Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Hi all,

Someone can help me with this letter?

I have a student visa valid until 2023 and I was nominated last week through the OINP: Job offer Foreign Worker Stream, and I applied to my WP on Saturday and yesterday December 2nd I applied through the web form, requesting if I could work while I I wait for my WP and they answered me exactly that:

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number --- as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March, 31 2020 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186 (u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

My question is, can I start working at 40 hours or would the conditions be 20 hours a week just like my old WP?
Second question, can I continue studying until I receive my WP or should I stop the course immediately?

Can anyone tell me? I am trying to contact the IRCC, but without success.

Thank you :)
I have the same question. I enquired about it for my husband and the response is the same as u received. So we consulted the lawyer and he said as my husband held a study permit he cannot work full time so he can work only 20 hours a week. If you receive a better answer please let us know. We are waiting to apply for work permit by next week.

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hey everyone...

Goood newwws

I opened CIC website and yesterday was 52% and today..... wait for it..... 100% complete

but....

I didn't receive any email, call, or anything...

It's just showing up: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)...now, what will be the next step? :oops:

Congratz Leo,
I have a small question..
Did you do your medical exam upfront?
I'm thinking about doing my one now and add in my application as Webform.

Reactions: Leo.ca

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Hey everyone...

Goood newwws

I opened CIC website and yesterday was 52% and today..... wait for it..... 100% complete

but....

I didn't receive any email, call, or anything...

It's just showing up: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)...now, what will be the next step? :oops:

Congratulations you should get an update in your portal soon

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
I have just got an ADR , my status changed to awaiting information submission , I have been copied in the Email sent to my Employer asking him to submit proof of gross annual income and canada revenue agency statement.

Reactions: gollum12