+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream May 5 2023 Draw- Timelines

ty952315

Aug 16, 2023
What type of ADR you got?
Here's the thing. I have two job titles (A & B) with my employer. I am working both two roles at the same time. One (A) is more of executive nature (partner), while the other (B) is more technical (tech manager). In my daily work, over 80% of my focus is actually on the work of B, so my reference letter from employer states that my job title is B. However, my LinkedIn title is A (you know, it is a bigger name with higher rank, better for public relations purposes). They caught me on this and asked for a letter to clarify the conflict in job titles.
So yeah, they do check your LinkedIn profile. I guess especially for outlanders, this is like one of the few public archives they can find on an applicant. I actually was aware of the possibility, but somehow did not change the title on LinkedIn to be consistent with my job reference letter. No idea where my mind was at. This is a really stupid one.

Last edited:

mangoshark

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Here's the thing. I have two job titles (A & B) with my employer. I am working both two roles at the same time. One (A) is more of executive nature (partner), while the other (B) is more technical (tech manager). In my daily work, over 80% of my focus is actually on the work of B, so my reference letter from employer states that my job title is B. However, my LinkedIn title is A (you know, it is a bigger name with higher rank, better for public relations purposes). They caught me on this and asked for a letter to clarify the conflict in job titles.
So yeah, they do check your LinkedIn profile. I guess especially for outlanders, this is like one of the few public archives they can find on an applicant. I actually was aware of the possibility, but somehow did not change the title on LinkedIn to be consistent with my job reference letter. No idea where my mind was at. This is a really stupid one.
Oh shit. Thanks for the information. My LinkedIn was so outdated and I just updated everything.
Thanks man

Reactions: Shadow09

pointpro

Jun 17, 2023
Are you an inland or outland candidate? Also when did you submit your application? Thanks!

ty952315

Aug 16, 2023
Are you an inland or outland candidate? Also when did you submit your application? Thanks!
I update these information in my signature. Here is the version up to now, in case you are not able to see the signature:
OINP HCP Tech - Outland
NOI: 5 May 2023
Submitted: 27 May 2023
Assessment: 28 June 2023
DIP: 21 July 2023
(ADR: required 17 Aug, submitted 22 Aug)
Speaking of which, I honestly did not see ADR coming so late - almost a month after turning DIP stage. I was assuming that they would give out ADR in earlier stages, like, assessment, or something. So you are never completely safe until nomination.

pointpro

Jun 17, 2023
I update these information in my signature. Here is the version up to now, in case you are not able to see the signature:
OINP HCP Tech - Outland
Speaking of which, I honestly did not see ADR coming so late - almost a month after turning DIP stage. I was assuming that they would give out ADR in earlier stages, like, assessment, or something. So you are never completely safe until nomination.
Oh wow! I'm glad you turned in the additional documents before the deadline. I've been in DIP for almost 14 days now and it is stressful that we have to wait this long.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
OINP HCP Tech - Outland
Wow this is scary man. Didn't expect them to check Linkedin