+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - HCP - Application Submitted February and March 2018

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
I am also hoping for ONIP, I am creating my EE profile and i have questions, as i am working full time in Ontario as a user support technician, I have 1 year full time experience on my current PGWP and still working in same company, So creating EE profile should i select the answer 'yes' to question if i have valid job offer or 'no' as i do not have LMIA?
Thanks in advance!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I am also hoping for ONIP, I am creating my EE profile and i have questions, as i am working full time in Ontario as a user support technician, I have 1 year full time experience on my current PGWP and still working in same company, So creating EE profile should i select the answer 'yes' to question if i have valid job offer or 'no' as i do not have LMIA?
Thanks in advance!
PGWP are OWP. So unless you dont have a +ve LMIA for it, you cannot unfortunately, say yes that you have a valid job offer.

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
PGWP are OWP. So unless you dont have a +ve LMIA for it, you cannot unfortunately, say yes that you have a valid job offer.
thank you for your response, So the answer will be no. Another question as i am working for same job for almost 2 years, i started as my co-op and then part time during study. As i finished college in April 2018 and started working full time, but got diploma awarded in June 2018, so should i put i graduated and become eligible for work in April 2018 or june 2018?
Thanks again,

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
thank you for your response, So the answer will be no. Another question as i am working for same job for almost 2 years, i started as my co-op and then part time during study. As i finished college in April 2018 and started working full time, but got diploma awarded in June 2018, so should i put i graduated and become eligible for work in April 2018 or june 2018?
Thanks again,
You can claim work experience from the day you applied for PGWP.
Under old rules, you could work for 3 months post-graduation, but since 2017 that is no longer valid

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
ohh, i mentioned incorrect year i graduated last year 2017 and i applied the work permit in june 2017 and got in august, so still, it has been already a year by the end of August 2018, I was concerning if that makes a difference like mentioning the date of graduation(become eligible to apply work permit) or finishing the course. So i am eligible for ONIP HCP correct?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
ohh, i mentioned incorrect year i graduated last year 2017 and i applied the work permit in june 2017 and got in august, so still, it has been already a year by the end of August 2018, I was concerning if that makes a difference like mentioning the date of graduation(become eligible to apply work permit) or finishing the course. So i am eligible for ONIP HCP correct?
You are completing the EE profile here... OINP will shortlist from the active EE profile. What everyone is unsure about what is the criteria OINP selects candidates on. Not sure if I have answered your question..

IND_CAD

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
I have a question regarding the requirements for the job offer under human capital priorities stream (HCP) by Ontario Nomination Program.

Recently, Ontario has been sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) ~ 970 NOIs as of August 9th~ to only those who have a job offer in Ontario.
What does it mean "Targeted Job offer " ??

People who has a job offer with "LMIA " or Closed Work permit, because when we create EE profile we have to select "NO" for "Do you have a valid job offer" question ?

Even though in their website, job offer is not mandatory under the HCP stream, but it's a way to filter applicants, which I find reasonably and economically wise BUT ...... there doesn't seem to be any information regarding the requirements of those targeted job offers.

- Do Ontario Job offers/ Employers of those applicants selected under HCP category have to have any requirements? Level? NOC?

Thanks

tuna1994

Aug 20, 2017
Has anyone had their status saying "waiting for information". mine is like that for 3 weeks now(submitted on 5. May).I haven't been requested any additional information and my employer didn't receive any requests?

chowdary@siva123

Jan 23, 2020
Hi all,
I am starting this thread to discuss the timelines, status updates and other details regarding folks who submitted ONIP Tech application in January 2020.
I submitted my application on January 18th .
Kindly share your timeline and Status recent months