+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

ShailenderAmar

Jul 27, 2017
They will not take applications for 2018 during 2017. Probably quotas are renewed in April each year. NOI will still be valid until it expires.
Are you Sure Canada allocates intake quota from April to March every year as I have read somewhere that it's annual system starts from Jan and ends on Dec every year.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Are you Sure Canada allocates intake quota from April to March every year as I have read somewhere that it's annual system starts from Jan and ends on Dec every year.
No I am not sure however I have written their concerned department that still needs to reply. I guess it's not Jan-Dec but I am not sure.

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Yes, I have been keeping a spreadsheet with the date, # issued, # remaining, and change from last update:

Date Issued Remaining Change
6/19/2017 3,103 2,897
7/10/2017 3,515 2,485 412
8/8/2017 4,006 1,994 491
9/11/2017 5,012 988 1,006
This update has simultaneously spooked and relieved me.

They won't issue new HCP NOIs this year. Forget it. They still have applications at DIP, there is surely a big valid HCP NOI backlog and they will want to pick some applications from the other streams, so this confirms BillHyatt's forecast. For people who haven't received a NOI or that the NOI's expired, head towards 2018. For people in my situation with a valid NOI, there might still be a shot to apply, but expect the stream open for applications for hours, a day best case scenario. I still believe that they might reopen the application since the other streams combined can't absorve the remaining quota until the end of the year.

For 2018 candidates (no NOI received/expired NOI), the date to save is february. The stream opened this year 21 february, so this may be the opening for the next window next year.

However, while this spooked me, the relief goes to the EE pool itself. This also means that the PNP amount was big enough to have distorted the CRS math, and this will end soon. Let me explain.

In august 30, there were 247 600+ candidates in the EE pool. Those were probably almost all OINP PNPs, since the last BC PNP only happened the next day and september 6 (last draw's day), and they invited 143 candidates within their EE stream. Other provinces don't take big PNP numbers, since most of them are currently job offer based, and Manitoba's system also doesn't draw that many people, since their system is VERY hard (you must either have close family in the province or be already living there, either by studying or temp working). This means OINP was probably responsible for 300+ PNPs alone last draw, if not more, and this has surely made its contribution to spike the CRS curve.

So a one point hike last draw is actually a good sign for those EE candidates in a borderline situation like mine (I'm expected to rise to 424 by early november). After the OINP frenzy is gone, the CRS cutoff will probably settle down, and we may start having 420-ish cutoffs again. We'll probably have another distortion next draw then, since OINP will probably weigh in another 500 draws in the EE pool alone (and therefore, contribute for another CRS hike). Unless IRCC makes a standalone PNP draw, which could happen. They have already done that twice in EE history.

Anyway, good luck for everyone! You'll reach your goal, if not now, a bit later. Patience is a trait when it comes to immigrate to Canada.

Last edited:

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Reactions: iamxty and dragab

Labina

Sep 10, 2017
Hi
I am an mbbs doctor by profession and I have got ECA. My ielts is 8,8.5, 6.5, 7.5 .... I am looking for provincial nomination. I have 2.5 years of work experience as well from 2012 till 2015 Kindly guide me how can I apply for that and where to look for these provincial nominations. If some one can guide me well thanks

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Can anyone remember the last data figures for Ontario (date it was updated and nominations position) as I haven't recorded them?

Having less than 1000 Nominations remaining and at least 100 still in Assessment or DIP status it seems even if they re-open they will not issue new NOI. The reason is CIC scores have remained above 430 and many candidates in 400-420 range are prepared to apply due to this immediately once its re-opens.
Why do you think they might not reopen to issue fresh NOI for 2018 in Nov.17-Dec.17? My thoughts (might not be in chronological order)

1.Given the cut-off scores falling faster than what it was in 2015 and 2016, they might start a little early if they are done with this year's quota.
2.As reiterated by OINP & CIC, their objective is also to reduce backlogs & processing times so that they can complete their targeted nos. in stipulated time frame.
3.Somewhere, it is also coming out from this year's pattern that they have increased no.of ITA's (until last draw) in the early months to meet their nos. For the balance of 2017, they might not have the same frequency of conducting draws and with lesser ITA's, so that they don't have to drop down their CRS cut-offs.
4.This gives me some hopes that if the cut-off scores do not go much higher in the next 2-3 draws (by end of say Oct.17), OINP might also start issuing NOI early so that their Jan.18 / Feb.18 scores remain high enough.

