+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I suppose RA/TA experience while you were a full time student in Canada can be counted as part-time work experience and you can claim points for that.
I'm outside of Canada.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) I did the ECA (for both my wife and I) in May 2016 with the ICES-BCIT which is registered on CIC website (I did the ECA with ICES-BCIT because I was on holiday in Vancouver and it was easier for me to submit the form and payment directly when I was there ...)
I have checked the OINP updates and I do not see the ICES-BCIT among the listed ECA granting organization.
For OINP purpose, is it compulsory to get the ECA done from one of the the organization listed in OINP update ? (i.e Comparative Education Service (CES), International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS), World Education Services (WES) )

If yes, I am screwed then, right ? (I mean that I do not have enough time to get new ECAs with one of the OINP list before my deadline of 45 days)
If no, I just need to attach the 2 ECA hard copy duplicates (for my and me) in my package and ask ICES-BCIT to send a duplicate to OINP when I will receive the AOR, correct ? No need to ask them to send before AOR ?

If IRCC recognizes that organization, then a ECA report issued by that organization should be valid for OINP too. Please contact your ECA issuing organization and ask them if they will send a copy of your report to OINP. This can be done post AOR.
Hi guys,
if this can help anyone else, as not all the ECA granting organizations are listed on the OINP update of January 11th 2016 ... so to reinforce Raj's comments, I have received the confirmation from OINP that they accept the ECA from granting organizations listed on CIC website.

***QUOTE***
· OINP will only accept an ECA report from one of following organizations designated by IRCC:
o Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
o International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
o World Education Services;
o International Qualifications Assessment Service;
o International Credential Evaluation Service;
o Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors); OR
o Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists)

***UNQUOTE***

And ICES confirms that they can send a copy of ECA directly to OINP upon request and payment.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PonJoub said:
Hi guys,
if this can help anyone else, as not all the ECA granting organizations are listed on the OINP update of January 11th 2016 ... so to reinforce Raj's comments, I have received the confirmation from OINP that they accept the ECA from granting organizations listed on CIC website.

***QUOTE***
· OINP will only accept an ECA report from one of following organizations designated by IRCC:
o Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
o International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
o World Education Services;
o International Qualifications Assessment Service;
o International Credential Evaluation Service;
o Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors); OR
o Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists)

***UNQUOTE***

And ICES confirms that they can send a copy of ECA directly to OINP upon request and payment.
Good, so all is well! All the best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Marooned said:
I'm outside of Canada.
As long as you can provide a reference letter with all the required details for that job, you should be okay, IMO. If the province has recognized it, then probably that experience is considered valid and IRCC would accept it too as long as you provide proper documentation to prove that you were paid AND a reference letter with roles and responsibilities to prove that you performed the appropriate roles for the NOC that you have chosen.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
As long as you can provide a reference letter with all the required details for that job, you should be okay, IMO. If the province has recognized it, then probably that experience is considered valid and IRCC would accept it too as long as you provide proper documentation to prove that you were paid AND a reference letter with roles and responsibilities to prove that you performed the appropriate roles for the NOC that you have chosen.
Yes I can.
Thanks a ton,+1.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, can failure to submit additional documents when asked lead to refusal of PR application? For eg. suppose the immigration people ask me to submit bank statements and salary slips of my work experience and I just submit the work experience certificate and letter of reference, can it lead to refusal. I'm afraid I don't have my bank statements and salary slips of my work experience but can provide work experience certificate and letter of reference. If needed, I can provide a salary certificate explaining how much I was getting paid. Please solve my query.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hi Raj,
I have EE profile with 441 score with Principal applicant.
My wife is working as teacher in Engg college and have a exp of 7 yrs., but not put in the profile as there is no addition of points.
I need your opinion, whether I should put her exp details or not? As getting ref letters are difficult.
If I dont put, will they consider this as a hiding the information?
Please reply

