experience any delays, however some other people might have a whole difference experience.

Look at my time-line. I have a de other posts about this before.

All you need is submit a web form informing IRCC about your change in marital status and they will be able to tell you what you need to submit in order to add your spouse.

My advice would be do it, that's why you got married right. If not, you'll have to wait to submit an spousal sponsorship application which will take much longer (even up to 2 years and that's in addition to the time you'll have to wait to get your PR which could easily be between 6 months to 1 year)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I guess question itself is self-explanatory. What happen if my Marital status is changed from Single to Married after I receive ITA or after I file e-APR?

I believe there shouldn't be any issue if my martial status is changed to Engaged as I am still not married.

Thanks in advance for any answer
Being engaged is not a marital status, that's still single

VjolaBushaj

Feb 3, 2019
No, if you marry after you've submitted your application your score will not be calculated.

You must inform IRCC about your change in marital status. You then have an option to update your application and add your spouse to your application as a dependent. If you wish to do so, a series of documents will be requested (several forms, police certificates, medical exam, etc.)

If you submit the medical exams upfront as well as corresponding police certificates not major delay to your application should be expected.

Also, your spouse's education and work experience will not be assessed.
Do you have any idea how long after submission of application can i get married? Better say at what stage, after/before medicials or background check?

Also can you get married after PPR or CoPR, because is seems more certain this way. Is there any implication in doing this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Isn’t it safer to get married after CoPR or after PR visa. Where do you think stands the difference between getting married directly after e-APR and getting married after CoPR
There is no "safer".

The difference is wait time.