+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Pre-screening 2015/2016 Applicant Timeline

Mafelicos

Nov 3, 2016
One question that came to my mind is to success rate of Pre-Screen applications. I've read lots of cases of infinite processing times but no one has commented on a refused application. Is there a reason to think of the pre-screen app as a matter of 'when' and not 'if'?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mafelicos said:
One question that came to my mind is to success rate of Pre-Screen applications. I've read lots of cases of infinite processing times but no one has commented on a refused application. Is there a reason to think of the pre-screen app as a matter of 'when' and not 'if'?
As long as your employer satisfy the conditions for the pre-screen requirements they won't reject the application.
Sometimes they might ask extra information to validate, sometimes they contact employer whether they are still supporting the employee.

Sunny^^

Oct 8, 2016
Hi. Guys !! I got a new today !
My company pre screen app got passed today !
People applied around Feb 2016. Get ready for the letter. :)

Mafelicos

Nov 3, 2016
Sunny^^ said:
Hi. Guys !! I got a new today !
My company pre screen app got passed today !
People applied around Feb 2016. Get ready for the letter. :)
Congratulations Sunny!

I just think that OINP is not that linear in processing applications. I sent my pre screen in November 2015 and still no answer.

Sunny^^

Oct 8, 2016
Mafelicos said:
Congratulations Sunny!

I just think that OINP is not that linear in processing applications. I sent my pre screen in November 2015 and still no answer.

It sucks... I had been frustrating too...

When did you cantact to them? Good luck though...

Sunny^^

Oct 8, 2016
I have a question guys. My lawyer office just sent a simple content that my company pre screen app got approved not the formal approval letter from the PNP office asking the lawyer fee for the next step. And I asked if they could send me the formal one so that i can check. But they seem don't wanna show it until i pay.
Do you guys know what they're worried about?

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Sunny^^ said:
I have a question guys. My lawyer office just sent a simple content that my company pre screen app got approved not the formal approval letter from the PNP office asking the lawyer fee for the next step. And I asked if they could send me the formal one so that i can check. But they seem don't wanna show it until i pay.
Do you guys know what they're worried about?
Well the first question would be: what was the contract that you signed with them entail? Are you only getting them to do the job pre-screening or are they filing your application in it's entirety (Pre-screening, Nomination and PR)?

The second question is: did you pay them fully for the job pre-screening?

Are you asking for a copy of the employer Pre-screen Approval letter?

If they are only doing your job pre-screening and you haven't paid them fully for it, or if they are doing your nomination application too then it might be understandable why they are skeptical. If you get a copy of that letter you can proceed with the rest of the application without paying them. If you are concerned whether or not it's legit, I would recommend paying them a visit to take a look at the letter first before proceeding.

T_Singh

Mar 3, 2016
Got employer Pre-screening approved and applied for nomination

Here is My Timeline (International student with job offer)
Graduation : Aug 15, 2014
Ontario Pre Screening Application submitted : Jan 25, 2016
AOR for pre-Screening : Feb 25, 2016
Employer got call on Oct 13,2016
Document request: Nov 2, 2016
Pre Screening Approved: Dec 30, 2016
Ontario Nomination Application submitted: Feb 8, 2017
AOR for Ontario Nomination: waiting...

Sunny^^

Oct 8, 2016
moelaghil said:
Well the first question would be: what was the contract that you signed with them entail? Are you only getting them to do the job pre-screening or are they filing your application in it's entirety (Pre-screening, Nomination and PR)?

The second question is: did you pay them fully for the job pre-screening?

Are you asking for a copy of the employer Pre-screen Approval letter?

If they are only doing your job pre-screening and you haven't paid them fully for it, or if they are doing your nomination application too then it might be understandable why they are skeptical. If you get a copy of that letter you can proceed with the rest of the application without paying them. If you are concerned whether or not it's legit, I would recommend paying them a visit to take a look at the letter first before proceeding.
My boss has sighned on the fully contract ( until the end). And I also think they're worried about proceeding with another law office or doing myself without them?
But I can't visit them because I'm living in another country now....

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Sunny^^ said:
My boss has sighned on the fully contract ( until the end). And I also think they're worried about proceeding with another law office or doing myself without them?
But I can't visit them because I'm living in another country now....
So the company is paying all of the legal fees, usually the contract will outline when the payments should be made. Perhaps they are in the right and they need to payment to proceed with the nomination application. Again it should be something the legal team from your company or your boss should handle. It's hard to give advice without knowing the details of the contract, employment or the communication you and your boss had with the law firm.

If your company trusts the law firm then get them to process the fees in order for you application to move forward. You really don't want any more delays as this immigration stream is extremely long and exhausting.

Mafelicos said:
Pre-Screen submitted: November 2015
Pre-Screen approved: February 10 2017
Congratulations Mafelicos!

Mafelicos

Nov 3, 2016
Thank you Moelaghil and Sunny!

Based on what I'm seeing here, is it correct to assume the nominee application processing time is around 3 months?

Sunny^^

Oct 8, 2016
moelaghil said:
So the company is paying all of the legal fees, usually the contract will outline when the payments should be made. Perhaps they are in the right and they need to payment to proceed with the nomination application. Again it should be something the legal team from your company or your boss should handle. It's hard to give advice without knowing the details of the contract, employment or the communication you and your boss had with the law firm.

If your company trusts the law firm then get them to process the fees in order for you application to move forward. You really don't want any more delays as this immigration stream is extremely long and exhausting.

Congratulations Mafelicos!
Yes. No much time and i'm already exhausted for waiting long so just trust them maybe.
Thanks for your advice.✌

Sunny^^

Oct 8, 2016
Hi. Guys. When you are on the second stage( nominee)
How did you decide the wage? Did you make the wage higher than the median wage noticed by job bank?
( i thinks so, but i have to talk to my boss and wonder if he says 'yes')
How much wage is safe on the basis of the median wage by job bank?