+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : International Student Stream

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hey guys. Did you get any update or response from Ontario for this issue? It's 2023 now and I feel like alot of students that studied in their respective home countries due to the pandemic will just not be able to apply for this stream and that'll cause a lot of headaches.

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hey guys. Did you get any update or response from Ontario for this issue? It's 2023 now and I feel like alot of students that studied in their respective home countries due to the pandemic will just not be able to apply for this stream and that'll cause a lot of headaches.
Hey,

I did a 2 year diploma from Seneca (Fall 2020 - Winter 2022). But due to COVID-19, I had to do 3 semesters from my home country (Hong Kong), remotely and 1 semester in Canada and due to this I don't qualify to apply for the ONIP as it states "more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma or certificate were obtained while lawfully residing and studying in Canada.".

Does anyone think this policy is gonna change any time soon, to allow for remote learning to count toward education requirements in Ontario?

Even the federal express entry system is now allowing programs entirely completed through distance learning; from outside Canada; or through part-time studies count towards Canadian educational credentials.

I hope this changes soon as, I want to apply via ONIP, because I would otherwise be left with only a CEC option.

Oct 26, 2023
Have a question. Under education, it asks for your highest level of education and the note says the program must be two years long.

However, as per the OINP student stream requirements:

So can I select my 1-year certification that was full-time and required a degree as my highest level of education?
Hey,

I am planing to apply through OINP international student stream but I have some questions could you please help me?

1. You must continue to be employed in the approved employment position during the nomination period (i.e. until you receive permanent residence). This means that your terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period. This includes your:
    • employer
    • position title and duties
    • wage
    • hours of work
    • work location
This is the information that I found under the OINP international Student Stream

I hope this message finds you well. I recently reviewed the guidelines for the OINP International Student Stream and have a few questions that I would appreciate your assistance with:

1. Nomination Period Explanation: I'm seeking clarification regarding the "nomination period" mentioned in the OINP guidelines. Could you please provide a detailed explanation? I'm a bit confused about whether this refers to the time until I receive the nomination certificate and notification letter or the time until I receive permanent residence status.

2. Layoff During Non-Express Entry PR Application Processing: In the unfortunate event that my employer lays me off after I have received the nomination certificate and notification letter but before my PR application is processed, do I need to inform your team? And would such a circumstance potentially lead to my PR application being rejected?

3. Changing Employers in Ontario ( incase employer will lay off me): If I were to switch employers and join a new company within Ontario while my PR application is in progress, would I still remain eligible for the PR application under the OINP International Student Stream?