+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP HCP Stream - Application submitted in November 2017

Anura@06

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi Everyone, Below is my timeline, CRS Score and NOC code.

CRS : 355
NOC : 2174
EE Created: 16/06/17
NOI Recieved - ONIP: 28/06/17
NOI Submitted - 13/11/2017
Status - Submitted

Good luck everyone!!

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Looks like Ontario is not in a mood to send nominations as quickly as they were in July..
Yeah. Rewinding past months, OINP is facing a lot of technical difficulties lately. This may also be the reason for the delay.
I believe they will expedite the process.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Is this just a speculation OINP ITAs will be processed slower than direct ones?
Whats the average time from ITA to PR for OINP profiles in 2017?

PS:
I believe it is much faster than earlier years, when it took more than a year.
No it isn't a speculation.
In general, PNP applicants are taking about 5 months for PR while direct applicants averaged 3-4 months.

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
So hopefully we can cheer up by June-July next year :)
I'd say around august to september.

You have to consider OINP processing and the time you'll take from ITA to AOR as well.

In my case, I'm estimating 45 days for OINP processing, 15 days from nomination to ITA, 30 days from ITA to AOR and only then the 189 days from AOR to PPR.

And I'm considering my 30 day ITA to AOR a fast route, because all I have to update in my case is one of the updated bank letters (sent in portugese, will need new translation), brazilian PCC which can be retrieved online in seconds and translation, and the medical exam. You should consider the PCC bureaucracy time in your country or case (if you lived abroad) to estimate your ITA to AOR needed time (in a 90 day max).

Reactions: Lala1234

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
I'd say around august to september.

You have to consider OINP processing and the time you'll take from ITA to AOR as well.

In my case, I'm estimating 45 days for OINP processing, 15 days from nomination to ITA, 30 days from ITA to AOR and only then the 189 days from AOR to PPR.

And I'm considering my 30 day ITA to AOR a fast route, because all I have to update in my case is one of the updated bank letters (sent in portugese, will need new translation), brazilian PCC which can be retrieved online in seconds and translation, and the medical exam. You should consider the PCC bureaucracy time in your country or case (if you lived abroad) to estimate your ITA to AOR needed time (in a 90 day max).
Apparently timeline varies with profiles, officers etc. Anyway we are getting closer to that milestone.

Cheers!

Reactions: Lala1234

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Apparently timeline varies with profiles, officers etc. Anyway we are getting closer to that milestone.

Cheers!
That´s why I estimate using averages.

I also have a feeling that most of our applications will only start being assessed late november. They have the perfect excuse in their hands to slow down (IT issues), so there´s not much to do but be patient for now.

goonerboi

Feb 7, 2017
South Coast
Looking for any kind soul to reply.

I am waiting for OINP (HCP) to start issuing NOI, as I have my IELTS & ECA ready and EE profile created with a 400+ CRS with WorkExp in ICT.
I understand that once a NOI is received, I have 6 months before it becomes invalid.
So, I register in the OINP portal and I have a 14 day clock ticking before I need to submit the documents required.
During the conclusion of my submission, I pay CAD 1500 for my application package (irrespective of the number of dependants) and also order a duplicate copy of my ECA report to be sent to OINP.

Correct me if I got any of the above wrong.

Now, onto my question :
What are the docs that are required for submission. I went through the Application Guide here "http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf"
but I would love to hear from someone list out the docs that I need to keep ready as soon as a NOI is received.

I will list down what all I need (including the docs), so please add or correct as required.
  • Express Entry Profile Number, Job Seeker Validation Number and Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score in Express Entry
  • Marriage certificate? (If married)
  • ECA details
  • IELTS TRF details
  • Scanned Photograph as per mentioned dimensions
  • All pages of the passport (including blank pages)
  • Birth certificate? - What happens if I don't have one (I have my SSLC Std10 & HSC Std12 certificate which is commonly used in India as part of DOB proof) Do I still need some additional notarisation if I submit my School certificate as proof?
  • Resume - How detailed should it be? As aligned as possible to the NOC that you are applying to? Do we have a page-limit or a recommended number of pages for this document?
  • Employment Reference Letter - The details required (such as # of hours per week & salary) will not be provided in the same manner from my Employer. So do we have an alternative (I read somewhere that we can get a reference letter from the reporting manager/supervisor indicating the required details with a copy of his/her ID card and get the letter notarised - Would this suffice?)
  • Work Contracts (I am assuming this to be what we call the OFFER letter) If my last 10 years of work experience belongs to one organization, would that particular offer letter received 10 years ago would be sufficient?
  • Proof of compensation - Now this is my tricky one. Since my WorkExp is in one organization for the last 10 years, would the first pay-stub and the latest pay-stub be sufficient? What is meant by each work experience - does role change count in this within the organization? If I submit IT documents, will the first year and the last year be sufficient? Or the easiest would be to provide my bank statement indicating salary deposit in Year 1 and Year 10 since I have held the same account for salary deposits. Suggestions welcome!
  • Settlement Funds ( This can be bank statement of the last 6 months / Fixed Deposit / Employee Provident Fund ) If I receive money from parents, I assume a gift deed is required, duly notarised. If my spouse has to show his/her deposit to support my application, which document is required?
  • Letter of Intent to reside in Ontario
Did I miss out on anything? Whatever listed above was mandatory as far as I read, so please correct me if any of the above is optional or I missed out on a glaring mandatory document.

