Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
You can still do the medicals and send the document along with other document package. The problem is there won't be a official document from doctor/ physician. So, CIC doesn't look into linking your medicals with your PR package. If CIC requests you for medicals (No matter if you took medicals), you need to ask physician to link the results with your IMM document. That might be a problem.

That being said, there are people who did medicals upfront.
Thanks!. What I don't undestand... on the application package says: "when you receive your assessment notice you will also receive medical forms for yourself (and any dependants).... how could I do the medicals without that forms?
Also, could you clarify "to ask physician to link the results with your IMM document. That might be a problem." What does that mean?
Thanks!

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
It is possible, but on your account if the process takes longer than a year and you need to go through it again.

I'm planning to do it upfront around April/2020. There's even a girl in one other of the threads that has done it, it worked and she got the PR faster.
You can still do the medicals and send the document along with other document package. The problem is there won't be a official document from doctor/ physician. So, CIC doesn't look into linking your medicals with your PR package. If CIC requests you for medicals (No matter if you took medicals), you need to ask physician to link the results with your IMM document. That might be a problem.

That being said, there are people who did medicals upfront.
I read this on another thread, what do you think?

"I want to add that if someone decides to do upfront meds, you should be smart about the timing. You should go for upfront meds soon after AOR but not too soon (around 3-4 months / depends on the current application processing times). The only case when upfront meds can delay your application is when you do your upfront meds, and then within days, you get the Medicals Request from CIC. I have seen this happening to some people, and their applications get delayed because when you go for upfront meds, the DMP assigns a IME specific to you. When CIC issues you an MR, they also assign you a IME. Now when you do your meds, it takes around two weeks to go into the CIC system, and if you get an MR before that, you now have 2 IMEs assigned to you. Now the Visa Officer will have to clear up the mess you made, and it will delay your application."

Another one:
"The problem is that if you don't have the medical request with the IME no, which your medicals need to get linked to on the online system, your medicals go into a "pool" where all medicals without IME are. They then have to manually go and look on this system for your and all dependents medicals and link it up to your IME once they issue it.
I was strongly advised NOT to do upfront meds as this may delay or complicate my case."

Last edited:

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019

"I want to add that if someone decides to do upfront meds, you should be smart about the timing. You should go for upfront meds soon after AOR but not too soon (around 3-4 months / depends on the current application processing times). The only case when upfront meds can delay your application is when you do your upfront meds, and then within days, you get the Medicals Request from CIC. I have seen this happening to some people, and their applications get delayed because when you go for upfront meds, the DMP assigns a IME specific to you. When CIC issues you an MR, they also assign you a IME. Now when you do your meds, it takes around two weeks to go into the CIC system, and if you get an MR before that, you now have 2 IMEs assigned to you. Now the Visa Officer will have to clear up the mess you made, and it will delay your application."

Another one:
"The problem is that if you don't have the medical request with the IME no, which your medicals need to get linked to on the online system, your medicals go into a "pool" where all medicals without IME are. They then have to manually go and look on this system for your and all dependents medicals and link it up to your IME once they issue it.
I was strongly advised NOT to do upfront meds as this may delay or complicate my case."
Hum... it has to be perfect timing then. I'm waiting to see how things start to move when I receive the AOR, my guess is that it won't be so slow because the stream has been closed longer than opened lately. It also depends on the criminal records, which from Brazil are very fast. That's just a guess, speculation...

Reactions: Leo.ca and chivinas

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hum... it has to be perfect timing then. I'm waiting to see how things start to move when I receive the AOR, my guess is that it won't be so slow because the stream has been closed longer than opened lately. It also depends on the criminal records, which from Brazil are very fast. That's just a guess, speculation...
I am anxiously waiting for AOR! I am expecting to have it in February, as I saw on Immitracker that most of the applications received in November 2018 got AOR in February 2019. It seems that this time of the year the process is slower since during other months I saw many applications that got AOR faster.
What is your bet?