This is my perspective (highly hopeful for an NOI - sitting at 400 CRS, and thinking of losing another 5 in next July). Request anyone who can, to share their insights - specially @BillHyatt, @trumprefugee and other stalwarts of the forum.

Thanks.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi
I am an mbbs doctor by profession and I have got ECA. My ielts is 8,8.5, 6.5, 7.5 .... I am looking for provincial nomination. I have 2.5 years of work experience as well from 2012 till 2015 Kindly guide me how can I apply for that and where to look for these provincial nominations. If some one can guide me well thanks
You are in a profession that requires licensing in Canada. You can get relevant information on the individual websites of the provinces. Please await answers from others also.

Reactions: iamxty and Labina

Labina

Sep 10, 2017
You are in a profession that requires licensing in Canada. You can get relevant information on the individual websites of the provinces. Please await answers from others also.
Yes I need to get license to practise medicine there . But for EE I don't need the license .

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Yes I need to get license to practise medicine there . But for EE I don't need the license .
Most of the PNPs require Job Offer, otherwise, the common place is Ontario PNP - if your CRS > or = 400 in EE. And, you have to wait and watch.
Since you are in a licensed profession - please check if there are any special windows. I am not aware about it that much. As I said, please wait for some senior faculties to answer here.

Thanks.

Reactions: iamxty and Labina

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Why do you think they might not reopen to issue fresh NOI for 2018 in Nov.17-Dec.17? My thoughts (might not be in chronological order)

1.Given the cut-off scores falling faster than what it was in 2015 and 2016, they might start a little early if they are done with this year's quota.
2.As reiterated by OINP & CIC, their objective is also to reduce backlogs & processing times so that they can complete their targeted nos. in stipulated time frame.
3.Somewhere, it is also coming out from this year's pattern that they have increased no.of ITA's (until last draw) in the early months to meet their nos. For the balance of 2017, they might not have the same frequency of conducting draws and with lesser ITA's, so that they don't have to drop down their CRS cut-offs.
4.This gives me some hopes that if the cut-off scores do not go much higher in the next 2-3 draws (by end of say Oct.17), OINP might also start issuing NOI early so that their Jan.18 / Feb.18 scores remain high enough.

This is my perspective (highly hopeful for an NOI - sitting at 400 CRS, and thinking of losing another 5 in next July). Request anyone who can, to share their insights - specially @BillHyatt, @trumprefugee and other stalwarts of the forum.

Thanks.
It would be nice to see more NOI's soon however it usually doesn't work in that way. Every province is given quota for each year and therefore, they are not allowed to issue PN's more than that level. Next year PN to be opened in 2017 is far from reality as in all previous years we have seen even approved applications deferred to next year due to the quota being utilized.

CIC currently have 6,000 analysts around the world to process around 300,000 applications a year and this excludes other visits, student, super and other visa applications. Although due to recent investment in IT IRCC has been able to save a lot of time in moving file, it still has to be in the queue for a long period of time.

The number of analysts working in PNP is far lower than those in Federal Stream. PM of Canada a few weeks ago have directed IRCC to increase its resources to process applications faster however it will still require time to implement. In addition, recent parliamentary briefing indicates changes will be in place from April 2018, then June 2019, and final implementation plan will be completed by October/November 2020.

It is my prediction that IRCC will try its best to process PNP applications till July 2017 by the end of 2017 and most of 2017 applications by the end of April 2018 before the first phase of the new strategy is implemented. The new average of processing time for July onwards applications are estimated to be 4-5 months as compared to 7-8 months at the moment. However, this fact still needs to be proved by time and if true we should expect July applicants to get PR by the end of November or Mid-December.

Applications before July 2017 use to take on average 90-100 days to get a medical pass and further 90-120 days from Medical Pass to PPR. However, since July 2017 the trend have changed and applicants get a medical pass in 20-25 days (on average 2.5 months earlier) but post medical time is still unknown. I guess it may remain between 90-120 days (3-4 months) but if resources are improved and backlogs are reduced they can bring this time down to 45-60 days.

Finally, I have been told by some experts that the plans (implementation periods discussed above) are to set FSW processing times to 45-60 Days while for PNP applications between 90-120 days.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
It would be nice to see more NOI's soon however it usually doesn't work in that way. Every province is given quota for each year and therefore, they are not allowed to issue PN's more than that level. Next year PN to be opened in 2017 is far from reality as in all previous years we have seen even approved applications deferred to next year due to the quota being utilized.

