+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am under process to get Nomination thought Employer Job Offer : foreign worker stream (NOI on 15th Aug 2023) as a current post graduation work permit holder. My question is about work permit extension (mine will expire in Jan 2024) after getting nomination certificate, do I have to apply for new closed work permit using "work permit supportive letter" that I will receive along with nomination certificate in e-mail or I can apply for BOWP after getting AOR for my PR application? please suggest.
Correct, once you get nomination and apply for PR you can apply work permit as well together.
Btw. Your status changed? Or still showing submitted.

Milan64

Sep 13, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
22301 - Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians.
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2023
Correct, once you get nomination and apply for PR you can apply work permit as well together.
Thank you and nope still same submitted, I guess we should receive update few days now as it is already past one month, I will let you know once status change. and yours is the still same as well right?

Milan64

Sep 13, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2023
and question is more or like, do we have choice here to apply for BOWP instead of CLOSE WORK PERMIT?

Milan64

Sep 13, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2023
Yeah same Submitted, I think how I understand is it'll be closed work permit for JOFW and JOIS.
Just to let you know that I just received an e-mail confirmation receipt for salary increment document submission that I did last week in e-mail from OINP. yet status remains the same.

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
My status has just changed from "submitted" to "assessment". It took 45 days to change status.

However, there's something a bit weird - I have the Red Alert Icon just beside my file number, which indicates that the OINP requires additional documentation. If I click on it, I go to the document upload page, with the Red Alert Icon saying "Action Required", but if I click on "show more", a message says that "The OINP has reviewed your application for completeness and determined that it is complete. Your application has now moved forward to the assessment stage." And in the end, there is a button to upload something.

Is this normal? I'm just a bit puzzled on what is actually incorrect, the Red Alert Icon, or the message.

My timeline so far:
Invited - 15/08/23
Submitted - 22/08/23
Assessment - 06/10/23

Screenshot of the weird message with the "action required" alert and the "no action required" message:

Last edited:

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022
My status has just changed from "submitted" to "assessment". It took 45 days to change status.

However, there's something a bit weird - I have the Red Alert Icon just beside my file number, which indicates that the OINP requires additional documentation. If I click on it, I go to the document upload page, with the Red Alert Icon saying "Action Required", but if I click on "show more", a message says that "The OINP has reviewed your application for completeness and determined that it is complete. Your application has now moved forward to the assessment stage." And in the end, there is a button to upload something.

Is this normal? I'm just a bit puzzled on what is actually incorrect, the Red Alert Icon, or the message.

My timeline so far:
Invited - 15/08/23
Submitted - 22/08/23
Assessment - 06/10/23

Screenshot of the weird message with the "action required" alert and the "no action required" message:

Which stream? You can send them email for clarification.

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Just to confirm, my application has switched from the Red Alert icon to a blue document icon, confirming that all documents are in order. If your application has the Red Alert Icon but the message says you're all good, then you're actually all good.

Reactions: Milan64

Milan64

Sep 13, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2023
I just see an update for my JOFW file, status changed to assessment:

NOI: 15th Aug 2023
Submitted: 23rd Aug 2023
Assessment: 10th Oct 2023

Last edited:

Setsuna

Jul 1, 2023
Hello everyone, I have 1 question? If we have OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream Nomination letter, when opening PR application, do we need to submit languages test? When I read IRCC website, they mention only about applicant with TEER 4 & 5 will need to submit language test, what about TEER 0,1,2,3?

DEtoCA

Jan 1, 2023
@

My timeline so far:
Invited - 15/08/23
Submitted - 22/08/23
Assessment - 06/10/23

Hi @mig_akira Do you have any update on your application after it went into assessment ?

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
@

Hi @mig_akira Do you have any update on your application after it went into assessment ?
Hi there, unfortunately not yet! Since the processing time of the entire application is estimated around 90-120 days, and my initial submission was in Aug 22nd, I'm expecting to hear something around Nov 20th and Dec 20th!