+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker stream

ielts_learn

Jan 5, 2018
Oops . I am sorry , i was wrong. You require an LMIA . Please read Page 14 of the below attached PDF file.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_worker.pdf
As per page#18
Note: The OINP requires a copy of the positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued to your employer if you are currently employed or will be employed in Ontario on a work permit supported by an LMIA. The LMIA must be for the same NOC occupation as the position being offered to you.

My understanding is that, if they are applying a work permit, then LMIA is required.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
As per page#18
Note: The OINP requires a copy of the positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued to your employer if you are currently employed or will be employed in Ontario on a work permit supported by an LMIA. The LMIA must be for the same NOC occupation as the position being offered to you.

My understanding is that, if they are applying a work permit, then LMIA is required.
Yes, LMIA is only required if you are on a work permit or going to be on a work permit. Having LMIA on a work permit just helps to get a PR at a later stage.

niraj11122

Aug 28, 2018
i don't know about that much but i applied from India for employer job offer foreign worker stream & get lmia letter already

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I am in a similar situation where my employer is sending me to Canada on an Specialized knowledge Intra company Work Permit. The job will be for an year and after that my company will helping me in getting the PR.

For PR, the most obvious option that suits me is, to go with the OINP Foreign worker stream. So after completing 1 year on ICT, does the company needs to show LMIA?