+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

fahadazh

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Gents,

I dont have the work contracts from my employers. Can someone please shed some light on this requirement? I have salary slips, employer certificate for salary transfer, etc.

Thanks

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Gents,

I dont have the work contracts from my employers. Can someone please shed some light on this requirement? I have salary slips, employer certificate for salary transfer, etc.

Thanks
It can include offer letter given to you before joining your organization. It states work hours, salary and other details regarding your job.

get2rash

May 27, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Hello Peers

I got OINP nomination request yesterday.
I stood at 410 on 10th July when created my profile
and at 400 currently because of DOB to be 11th July

Cheers

vipaldua

May 18, 2017
Hello Friends
I started Phd from a school in US on F1 visa. Since the degree is not completed and is still going on. Since the degree is going on so I do not have WES evaluated ECA for this, I did not mention it in my Express Entry Profile. My CRS score is 405. I got Provincial Nominee letter from Ontario and started filling their form. They are asking for my details of last 10 years. Should I mention that I'm pursuing Phd? If yes, then they are asking if I have an ECA for this. I cannot have ECA because the education is not yet complete. What to do here? Suggestions please!

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
You shouldn't even be active in the pool with no valid ECA certificate if you are planning to apply under the FSW category. How are you in the pool when it asks for an ECA certificate number?

Also you aren't going to qualify for Ontario you need ONE YEAR MINIMUM work experience in an NOC category under 00, A or B as stated on the CIC NOC finder..
He/She might have had ECA done for Masters and also have 1 year work experience. You are assuming he/she has been studying right from bachelors without a break.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Hello Friends
I started Phd from a school in US on F1 visa. Since the degree is not completed and is still going on. Since the degree is going on so I do not have WES evaluated ECA for this, I did not mention it in my Express Entry Profile. My CRS score is 405. I got Provincial Nominee letter from Ontario and started filling their form. They are asking for my details of last 10 years. Should I mention that I'm pursuing Phd? If yes, then they are asking if I have an ECA for this. I cannot have ECA because the education is not yet complete. What to do here? Suggestions please!
You should mention only completed education in EE. While submitting your application write a Letter of Explanation that you are studying phd. Also remember that you should have atleast a years experience in the last 5 years to apply for Ontario.

Reactions: vipaldua

vipaldua

May 18, 2017
You shouldn't even be active in the pool with no valid ECA certificate if you are planning to apply under the FSW category. How are you in the pool when it asks for an ECA certificate number?

Also you aren't going to qualify for Ontario you need ONE YEAR MINIMUM work experience in an NOC category under 00, A or B as stated on the CIC NOC finder..
I have done Master's and have ECA report from WES which says Canadian equivalency is Master's. I do have more than 3 years of experience in NOC category A. Now after a gap of almost 3 years, I started my Phd from a school in US. I'm not sure whether to mention this as my current education or not? If I should mention, it asks me for ECA which I cannot produce because the Phd is still going on. And if I do not mention, then in next section in "Other Activities", it asks me to give me details of my last 10 years other than education and work experience. What do I mention here?

vipaldua

May 18, 2017
You should mention only completed education in EE. While submitting your application write a Letter of Explanation that you are studying phd. Also remember that you should have atleast a years experience in the last 5 years to apply for Ontario.
Thanks. It helps. Yes I do have more than one year experience in last 5 years. (though I think the requirement is 1 year experience in last 10 years)

In "Other Activities" section while submitting OINP application, should I mention that I'm pursuing Phd and also attach a Letter of Explanation?

arjunmalkar

Jul 5, 2017
Dear Friends,

I have received NOI for ontario on 11th july.I had some doubts..
1.What is time frame i have to submit documents online from date i have received NOI (11th july)
2. I had maintained minimum funds required except for last month. Will this have any impact..I will maintain balance in current month.

Thanks in Advance.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Thanks. It helps. Yes I do have more than one year experience in last 5 years. (though I think the requirement is 1 year experience in last 10 years)

In "Other Activities" section while submitting OINP application, should I mention that I'm pursuing Phd and also attach a Letter of Explanation?
No its 1 in 5 please read the guide carefully.

Yes thats a good idea. Attach any bonafides from your university as proof.

starcatcher999

Star Member
May 3, 2017
He/She might have had ECA done for Masters and also have 1 year work experience. You are assuming he/she has been studying right from bachelors without a break.
I have done Master's and have ECA report from WES which says Canadian equivalency is Master's. I do have more than 3 years of experience in NOC category A. Now after a gap of almost 3 years, I started my Phd from a school in US. I'm not sure whether to mention this as my current education or not? If I should mention, it asks me for ECA which I cannot produce because the Phd is still going on. And if I do not mention, then in next section in "Other Activities", it asks me to give me details of my last 10 years other than education and work experience. What do I mention here?
Oh my bad I thought you meant you have been in education non stop and had not graduated at all yet. In regards to your question. I am not 100% but If you have a valid ECA up to your masters level and 3 years experience I don't see any problems however I would wait for seniors to reply on what to put in your application regarding your current studies.. It certainly won't hurt to attach a letter of explanation outlining your situation.. Good luck!

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Dear Friends,

I have received NOI for ontario on 11th july.I had some doubts..
1.What is time frame i have to submit documents online from date i have received NOI (11th july)
2. I had maintained minimum funds required except for last month. Will this have any impact..I will maintain balance in current month.

Thanks in Advance.
Congrats on receiving an NOI :)

You have 6 months to register on ONe-Key i.e. Ontario's website for OINP. If the quota for this year is completed before you submit your application then your NOI will not be valid.

1. If you chose to register on ONe-Key then you 14 days to submit all the docs and the fee payment.
2. You can explain that in Letter of Explanation. No it will not have any impact. Try to explain your funds very clearly.

Best of luck.

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello,
We received NOI yesterday 10th of July and I am in process of collecting documents for application submission.
I have a quick question, My spouse is the primary applicant on our EE profile, she has worked from 2011 May to 2014 Dec and has been been un-employed from taking care of our Kid. Do you think this will impact my ONIP application?
Is it fine if I provide letter of explanation?

Thanks.