PS : I have had stints in different countries for a period of time during my employment in the same organization. Where should this be mentioned? Is this even required to be furnished in employment history?

Appreciate your time reading this, and kudos if you do respond ;)

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Looking for any kind soul to reply.

I am waiting for OINP (HCP) to start issuing NOI, as I have my IELTS & ECA ready and EE profile created with a 400+ CRS with WorkExp in ICT.
I understand that once a NOI is received, I have 6 months before it becomes invalid.
So, I register in the OINP portal and I have a 14 day clock ticking before I need to submit the documents required.
During the conclusion of my submission, I pay CAD 1500 for my application package (irrespective of the number of dependants) and also order a duplicate copy of my ECA report to be sent to OINP.

Correct me if I got any of the above wrong.

Now, onto my question :
What are the docs that are required for submission. I went through the Application Guide here "http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf"
but I would love to hear from someone list out the docs that I need to keep ready as soon as a NOI is received.

I will list down what all I need (including the docs), so please add or correct as required.
  • Express Entry Profile Number, Job Seeker Validation Number and Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score in Express Entry
  • Marriage certificate? (If married) - Not mandatory, but I personally recommend.
  • ECA details - And ECA Report. Education documents (diploma, transcripts and translations) aren´t mandatory but won´t hurt. If your ECA was from WES, you must order a duplicate to OINP at your WES dashboard
  • IELTS TRF details - And IELTS TRF, for both main and spouse
  • Scanned Photograph as per mentioned dimensions
  • All pages of the passport (including blank pages)
  • Birth certificate? - What happens if I don't have one (I have my SSLC Std10 & HSC Std12 certificate which is commonly used in India as part of DOB proof) Do I still need some additional notarisation if I submit my School certificate as proof? - I am not from India, so I don´t know what can properly replace a birth certificate. But whatever you show, place a LOE explaining the situation.
  • Resume - How detailed should it be? As aligned as possible to the NOC that you are applying to? Do we have a page-limit or a recommended number of pages for this document? - Just adapt to the Canadian standard. You should find a template with a little googling. Canadian resumés must be as brief as possible, two, three pages at most. Try to stick your resumé as much as possible with your current NOC, specially your last or current work experience
  • Employment Reference Letter - The details required (such as # of hours per week & salary) will not be provided in the same manner from my Employer. So do we have an alternative (I read somewhere that we can get a reference letter from the reporting manager/supervisor indicating the required details with a copy of his/her ID card and get the letter notarised - Would this suffice?) - Your supervisor can sign the reference letter, seize the opportunity to do so as per immigration standard
  • Work Contracts (I am assuming this to be what we call the OFFER letter) If my last 10 years of work experience belongs to one organization, would that particular offer letter received 10 years ago would be sufficient? - If you had only one job in the last 10 years, yes
  • Proof of compensation - Now this is my tricky one. Since my WorkExp is in one organization for the last 10 years, would the first pay-stub and the latest pay-stub be sufficient? What is meant by each work experience - does role change count in this within the organization? If I submit IT documents, will the first year and the last year be sufficient? Or the easiest would be to provide my bank statement indicating salary deposit in Year 1 and Year 10 since I have held the same account for salary deposits. Suggestions welcome! - As per OINP Guide, the company can explain why such documents can´t be readily provided. For MY experiences, I provided first and last pay stub for one experience, and first and last three for current. In my reference letters, my supervisors declared that they couldn´t retrieve pay stubs beyond the last six months. Other suitable supporting documents are income tax return statements/documents, I provided my last two income tax return receipts. This should be enough.
  • Settlement Funds ( This can be bank statement of the last 6 months / Fixed Deposit / Employee Provident Fund ) If I receive money from parents, I assume a gift deed is required, duly notarised. If my spouse has to show his/her deposit to support my application, which document is required? - As long as funds are in your name, joint with spouse or in spouse´s name, and readily transferable, it´ll be OK. If you show documents in your spouse´s name only, she must show at least a no objection declaration that those funds are for immigration and that she gives you full clearance to use them. The office may require further proof of acess to spouse´s funds, I showed power of attorney public instruments and confirmation that I am her attorney-in-fact from all bank accounts presented in her name. Again, I´m not from India so I have no idea how does appointing an attorney-in-fact works there.
  • Letter of Intent to reside in Ontario
Did I miss out on anything? Whatever listed above was mandatory as far as I read, so please correct me if any of the above is optional or I missed out on a glaring mandatory document.

PS : I have had stints in different countries for a period of time during my employment in the same organization. Where should this be mentioned? Is this even required to be furnished in employment history?
- You will mention those periods in the "personal activity" section.

Appreciate your time reading this, and kudos if you do respond ;)
Remarks are bold after your questions. Other than that, you should be ok. Good luck!

Last edited:

Taparany

Nov 20, 2017
I don't have work contracts, so I submitted my HR letter, pay stubs and bank statements instead.

Is that enough?