Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020

Leo.ca

Nov 21, 2019
Toronto
Hey Guys,

Can We make some exams or biometric upfront?

2 Years ago, When I applied to work permit, I made my medical exams upfront and save me some time.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hey Guys,

2 Years ago, When I applied to work permit, I made my medical exams upfront and save me some time.
Problem is medicals are valid for 1 year and PR application can take 15-19 months. CIC wont bother to check your medical until the last step ie after background check is done. So, you run the risk of loosing time and money :). Probably an upfront is not even possible. I dont know.

Reactions: Leo.ca

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Problem is medicals are valid for 1 year and PR application can take 15-19 months. CIC wont bother to check your medical until the last step ie after background check is done. So, you run the risk of loosing time and money :). Probably an upfront is not even possible. I dont know.
Hey Guys,

No, it's not possible until they request for them.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hey Guys,

CIC website states:
After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says you need to give your biometrics and where to go. You then need to make an appointment to give biometrics.

You have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location.

The letter will get to you by mail several weeks after we get your complete application and your payment for the biometrics fee. The timing of your letter depends on various factors including the speed of your postal service.

Medical exams
If you applied through the paper-based process, we’ll tell you when to submit these documents.

Last edited:

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I don't think applicants who got nominated through province under Employer specific stream are eligible for open work permit. They're only eligible for closed or employer specific work permit.
Yes that is what I know from CIC website

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
Hey Guys,

It is possible, but on your account if the process takes longer than a year and you need to go through it again.

I'm planning to do it upfront around April/2020. There's even a girl in one other of the threads that has done it, it worked and she got the PR faster.

Saurin11292

May 1, 2019
Just got nominated ,nomination received yeh yeh yeh!!! Thank God for being so kind.
Is there anything written clearly about employer conditions on your nomination letter ?
TIA

I think employee is only restricted to work in other provinces not for other employees. So he/she can get bridging open work permit once having AOR.

Dec 2, 2019
Those programs could probably be open in January/February, as every year they open starting the year. I would recommend you to enter every day to check (I did that this year till one day, it was opened).
In the meantime, you can start registering on the OINP e-filing portal and gathering all the needed documents so that the day the program is opened; you have everything ready. Once they open the program, you can enter the e-filing portal and reserve a quota, and since then, you will have two weeks to finish the application. If the program closes after you start your application, you will not lose the opportunity to send your solicitude because you already are part of the quota.
Regarding which program, the International Student stream requires that you apply within two years of the date on your degree, diploma or certificate. If you accomplish that, I think that you should refer to that stream.

Thanks a lot for the reply. But when I entered the website to register its not allowing me to register since the program is not yet open. How to find the required docs & can you please let me know how to register as well?

altaf350

Oct 23, 2017
No, it's not possible until they request for them.
You can still do the medicals and send the document along with other document package. The problem is there won't be a official document from doctor/ physician. So, CIC doesn't look into linking your medicals with your PR package. If CIC requests you for medicals (No matter if you took medicals), you need to ask physician to link the results with your IMM document. That might be a problem.

That being said, there are people who did medicals upfront.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Thanks a lot for the reply. But when I entered the website to register its not allowing me to register since the program is not yet open. How to find the required docs & can you please let me know how to register as well?
Select any other of the streams that is open and register your account. After that you will have to withdrawn that aplication, but you still will have your account ready tu submit any other application whenever you want.
https://www.ontarioimmigration.gov.on.ca/oinp_index/resources/app/guest/index.html#!/whoareu

The required documents are here: http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_worker.pdf

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Is there anything written clearly about employer conditions on your nomination letter ?
TIA

I think employee is only restricted to work in other provinces not for other employees. So he/she can get bridging open work permit once having AOR.
Yes, the nomination letter says that you must be work with your current employer. Beyond that, it doesn't seem fair to me to be speculating on that. In my case, as my employer agreed to sponsor me, for a matter of gratitude and loyalty, I feel that I must remain working for them and not make them think that I used them as a trampoline for my PR. I come from a country where people cheat all the time and want to take advantage of everyone, and I came to Canada to try to change that. But that is my feeling...