CIC currently have 6,000 analysts around the world to process around 300,000 applications a year and this excludes other visits, student, super and other visa applications. Although due to recent investment in IT IRCC has been able to save a lot of time in moving file, it still has to be in the queue for a long period of time.

The number of analysts working in PNP is far lower than those in Federal Stream. PM of Canada a few weeks ago have directed IRCC to increase its resources to process applications faster however it will still require time to implement. In addition, recent parliamentary briefing indicates changes will be in place from April 2018, then June 2019, and final implementation plan will be completed by October/November 2020.

It is my prediction that IRCC will try its best to process PNP applications till July 2017 by the end of 2017 and most of 2017 applications by the end of April 2018 before the first phase of the new strategy is implemented. The new average of processing time for July onwards applications are estimated to be 4-5 months as compared to 7-8 months at the moment. However, this fact still needs to be proved by time and if true we should expect July applicants to get PR by the end of November or Mid-December.

Applications before July 2017 use to take on average 90-100 days to get a medical pass and further 90-120 days from Medical Pass to PPR. However, since July 2017 the trend have changed and applicants get a medical pass in 20-25 days (on average 2.5 months earlier) but post medical time is still unknown. I guess it may remain between 90-120 days (3-4 months) but if resources are improved and backlogs are reduced they can bring this time down to 45-60 days.

Finally, I have been told by some experts that the plans (implementation periods discussed above) are to set FSW processing times to 45-60 Days while for PNP applications between 90-120 days.
First of all thank you for taking the time out & the effort to reply.

I agree to your views of allotted quotas of provinces. And hence I would like to feel happy, when we understand that they are done with the quota of 2017 (nominations issued or will be issued for the balance 998 by next few draws - like I said Oct.17 - going by your calc. of 22 per day). However, if I restrict my thoughts to just OINP processes - NOI and nominations (everything after that taken as eventuality), and also given that the team / resource size is smaller for Ontario PNP, I still feel there could be no reason why they shouldn't start early, unless some other factors limit them. Even if the 2017 nominations issued gets spilled over to 1st Qtr of 2018 to translate to PRs - which is CIC's job to look into, what would limit Ontario to issue NOI / nominations in the course or earlier? Again, I am assuming here that by then, their intake quotas for 2018 might have already been decided.

Your inputs are seriously valuable to many like me.

Thanks once again.

Reactions: iamxty

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
First of all thank you for taking the time out & the effort to reply.

I agree to your views of allotted quotas of provinces. And hence I would like to feel happy, when we understand that they are done with the quota of 2017 (nominations issued or will be issued for the balance 998 by next few draws - like I said Oct.17 - going by your calc. of 22 per day). However, if I restrict my thoughts to just OINP processes - NOI and nominations (everything after that taken as eventuality), and also given that the team / resource size is smaller for Ontario PNP, I still feel there could be no reason why they shouldn't start early, unless some other factors limit them. Even if the 2017 nominations issued gets spilled over to 1st Qtr of 2018 to translate to PRs - which is CIC's job to look into, what would limit Ontario to issue NOI / nominations in the course or earlier? Again, I am assuming here that by then, their intake quotas for 2018 might have already been decided.

Your inputs are seriously valuable to many like me.

Thanks once again.
I guess you are thinking that OINP is an independent body then CIC. However, in reality, CIC is the leading body that develops annual plans and not the provinces themselves.

This means if CIC says OINP can issue 9,000 Nominations with 6,000 via Express Entry then OINP have to follow them. So, OINP in no mean can issue nominations for next year or even next year NOI's as you say until next year when Quotas will be renewed by CIC.

I hope this will clear things up.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
I guess you are thinking that OINP is an independent body then CIC. However, in reality, CIC is the leading body that develops annual plans and not the provinces themselves.

This means if CIC says OINP can issue 9,000 Nominations with 6,000 via Express Entry then OINP have to follow them. So, OINP in no mean can issue nominations for next year or even next year NOI's as you say until next year when Quotas will be renewed by CIC.

This helps definitely to clear a lot.

I am now hanging my hopes for an early next year opening of HCP.

Please update once you receive a reply from OINP on the period ( in your query) regrading their timelines followed - whether Apr-Mar or Jan-Dec.

Thanks once again.

Reactions: iamxty

M DEV

May 2, 2017

Hey ...what are your assumptions in relation to the opening of hcp stream in this year.
I m holding an NOI from ontario ..n it ll expire in nov.