+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Mobinu

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Hey guys, a question while we wait for registrations to re-open.

I already applied for a Study Permit, but to study in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I still got no answer, and the answer is expected to come in the middle of October.

Do you think it'll be a problem, if the stream re-opens next week, as I won't have status until (probably) after I got my nomination?
Or do you think they'll see that I have a request for a SP pending on my profile, and then they'll deny my application because of that?

Any recommendation? I was thinking of changing the DLI number for a private college in Ontario, but it'll probably take some time until I got a LoA. And it'll be hard to find any program starting in January/March...

I can understand your problem as I am also going through such a situation but I am just at offer acceptance case. But unfortunately in my point of view u will represent a low intent to reside in ontario as you have already applied for student visa for nova scotia. But still if you dont have financial issue to pay $1500 and if u can show any stronger intent to reside in ontario u can try your luck as it will give u response before u will leave for ur academic session. In the end if u succeeds u can save good amount of university fees.

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
I can understand your problem as I am also going through such a situation but I am just at offer acceptance case. But unfortunately in my point of view u will represent a low intent to reside in ontario as you have already applied for student visa for nova scotia. But still if you dont have financial issue to pay $1500 and if u can show any stronger intent to reside in ontario u can try your luck as it will give u response before u will leave for ur academic session. In the end if u succeeds u can save good amount of university fees.
@Mobinu let me explain to you.
you can't claim u intend living in Ontario and apply for school in Nova Scotia.
this is a conflict of interest. the finances is a separate issue.

@thiagomgd you are chasing two goals;
if you really want OINP you will need to get a school in Ontario such that you don't contradict yourself
But it doesn't seem u av applied for the oinp yet. But if Yes, you Will need to get a school in Ontario because there's a min amt of time you must live in Ontario after receiving your PPR(through OINP) before moving to any other province.

veroneze

Feb 13, 2017
Catalão, GO, Brazil
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
After some time with status showing "Assessment", now my application is in "Waiting for information".
Do you know what this means?

I didn't receive any e-mail asking for documents.

Mobinu

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
@Mobinu let me explain to you.
this is a conflict of interest. the finances is a separate issue.

if you really want OINP you will need to get a school in Ontario such that you don't contradict yourself
But it doesn't seem u av applied for the oinp yet. But if Yes, you Will need to get a school in Ontario because there's a min amt of time you must live in Ontario after receiving your PPR(through OINP) before moving to any other province.

Yes I know it will be conflict of interest if I apply for student visa process but only accepting university offer letter wont conflict :) so I have accepted university offer but waiting for oinp decision.

Reactions: HADDY

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
After some time with status showing "Assessment", now my application is in "Waiting for information".
Do you know what this means?

I didn't receive any e-mail asking for documents.
Have you submitted an IQAS ECA?

If so, they´re waiting for IQAS´s validation.

Since IQAS is a government agency, you don´t need to do anything, just wait. Their ECAs are directly validated by OINP and unlike WES, you don´t need to order a duplicate. I inquired this information:

"OINP staff can contact either of the following IQAS officials to verify the ECA report:

· Jolanta Slaska – A/Director and Assessment Services Manager

· Jeff Stull – Manager of Foreign Credential Recognition Standards"

If that´s not your case, I suggest you send an e-mail to ontarionominee@ontario.ca to clarify if they need anything from you. They take a couple days to answer, but always do.

thiagomgd

Jul 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yeah. I wan't going to submit for the Study Permit, but then, the OINP closed registrations. So, after talking to my wife and my parents, we decided to apply for the SP.

The thing is, I DON'T intend on studying in Nova Scotia if I got an Ontario nomination. In that case, instead, my wife would take English classes in Ontario, while I work. =/

Unfortunately, there's no button to withdraw a request for a Study Permit, because I could just withdraw in case the OINP reopens soon. And I don't know how long it'll take to choose a program in a college in Ontario, to change the DLI. But, actually, it won't be possible for me to study in Ontario, because: 1 - costs way more than NSCC, 2 - couldn't find any short (1 year, full time) program, starting in january/march that seems vaguely interesting. =/

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Yeah. I wan't going to submit for the Study Permit, but then, the OINP closed registrations. So, after talking to my wife and my parents, we decided to apply for the SP.

The thing is, I DON'T intend on studying in Nova Scotia if I got an Ontario nomination. In that case, instead, my wife would take English classes in Ontario, while I work. =/

Unfortunately, there's no button to withdraw a request for a Study Permit, because I could just withdraw in case the OINP reopens soon. And I don't know how long it'll take to choose a program in a college in Ontario, to change the DLI. But, actually, it won't be possible for me to study in Ontario, because: 1 - costs way more than NSCC, 2 - couldn't find any short (1 year, full time) program, starting in january/march that seems vaguely interesting. =/
Search for Lambton college. Their tuition average price is a bit cheaper for two year programs (~11k/year) as an average, because their last term is always co-op and therefore, cheaper. They´re public and therefore, are PGWP eligible. You can get domestic prices after PR, or even flunk, your call.

Of course, don´t expect prime standards. I frequently say that, for few - and expensive - exceptions, canadian colleges are no better than the average brazilian private universities, except with better resources. And as I clearly noticed, the college path in Canada is no more than an immigration launchpad - you´re fooling yourself if you expect anything else.

Either way, good luck!

thiagomgd

Jul 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Search for Lambton college. Their tuition average price is a bit cheaper for two year programs (~11k/year) as an average, because their last term is always co-op and therefore, cheaper. They´re public and therefore, are PGWP eligible. You can get domestic prices after PR, or even flunk, your call.

Of course, don´t expect prime standards. I frequently say that, for few - and expensive - exceptions, canadian colleges are no better than the average brazilian private universities, except with better resources. And as I clearly noticed, the college path in Canada is no more than an immigration launchpad - you´re fooling yourself if you expect anything else.

Either way, good luck!
Thank you very much for your reply!

I'll check it out. And, do you know any private college that has IT programs? Considering how much the CRS is getting lower each draw, the college alone would give me enough points to get an ITA, so PGWP won't be needed anymore.

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017

You can process ur study permit since you are yet to apply for the oinp. they are two different applications.
however, if u get a nomination from oinp u will need to be based in Ontario and you wouldnt need the study permit again.
Also, with ur PR status u will pay as a domestic student.

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017

I'll check it out. And, do you know any private college that has IT programs? Considering how much the CRS is getting lower each draw, the college alone would give me enough points to get an ITA, so PGWP won't be needed anymore.
if u r going thru study route, then college alone won't give u many points (15 points only) and u need the PGWP to get a min of one year work experience for which u will get more scores(up to 65 points) if not more.
the best route is the oinp if u get it. its shorter, faster and more economical

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017

Can´t tell, haven´t searched for private colleges because my goal is SP/OWP -> PGWP -> PR should I take this route (hopefully not if CRS scores keep 420-430ish until early 2018), and for that reason I haven´t searched a single private program.

Many brazilians have searched for Greystone college. Don´t know if they have any IT programs, but their costs are very low - at least their Customer Service program costs under $9000 and lasts two years.

Reactions: thiagomgd

thiagomgd

Jul 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
if u r going thru study route, then college alone won't give u many points (15 points only) and u need the PGWP to get a min of one year work experience for which u will get more scores(up to 65 points) if not more.
the best route is the oinp if u get it. its shorter, faster and more economical
Actually, not. I simulated my points after getting a 1 year certificate IN canada, without job experience (in canada) for both me and my wife. My points were up from 415 to 462 (or 457 because I would've aged after studying for a year)