+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP employer job offer stream 2017

ruic3429

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Guys, according to this http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html
we can expect 2-3 month on average before nomination. It's only been less then 3 weeks since they closed the stream for registration.

Anyway, even 2-3 month is a huge improvement from an old system, where only pre-screening could easily take 10 months.
I guess that we have to wait for them to finish assessment for all applicants under this stream and figure out how many nominations to issue for this year (They have 6000 nominations limit though)

From what I know, applicants under HCP stream receive nominations in 2 week on average after submitting applications. I assume that our stream should be fast too.

Btw, that link also shows that processing time for HCP stream is 60-90 days. So...wait now

Reactions: JJang

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I guess that we have to wait for them to finish assessment for all applicants under this stream and figure out how many nominations to issue for this year (They have 6000 nominations limit though)

From what I know, applicants under HCP stream receive nominations in 2 week on average after submitting applications. I assume that our stream should be fast too.

Btw, that link also shows that processing time for HCP stream is 60-90 days. So...wait now
Agree, our applications are at final stage. I don't think it should take longer to give there decision.

I am looking for end of this month to receive decision. And we will be hitting 60 days benchmark too.

bsht

Jun 8, 2016

New
It would be interesting to know, how many people applied for our stream (and how many nominations issued) in 2016.
I actually don't think that that number would be large (especially for foreign worker ones). The only people who go through this stream are the ones who have no chance of getting into Express pool for whatever reason and there are not many of those who have a work permit or employment offer from a large, established company

bsht

Jun 8, 2016

New
It would be interesting to know, how many people applied for our stream (and how many nominations issued) in 2016.
I actually don't think that that number would be large (especially for foreign worker ones). The only people who go through this stream are the ones who have no chance of getting into Express pool for whatever reason and there are not many of those who have a work permit or employment offer from a large, established company

Reactions: mpreetsingh

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Agree.
New

ruic3429

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
New
That is true. But keep in mind that this stream was paused in May 2016 and reopened 13 months later. I can't imagine how many people graduated during that time with job offers are wating to be nominated.
For myself, the reason I applied to this stream is that I don't have 1 year work expereince after graduation. A friend of mine, who is in his 11th month of work, is just preparing to create EE profile by the end of this month. So he would definately not apply through the job offer stream.
It is funny that I thought I could apply through EE and took IELTS test. Now the test result is not useful anymore lol

Reactions: APD

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
That is true. But keep in mind that this stream was paused in May 2016 and reopened 13 months later. I can't imagine how many people graduated during that time with job offers are wating to be nominated.
For myself, the reason I applied to this stream is that I don't have 1 year work expereince after graduation. A friend of mine, who is in his 11th month of work, is just preparing to create EE profile by the end of this month. So he would definately not apply through the job offer stream.
It is funny that I thought I could apply through EE and took IELTS test. Now the test result is not useful anymore lol
That might be the reason for delay.

If they are still working on application from last year, the process will take around 2-3 month.

bsht

Jun 8, 2016
That might be the reason for delay.

If they are still working on application from last year, the process will take around 2-3 month.
Also, remember that intake pause applied only for pre-screening stage. If the company was already pre-screened (like universities, or many companies that employ foreign workers on regular basis), people could apply immediately, without any delay in processing.

Anyway, I don't know how to find the statistics and backlog information. If anyone does, please share.

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
A
At the beggining of the year my company emailed OINP regarding the opening the stream.
They replied to monitor it but that they will first open popular stream.
Meaning that FW isn't popular at all.

I know that is really hard for a company to go thru all the fuss for someone that they don't know

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
A
At the beggining of the year my company emailed OINP regarding the opening the stream.
They replied to monitor it but that they will first open popular stream.
Meaning that FW isn't popular at all.

I know that is really hard for a company to go thru all the fuss for someone that they don't know

JayJK

Nov 13, 2016
Hello, guys.

I have applied OINP International students stream, but I'm still waiting nomination.

My timeline is....

Ontario Pre-Screening Application: Sep 28, 2015
Pre-Screening Approved: May 3, 2017
Ontario Nomination Application filed: May 27, 2017
AOR for Ontario Nomination: Jun 1, 2017
Ontario Nomination Approved: waiting.

- 1 year and 10 months

It is almost 2 years... lol.

Someone has same situation as me?

Reactions: ruic3429

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello, guys.

I have applied OINP International students stream, but I'm still waiting nomination.

My timeline is....

Ontario Pre-Screening Application: Sep 28, 2015
Pre-Screening Approved: May 3, 2017
Ontario Nomination Application filed: May 27, 2017
AOR for Ontario Nomination: Jun 1, 2017
Ontario Nomination Approved: waiting.

- 1 year and 10 months

It is almost 2 years... lol.

Someone has same situation as me?
Bro you are great. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

I applied on Jun 9, 2017 and waiting for nomination within 2 months. lol:D

I wish you get nomination ASAP.