+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

piyushpth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Anyone from TCS who received OINP nomination or in process of doing that? How did you manage to get the reference letter?

weetee

Feb 10, 2022
Hi everyone, I need a suggestion for OINP.

I am currently sitting at 470 CRS, Education Assessment: 'Masters degree' and 4 years 'Bachelor degree' both assessed by IQAS in a single evaluation report. I am thinking of decreasing my score to 460s to pass OINP eligibility.

Is it safe to change my education in the EE portal from 'Masters' to 'Two or more degrees'?
Anyone who has successfully tried this?
I may have an odd solution for you that happened to me. I too am eligible for a CRS of 470 with the perfect IELTS score, however, I missed a CRS of 470 because I got 7.5 in Reading instead of 8. This made me get a CRS of 467 in turn being eligible for OINP.

I submitted my Express Entry profile anyway and was in the process of re-writing IELTS when I received NOI. So why don't you try to retake IELTS to get the desired score?
Also if you are above 30 and have a birthday coming up your score will reduce by 5 which will still make you eligible.

Reactions: Harrrry and Here4PR

Harrrry

Feb 4, 2022
I may have an odd solution for you that happened to me. I too am eligible for a CRS of 470 with the perfect IELTS score, however, I missed a CRS of 470 because I got 7.5 in Reading instead of 8. This made me get a CRS of 467 in turn being eligible for OINP.

I submitted my Express Entry profile anyway and was in the process of re-writing IELTS when I received NOI. So why don't you try to retake IELTS to get the desired score?
Also if you are above 30 and have a birthday coming up your score will reduce by 5 which will still make you eligible.
Thanks! That's what I'm thinking. I filed Writing EOR hoping that I'd get a 0.5 bump and my score will be 467, instead got a 1 band increment. Can't decide it's a stroke of good luck or bad luck

yogi404

Feb 10, 2022
Hi,

I currently have a work permit from BC and working in Vancouver and have an application open in express entry pool Received a Notification of Interest message to apply through OINP. While entering details for Work History under Human Capital Stream, i came across a question "Were you issued a valid work permit for this job in Ontario? ".

For this, my work permit was issues in British Columbia so naturally my answer is No. But there is another message that appears for this, "Please note that the OINP will only consider work experience legally obtained in Canada.".

So should go ahead and have it as Yes? and ignore the question mentions Ontario or go with No considering the work permit is in British Columbia.

Please provide guidance on this.

Hope_2021

May 30, 2020
hi, while submitting the application is it mandatory to have annual salary package in the company reference letter if you are attaching 6months payslips?

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hi,

I currently have a work permit from BC and working in Vancouver and have an application open in express entry pool Received a Notification of Interest message to apply through OINP. While entering details for Work History under Human Capital Stream, i came across a question "Were you issued a valid work permit for this job in Ontario? ".

For this, my work permit was issues in British Columbia so naturally my answer is No. But there is another message that appears for this, "Please note that the OINP will only consider work experience legally obtained in Canada.".

So should go ahead and have it as Yes? and ignore the question mentions Ontario or go with No considering the work permit is in British Columbia.

Please provide guidance on this.
You should go with 'No'.

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi guys, do you know how old the PoF can be? I'm in the process of gathering the documents and I'm mostly waiting for a reference letter from my current employer. That might take a week or two and I do not know if I should ask my bank for PoF documents because by the time of submission those could be 2-3 weeks old. Is that ok?

Last edited:

yashcan

Dec 23, 2015
Hello here,
I have a CRS score of 471 and have the NOC ELIGIBLE for the latest Ontario pnp draw. However I didn’t receive an invitation. Can someone explain why I didn’t receive an invite?
Thank you

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hello here,
I have a CRS score of 471 and have the NOC ELIGIBLE for the latest Ontario pnp draw. However I didn’t receive an invitation. Can someone explain why I didn’t receive an invite?
Thank you
This might help and clarify many:

On February 22, 2022, the OINP issued notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.

The OINP targeted candidates with a comprehensive ranking system score between 455 and 600 and whose IRCC profiles were created between February 22, 2021 and April 29, 2021.

Check : Website OINP EOI

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello here,
Thank you
Did you create your profile between February and April 2021? If so, wait 24 hours.