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
msatishxp said:
Hi, can failure to submit additional documents when asked lead to refusal of PR application? For eg. suppose the immigration people ask me to submit bank statements and salary slips of my work experience and I just submit the work experience certificate and letter of reference, can it lead to refusal. I'm afraid I don't have my bank statements and salary slips of my work experience but can provide work experience certificate and letter of reference. If needed, I can provide a salary certificate explaining how much I was getting paid. Please solve my query.
If you are unable to provide any of the requested documents, please include with your application a written explanation with full details as to why that document is unavailable and any document that would support your claim

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
prabag said:
Hi Raj,
I have EE profile with 441 score with Principal applicant.
My wife is working as teacher in Engg college and have a exp of 7 yrs., but not put in the profile as there is no addition of points.
I need your opinion, whether I should put her exp details or not? As getting ref letters are difficult.
If I dont put, will they consider this as a hiding the information?
Please reply
You need not mention anything in the EE profile. In your post ITA e-APR, retain this only in the personal history section and omit it completely from the work history section. This way, you will not have to provide any documents for her occupation!

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Raj,

First of all thank you for always providing updated information to everyone's queries.

So I got my AOR back in November and just like a lot of people, I am still waiting for my nomination. My work permit had expired back in April. I got myself a Visitor Status for now in order to stay in the country legally. My questions to you are:

1. Do you think it is a bad idea if I decided to leave Canada whilst my PNP application is still processing?
2. My company in Ottawa are willing to hire me as soon as I have a legal work permit/document. Is there any other form of documentation I can acquire in order to work legally while the wait for the nomination continues? (FYI: I had applied for a PGWP extension but it was refused as I had not got my nomination)

Thanks!

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
You need not mention anything in the EE profile. In your post ITA e-APR, retain this only in the personal history section and omit it completely from the work history section. This way, you will not have to provide any documents for her occupation!
[/quote]
Thank you Raj for your reply.
So, as of now no need to change anything.
1. Only after Ontario ITA (If I get), I have to enter the details of work exp in Personal history section and not in work exp section.
Correct if I am wrong?
2. Is birth certificate is mandatory or passport will do?
If birth-certificate is from Gram-Panchayat, is it fine?
waiting for reply

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Legolas_10 said:
Hello Raj,

First of all thank you for always providing updated information to everyone's queries.

So I got my AOR back in November and just like a lot of people, I am still waiting for my nomination. My work permit had expired back in April. I got myself a Visitor Status for now in order to stay in the country legally. My questions to you are:

1. Do you think it is a bad idea if I decided to leave Canada whilst my PNP application is still processing?
2. My company in Ottawa are willing to hire me as soon as I have a legal work permit/document. Is there any other form of documentation I can acquire in order to work legally while the wait for the nomination continues? (FYI: I had applied for a PGWP extension but it was refused as I had not got my nomination)

Thanks!
Did you just say you got your AOR in November 2015 or did you mean to say you applied to OINP in November 2015?

1) I don't think it will affect your application. You just have to let them know. Make sure that even when you leave, you satisfy the criteria to be eligible under CEC.

2) Ask your employer if they will apply for a work permit. If you have a job offer letter,fax it to Ontario along with a letter describing your situation. Mark the letter as "URGENT".

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
prabag said:

Thank you Raj for your reply.
So, as of now no need to change anything.
1. Only after Ontario ITA (If I get), I have to enter the details of work exp in Personal history section and not in work exp section.
Correct if I am wrong?

OINP will send you a nomination. After this, you will get an ITA in the subsequent draw. Once you start filling the post ITA questionnaire, you will see various sections like Work History, Travel History, Personal History, Address history and Education History sections. Do not enter the dependent's work details in his/her work history section. Just mention it in the personal history section.

2. Is birth certificate is mandatory or passport will do?
If birth-certificate is from Gram-Panchayat, is it fine?

Birth Certificate is required only for dependent children. Neither the PA nor the spouse needs to submit their birth certificates.
waiting for reply

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Thank you Raj.
Do we need to upload or send the 10th/12th Certificate/Marksheet in whole process?
I have a small spelling mistake in my 10th certificate/marksheet.