+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
MS and PHD already closed. I think, we better look forward for next year. Most probably our NOI will go waste....... why they are not updating the remaining nominations?
People were quite fast today for Master stream. It is closed within a couple of hours of opening. PhD stream is still open though.

ShailenderAmar

Jul 27, 2017
People were quite fast today for Master stream. It is closed within a couple of hours of opening. PhD stream is still open though.
Or OINP might have reserved a few like around 300 nominations for HCP as well as it seems quite strange that they get all their reserved approx 600 registrations in just 2 hours or so ... they might have decided to open half of the total left nominations for MS and PHD and rest chance would be given to NOI issued under HCP ...

Reactions: M DEV

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Or OINP might have reserved a few like around 300 nominations for HCP as well as it seems quite strange that they get all their reserved approx 600 registrations in just 2 hours or so ... they might have decided to open half of the total left nominations for MS and PHD and rest chance would be given to NOI issued under HCP ...
Picture will be clear when they will post the latest Nominations left figures.

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
Picture will be clear when they will post the latest Nominations left figures.

Hi anwar01, thanks for your views.
Wanted to ask you that since It's clear now that they had nominations quota left all this time yet they held up issuance of nominations to all those waiting since mid - September. Why??
They opened masters stream today and within an hour or so closed it again.
It seems that they want to use their left over quota for other streams and not HCP, even though many applicants are waiting at DIP stage.

Do you think they have enough quota left to accommodate all HCP applicants - waiting and new registrations they are taking under other streams?

I posted this same query to BillHyatt in some other thread.....waiting for his feedback.....

jefflying

Jun 10, 2017
does anyone can log into OINP register website? page does not change after clicking the blue continue button.Thanks in advance

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
Hello ,
Are we still having any hopes to be nominated?
submitted 11,july
DIP August, 10
procedural fairness request: september, 29
I have replied to the PFL in october, 2
still no response.
If anyone with PFL in September got nominated then please let us know.
Best Regards,

Hi, @erridja100, an applicant in our watsapp group got nominated yesterday who was issued a PFL, the timeline is below

Submitted July 9th, Dip Aug 17th, PFL 29th Sep, response submitted Oct 4th, Nominated Oct 11th

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
594 nominations left
As I expected, HCP is OINP's chariot. The other streams combined can't pull that many people. We might have a (very) brief HCP reopening next month. It'll last as long as this Master's stream, though, if not less.

tiagaoxavier

Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys,

I would like to share one concern with you.

I am graduated in Electrical Engineering, but I worked as a Telecommunications Engineer my entire professional life. In Brazil, when you graduate in Electrical Engineering, you can work with Telecommunications, Control and Automation, Electronics or Electrical Power Generation and Distribution. This is regulated by the Engineering Council.

My concern about this topic is that Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications Engineering are under two different NOCs: 2133 for Electrical Engineering and 2147 for Computer Engineering (which includes Telecommunications Engineering).

To be eligible for Express Entry, I had to enter my Bachelor NOC as 2174, which is fits the electives I chose to take at the University and which is related with I have always done in my professional life.

However, when I get nominated, my Bachelor Certificate will say Electrical Engineering, and not Computer or Telecommunications Engineer. Do you think I could have a problem? Thanks for your help!

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Hey guys,

I would like to share one concern with you.

I am graduated in Electrical Engineering, but I worked as a Telecommunications Engineer my entire professional life. In Brazil, when you graduate in Electrical Engineering, you can work with Telecommunications, Control and Automation, Electronics or Electrical Power Generation and Distribution. This is regulated by the Engineering Council.

My concern about this topic is that Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications Engineering are under two different NOCs: 2133 for Electrical Engineering and 2147 for Computer Engineering (which includes Telecommunications Engineering).

To be eligible for Express Entry, I had to enter my Bachelor NOC as 2174, which is fits the electives I chose to take at the University and which is related with I have always done in my professional life.

However, when I get nominated, my Bachelor Certificate will say Electrical Engineering, and not Computer or Telecommunications Engineer. Do you think I could have a problem? Thanks for your help!
Not at all, because the occupation you do (2174) isn't regulated - at least not in Ontario (Saskatchewan already regulates IT occupations lol). You'll need validation to work in your regulated field (electrical engineering), just as you have to do here in Brazil.

And EE doesn't demand your occupation to be related to your education, so you're good.

