+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pawshi said:
Hi Raj and senior members of this forum,

Need your help and guidance.

My spouse is the primary applicant with 434 CRS. We have considered only two of her employment in the express entry and those two are -

1. Organisation 1 - Duration is 19 November 2004 to 15 July 2008 (3 years 7 months 25 days)

2. Organisation 2 - Duration is 16 July 2008 to 14 August 2013 (5 Years 28 days)

Total becomes 8 years 8 months 20 days (around that).

She was not in a job from 15 August 2013 to 24 August 2015.

She joined a 3rd organisation on 25 August 2015 and is employed till date. But, she dont want to continue and would like to persue CPA course full time. She has three months notice period and if she resigns by mid-October 2016, she will be relieved by mid January 2017. In that case she will have another experience of 1 year 5 months.

We are waiting for OINP to open. Based on the present rule, do you think her profile in express entry will have any problem/does not qualify for OINP?

Please guide.

Thank you,
Pawshi
For your Express Entry profile:

To be able to claim points for a job, it has to be in the past 10 years. You can claim points for the first job only from October 2016 (date = date when you created the EE profile). I suggest you to just delete the job at organization 1 and go ahead with the job in organization 2 alone (because you get maximum CRS points for 3 years of work experience and anything over that is superfluous).

For your OINP application

She should have at least one year of experience in the past 5 years from the date of the PT. So, in summary, she should have been employed for at least one year from November 2011 - November 2016 (assuming that you get a PT in November) to be eligible to apply to OINP. She does have close to 2 years of work experience in the past 5 years (from November 2011 - August 2013) so she is eligible to apply to OINP on this front as long as the rules don't change.

Has her degree(s) been evaluated to at least a "Bachelor's degree"? If yes, then she might be eligible to receive a PT NOI from OINP when they re-open.

Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TLOU said:
I emailed ontarionominee@ontario.ca since ladt week and still no reply about whether they received my bank draft. They were supposed to send me my expired bank draft. Still haven't received it. It's going to be 2 months since I told them my mail address to send the draft. I don't know what's going on. And my ielts is about to expire.
That's bad. Have you tried faxing them?

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
That's bad. Have you tried faxing them?
Unfortunately I don't have a fax machine. I just wonder if they actually reply to emails? I feel like the whole system is not fair. My bank draft expired because they took too much time to process. Now, I got AOR but my application is on hold because they were waiting for my new Bank Draft. Now after I sent my Bank Draft, I don't even know if they received it or if my application has been resumed. I don't know what else to do. Should I try one of their other email for Ontario if there's any?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TLOU said:
Unfortunately I don't have a fax machine. I just wonder if they actually reply to emails? I feel like the whole system is not fair. My bank draft expired because they took too much time to process. Now, I got AOR but my application is on hold because they were waiting for my new Bank Draft. Now after I sent my Bank Draft, I don't even know if they received it or if my application has been resumed. I don't know what else to do. Should I try one of their other email for Ontario if there's any?
You don't need a fax machine to send fax. You can do it online from your PC, right now.

Try this --->

https://www.myfax.com/free/

Yes, I do understand the frustration. I am on the same "November boat" (applied in early November 2015 and no nomination yet). Yes, the system is unfair but there is not much we can do about it. Hang in there. Good luck!

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
You don't need a fax machine to send fax. You can do it online from your PC, right now.

Try this --->

https://www.myfax.com/free/

Yes, I do understand the frustration. I am on the same "November boat" (applied in early November 2015 and no nomination yet). Yes, the system is unfair but there is not much we can do about it. Hang in there. Good luck!
Thanks for the fax link. Will try that. But first, I will try to call their phone number. I wonder if you had to do another IELTS exam given that you waited so long?

Good luck to you too and thanks for all the help you've been providing to everyone!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TLOU said:
Thanks for the fax link. Will try that. But first, I will try to call their phone number. I wonder if you had to do another IELTS exam given that you waited so long?

Good luck to you too and thanks for all the help you've been providing to everyone!
My IELTS is valid for 10 more months and hopefully, I'll get the nomination before that ;).

LowOnCRSScore

Apr 5, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I really want it to happen in 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
My IELTS is valid for 10 more months and hopefully, I'll get the nomination before that ;).

You sure will Raj..

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Thank you Raj for clarification. This is quite clear. Yes, her education credentials have been evaluated. She has B.COm and CA. WES has rated this as a Bachelor's degree 4 years and Bachelors degree 3 years. In her express entry profile, I have selected two or more bachelors.

Thank you,
Pawshi

harshilsm

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
Hey Raj and other senior members!

Can we include graphs in "letter of intent" or it should be just text? I mean i have done some research about the job prospects, labor market. So would it be advisable to include graphs in letter of intent.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harshilsm said:
Hey Raj and other senior members!

Can we include graphs in "letter of intent" or it should be just text? I mean i have done some research about the job prospects, labor market. So would it be advisable to include graphs in letter of intent.
That's a good question. However, I am not sure of the answer. If you see the need to include graphs to make your letter of intent more rich in content and if you believe that it will have a significantly larger impact than not adding them, you can go ahead with it, IMO. There is no specific template for this - the whole purpose it to demonstrate your research about the province on various fronts (jobs/education/finance/accommodation/life/etc).

Good luck!

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
Hello Friends,

As OINP will be open for nomination intakes in November, is there any whatsapp group already present or anyone interested to have such a group which will really be helpful in the process..

Please let me know if there is any such group or if we can create one.

Thanks.

harshilsm

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
That's a good question. However, I am not sure of the answer. If you see the need to include graphs to make your letter of intent more rich in content and if you believe that it will have a significantly larger impact than not adding them, you can go ahead with it, IMO. There is no specific template for this - the whole purpose it to demonstrate your research about the province on various fronts (jobs/education/finance/accommodation/life/etc).

Good luck!

Hey Raj,

A quick question on ties in canada. As my file is being processed in Ontario pnp, the ties which i can mention in intent to reside doc, is it necessary that our ties should be in Ontario itself or we can show our ties(family, friends etc) who is staying outside Ontario??? And do they call them for cross verification??

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keepsmiling said:
Hello Friends,

As OINP will be open for nomination intakes in November, is there any whatsapp group already present or anyone interested to have such a group which will really be helpful in the process..

Please let me know if there is any such group or if we can create one.

Thanks.
I don't know whether such a group exists but would like to be added to one. I'm eagerly waiting for OINP to re-open.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harshilsm said:
Hey Raj,

A quick question on ties in canada. As my file is being processed in Ontario pnp, the ties which i can mention in intent to reside doc, is it necessary that our ties should be in Ontario itself or we can show our ties(family, friends etc) who is staying outside Ontario??? And do they call them for cross verification??
If you have friends/family in Ontario, mention them. You would have to provide proof as to how they are related to you (birth certificates showing at least one common parent in case of siblings... etc) and proof that they are PR/citizen of Canada (PR card/Passport/DL/lease agreement etc). If they are outside of Ontario, do not mention them because you don't want the officer thinking that you have stronger ties to other provinces compared to your ties to Ontario.

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
is it necessary to declare all jobs to OINP?

I applied in Feb and recently got an AOR. Post feb 2016 I got a new job which I hate and plan to leave soon. I wish to not include this job in my application. what do experts recommend here?