OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
marsh08 said:
Hello Everyone,

Below is my case:

Created Express Entry profile on Jan 15, 2016
Received Invitation from Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) on Jan 18, 2016
Submitted my Application for Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) on Feb 09, 2016
Received Acknowledgment from The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program that they have received my application. Got this email on Aug 12, 2016

Since then I haven't received or heard back anything from them yet. Any idea how long its normally taking them to process and if i need to contact them ? My Post Graduation Work permit expires on April 11, 2017 and I am not sure what should i be doing. I was thinking about applying for a bridge work permit but if i am correct i need to wait for Ontario Provincial Nominee Program to finish processing. Any tips or Idea is greatly appreciated. Thanks
You can follow the below thread -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t396585.0.html

Good luck!

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correction of Date of Birth in EE profile

Hi All,

I have a question regarding date of birth in EE profile. I submitted my EE profile and got a PT notification of interest from Ontario. Now I want to correct the date of birth on my passport. How can I do that? I have the old date of birth on all my Education documents, IELTS and ECA report.
Is there any way I can update my DOB on passport and then on EE profile?
Thank you!

harshshrma119

Feb 9, 2016
Singapore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Thank you!

Well, that is a generic reply and applicants are not expected to take everything OINP mentions literally :) . Many applicants do not get an e-mail when their file goes to assessment phase.

You can write an e-mail and ask for the status of your application. Otherwise, you can try calling them and if you are lucky, you would be able to speak to a helpful officer and he might give you some specifics about your application.
Thanks for the info Raj. I will call them and try my luck.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zaksam777 said:
Hi All,

I have a question regarding date of birth in EE profile. I submitted my EE profile and got a PT notification of interest from Ontario. Now I want to correct the date of birth on my passport. How can I do that? I have the old date of birth on all my Education documents, IELTS and ECA report.
Is there any way I can update my DOB on passport and then on EE profile?
Thank you!
How you update the DOB on your PP depends on the country where you live. However, after you are done with the correction, you can update it in your EE profile.

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
I have my real sister as Canadian PR.

I have filled my EE profile(me being primary applicant) & a separate EE profile as my wife being the primary applicant.

Can my wife show my sister as her relative in her main profile?

& if yes, under which category of relation?

EE profile asks for any relation in Canada for both Primary & secondary applicant under same EE application. Can we both select, as we both have a relative in Canada under same EE profile(keeping in mind its only sister)?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
geetsingh said:
I have my real sister as Canadian PR.

I have filled my EE profile(me being primary applicant) & a separate EE profile as my wife being the primary applicant.

Can my wife show my sister as her relative in her main profile?

& if yes, under which category of relation?

EE profile asks for any relation in Canada for both Primary & secondary applicant under same EE application. Can we both select, as we both have a relative in Canada under same EE profile(keeping in mind its only sister)?
You can create multiple profiles but you can go ahead with one (when you receive ITA). The person who gets maximum CRS points should be the primary applicant and the other should be dependent. Yes, both of you can mention her as a relative in Canada.

Please remember you do NOT get any CRS points for having a relative in Canada. You only get 5 points in the FSW points grid.

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hi, I am new to this forum. I just want to ask some questions. Please if anybody has time to go through some questions.

I completed my Master's Education through McGill, Quebec and moved to Ontario. I checked the CRS point calculator and total was 437. I am working as Network Engineer in Ontario.

Please guide me a little how should I start my process for Ontario Nomination Program and PR Process.

Thanks
Spectrum

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Spectrum90 said:
Hi, I am new to this forum. I just want to ask some questions. Please if anybody has time to go through some questions.

I completed my Master's Education through McGill, Quebec and moved to Ontario. I checked the CRS point calculator and total was 437. I am working as Network Engineer in Ontario.

Please guide me a little how should I start my process for Ontario Nomination Program and PR Process.

Thanks
Spectrum
Welcome !

You can check these links out -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

You can post any questions you might have on those threads!

Good luck!

Abed Itawi

Nov 8, 2016
Hello,
First of all, I would like to congratulate Raj for getting his nomination :) and I hope we all get it soon. I need your help regarding my situation, here is my timeline:
re-created EE account: Feb/04/16
OINP PT Notification: Feb/08/2016
OINP App Submitted: Feb/2016
OINP AOR: Jul/13/2016
Nomination: Waiting

I got a call from an officer in Aug 2016 asking for extra documents such as T4 slips, employment duties, etc.. I sent him all the information, then I received an email on Aug/11/2016 saying the following: "Dear client,

Please be advised that your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has been referred to a senior processing officer for a decision........"
I haven't heard any updates since. I was working as an engineer with a good paying job but my PGWP expired on Oct/03/2016, therefore, I had to stop working then changed my status to "visitor"( took almost 2 months). Do you have any information on when I should get my nomination? Also, can I bridge my work permit after I receive the invitation and apply for PR or is it loo late for that? I would appreciate it if you could me any helpful suggestions. I don't know what to do expect to wait, the customer service does not answer, and their email responses are not helpful at all. Should I just leave and find work else were, or should I just keep waiting for an unknown period of time while not being able to work?
Thank you in advance for your help.

gautamr

Nov 9, 2016
Hey,
I received an AOR from OINP on august 17th and my PGWP expires on jan 15. Is there any way to extend the work permit? Also anybody else who got their AOR in august still waiting for the nomination

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Abed Itawi said:
Hello,
First of all, I would like to congratulate Raj for getting his nomination :) and I hope we all get it soon. I need your help regarding my situation, here is my timeline:
re-created EE account: Feb/04/16
OINP PT Notification: Feb/08/2016
OINP App Submitted: Feb/2016
OINP AOR: Jul/13/2016
Nomination: Waiting

I got a call from an officer in Aug 2016 asking for extra documents such as T4 slips, employment duties, etc.. I sent him all the information, then I received an email on Aug/11/2016 saying the following: "Dear client,

Please be advised that your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has been referred to a senior processing officer for a decision........"
I haven't heard any updates since. I was working as an engineer with a good paying job but my PGWP expired on Oct/03/2016, therefore, I had to stop working then changed my status to "visitor"( took almost 2 months). Do you have any information on when I should get my nomination? Also, can I bridge my work permit after I receive the invitation and apply for PR or is it loo late for that? I would appreciate it if you could me any helpful suggestions. I don't know what to do expect to wait, the customer service does not answer, and their email responses are not helpful at all. Should I just leave and find work else were, or should I just keep waiting for an unknown period of time while not being able to work?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Thank you.

To apply for BOWP, you should have a work permit that is still valid for less than 4 months and you should have submitted a PR application (and your R10 check should be complete).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

You can maintain your legal status on a visitor's visa.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gautamr said:
Hey,
I received an AOR from OINP on august 17th and my PGWP expires on jan 15. Is there any way to extend the work permit? Also anybody else who got their AOR in august still waiting for the nomination
You can extend the work permit if you have submitted your PR application and your R10 check is complete.