Reactions: tiagaoxavier

tiagaoxavier

Jul 26, 2017
Not at all, because the occupation you do (2174) isn't regulated - at least not in Ontario (Saskatchewan already regulates IT occupations lol). You'll need validation to work in your regulated field (electrical engineering), just as you have to do here in Brazil.

And EE doesn't demand your occupation to be related to your education, so you're good.
Thank you Joao!

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Wanted to ask you that since It's clear now that they had nominations quota left all this time yet they held up issuance of nominations to all those waiting since mid - September. Why?? I did not see that they held Nominations, every week I am seeing candidates are getting Nominated, I think this week I saw 3 or 4 candidates on forum who got Nomination. Yes I Agree, Processing time has been increased substantially since August 2017 but nobody knows why. One Possible reason is backlog but again all we can do is speculate, until OINP tells us the reason itself.
It seems that they want to use their left over quota for other streams and not HCP, even though many applicants are waiting at DIP stage. There is a reason for not opening HCP, You might remember the week of 26th June 2017 when NOI were given to ICT candidates with less then 400 CRS. This was a pleasant surprise for such candidates and they applied without any delay. This caused a surge of application which they have mentioned in their update page too! It caused OINP portal to break down for a couple of days. These high number of applications consumed all quota for HCP as well as caused Backlog.

Do you think they have enough quota left to accommodate all HCP applicants - waiting and new registrations they are taking under other streams? As you know there are 8 different streams under OINP, so they have to allocate quota to all of them. If they opened MS & PhD stream, they might have some Nomination quota left for these streams. But again, its a speculation, no solid data available anywhere how much quota is given to these 8 streams out of 6000. But one thing is sure, HCP is the most popular one and it would be consuming the big Chunk of Quota.

I posted this same query to BillHyatt in some other thread.....waiting for his feedback.....

Reactions: JingleBells

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
Wanted to ask you that since It's clear now that they had nominations quota left all this time yet they held up issuance of nominations to all those waiting since mid - September. Why?? I did not see that they held Nominations, every week I am seeing candidates are getting Nominated, I think this week I saw 3 or 4 candidates on forum who got Nomination. Yes I Agree, Processing time has been increased substantially since August 2017 but nobody knows why. One Possible reason is backlog but again all we can do is speculate, until OINP tells us the reason itself.
It seems that they want to use their left over quota for other streams and not HCP, even though many applicants are waiting at DIP stage. There is a reason for not opening HCP, You might remember the week of 26th June 2017 when NOI were given to ICT candidates with less then 400 CRS. This was a pleasant surprise for such candidates and they applied without any delay. This caused a surge of application which they have mentioned in their update page too! It caused OINP portal to break down for a couple of days. These high number of applications consumed all quota for HCP as well as caused Backlog.

Do you think they have enough quota left to accommodate all HCP applicants - waiting and new registrations they are taking under other streams? As you know there are 8 different streams under OINP, so they have to allocate quota to all of them. If they opened MS & PhD stream, they might have some Nomination quota left for these streams. But again, its a speculation, no solid data available anywhere how much quota is given to these 8 streams out of 6000. But one thing is sure, HCP is the most popular one and it would be consuming the big Chunk of Quota.

Thanks for your reply. All the best

switzerland123

Aug 20, 2017
Dear Shruti Sanjay Sindhal,

Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) under the Express Entry Stream.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program has assessed your Express Entry application to a positive decision. The Program is attempting to issue you a nomination through the Express Entry portal.

Your Express Entry profile E000813963 and Job Seeker Validation Code 3142 indicates a status of ‘no longer available for nomination’ in the Express Entry system. A status of “no longer available for nomination” means that the OINP is unable to issue you a nomination through the Express Entry system.

Please confirm within 24 hours, or as soon as possible, if you wish to accept Ontario’s nomination. If yes, you will be required to provide the from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter issued to you regarding your current or new Express Entry profile and 4 digit job seeker validation code.

The letter begins with the phrase “Thank you for submitting your Express Entry profile” and confirms both your Express Entry number and Job Seeker Validation Code. Please provide a copy of that letter.

If you have accepted an invitation to apply or another nomination, please notify us if you wish to withdraw you application to the OINP.

You can respond to this letter by reply email.

Please note that application fees are non-refundable if the OINP has already begun processing your application.

Regards,

What should i do in this please help me all the seniors member