Reactions: J20190911

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
Passports? No. We applied in person and they checked our passports and returned them back to us.
oh you are lucky then, may be the process in USA is different, i also applied in person i thought also they would verify and return but heck no, they took it, if the process delays like 3 months or forever how can I be without my passport as I need it sooner for PR process, work permit and other thigns.. that's my worry now :(

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
I am anxiously waiting for AOR! I am expecting to have it in February, as I saw on Immitracker that most of the applications received in November 2018 got AOR in February 2019. It seems that this time of the year the process is slower since during other months I saw many applications that got AOR faster.
What is your bet?
what is AOR ? and when do you get it?

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
Yes, the nomination letter says that you must be work with your current employer. Beyond that, it doesn't seem fair to me to be speculating on that. In my case, as my employer agreed to sponsor me, for a matter of gratitude and loyalty, I feel that I must remain working for them and not make them think that I used them as a trampoline for my PR. I come from a country where people cheat all the time and want to take advantage of everyone, and I came to Canada to try to change that. But that is my feeling...
so what does that mean an employer is sponsoring, does it mean they are paying for your PR and applying for PR on behalf of you?

altaf350

Oct 23, 2017
Thanks!. What I don't undestand... on the application package says: "when you receive your assessment notice you will also receive medical forms for yourself (and any dependants).... how could I do the medicals without that forms?
Also, could you clarify "to ask physician to link the results with your IMM document. That might be a problem." What does that mean?
Thanks!
Yes, as you mentioned, when you receive the Notification of Assessment by mail, you'll receive the IME form along with the particulars of physicians you might want to go (From my understanding). And they'll do the medicals and submit you the copy, and later they'll send an "Electronic copy" to IRCC from physician's end. If it's done like this, your application is updated with medicals automatically (If you link the application to CIC, you might see the updates regularly).

If you go by upfront medicals, physicians can still do medicals. But, they can't send an "Electronic copy" right away. So, If officer assigned to your application takes time in linking manually the hard copy to your application, you're okay. Or else, they'll request medicals via IME or IMM (whatever). By that, you need to visit the physician again and ask them to link the results to the document you received. By doing so, they'll be able to send electronic copy. Mostly physicians won't take time in doing this. It depends.

If the officer assigned to your application is concerned enough to look into the hard copy you attached with upfront, then your application will be fast tracked instead of waiting 1 or 2 months for medicals to update.

altaf350

Oct 23, 2017

Another one:
Yes. I also outlined this condition in my previous reply. It depends on officer assigned to applicant.

Reactions: chivinas

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
so what does that mean an employer is sponsoring, does it mean they are paying for your PR and applying for PR on behalf of you?
No, they don't pay. But the filled the Employer Form with sensitive information, as they gross income, CRA number, etc. In my case, I have a very good relation with my employers, and I don't think it's fair for them to use them simply to have my PR and after doing it leave my work, but as I said, it's something very personal.

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
No, they don't pay. But the filled the Employer Form with sensitive information, as they gross income, CRA number, etc. In my case, I have a very good relation with my employers, and I don't think it's fair for them to use them simply to have my PR and after doing it leave my work, but as I said, it's something very personal.
yes its their will if they agree they will provide all that information and its their reponsibility as well to help in PR for their employee as well i think, yes all the people who applied under OINP FWS would have got their employer form filled, but its our loyality we would need to continue also thats why the time 19 months is so long if we break the relationship during, PR process would be aborted in between

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
what is AOR ? and when do you get it?
Is Acknowledgment Of Receipt, and you get it when an official at CIC opens your package and sent you a notification thay it is complete.

Last edited:

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Yes. I also outlined this condition in my previous reply. It depends on officer assigned to applicant.
Thank you! I would wait for them to ask for the medical tests. I don't want to take a chance to lose time trying to win time. The process is large enough, so one month more or one month less is the same!

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
oh you are lucky then, may be the process in USA is different, i also applied in person i thought also they would verify and return but heck no, they took it, if the process delays like 3 months or forever how can I be without my passport as I need it sooner for PR process, work permit and other things.. that's my worry now :(
Its different for every consulate. Actually the process within India is super smooth and online. Just like passport renewal. We outsiders have a long process. Having said all this, if they can verify your records online successfully, you should be ok. Don't panic. Most likely it will be ok. I got my PCC within a week. But strangely they could not find my wife's records online, and it went into an offline process.

Reactions: kumar143