+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
prabag said:
Thank you Raj.
Do we need to upload or send the 10th/12th Certificate/Marksheet in whole process?
I have a small spelling mistake in my 10th certificate/marksheet.
10th/12th certificates are not required either for your PNP application or for your PR application!

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Did you just say you got your AOR in November 2015 or did you mean to say you applied to OINP in November 2015?

1) I don't think it will affect your application. You just have to let them know. Make sure that even when you leave, you satisfy the criteria to be eligible under CEC.

2) Ask your employer if they will apply for a work permit. If you have a job offer letter,fax it to Ontario along with a letter describing your situation. Mark the letter as "URGENT".
Did you just say you got your AOR in November 2015 or did you mean to say you applied to OINP in November 2015?
Yes. I had sent in all my documents end of October. On November 20th I got a letter saying they have received my application and have begun processing. A few days later they requested a few more documents and basically the wait continues. I requested for a status update and they told me that my application is currently in the Assessment stage. It has been like that for the past 2 months.

1) I don't think it will affect your application. You just have to let them know. Make sure that even when you leave, you satisfy the criteria to be eligible under CEC.
How/Where can I check to confirm I meet the criteria under CEC?
P.S. - The reason I am considering leaving Canada temporarily is because the processing times is taking forever (More than 200 days now). But at the same time I don't want my application to be affected by me leaving the country.

2) Ask your employer if they will apply for a work permit. If you have a job offer letter,fax it to Ontario along with a letter describing your situation. Mark the letter as "URGENT".
Will this require me to get an LMIA?
I am able to get a job offer letter. Do you mean I should send the job offer letter to the same people who I applied for my PNP and tell them that I want a work permit? Or should I send it to CIC?

Thanks.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Raj Sir,
Thank you for prompt reply.
When will Ontario will open the nominations and why are they taking so much time?
Whether they are upgrading to online system?
What will be CRS score criteria?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Legolas_10 said:
Yes. I had sent in all my documents end of October. On November 20th I got a letter saying they have received my application and have begun processing. A few days later they requested a few more documents and basically the wait continues. I requested for a status update and they told me that my application is currently in the Assessment stage. It has been like that for the past 2 months.

It is unlikely for the application to take so long to get processed for a CEC applicant. Assessment phase means your file hasn't moved to the decision phase/final phase yet.

How/Where can I check to confirm I meet the criteria under CEC?
P.S. - The reason I am considering leaving Canada temporarily is because the processing times is taking forever (More than 200 days now). But at the same time I don't want my application to be affected by me leaving the country.

To be eligible under CEC, you might have at least 1 year of work experience in Canada within the past 3 years. This need not be continuous experience.

Will this require me to get an LMIA?
I am able to get a job offer letter. Do you mean I should send the job offer letter to the same people who I applied for my PNP and tell them that I want a work permit? Or should I send it to CIC?

Check this --- > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp
Not very sure about the process of getting a WP. Other members can help. What I told you was to send your job offer letter to OINP telling them that your employer is willing to hire you if you get a WP and see if they will expedite the processing of your application.

Thanks.

vishaltale412

Sep 11, 2016
Dear All,

I've submitted my express entry profile long back but the cut off doesn't seem to come near my score i,e 405. Can anyone advise how to apply for immigration through PNP...I don't have any job offer from any eligible employer and i am interested to go for Ontario and British Columbia...Please advise...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vishal

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vishaltale412 said:
Dear All,

I've submitted my express entry profile long back but the cut off doesn't seem to come near my score i,e 405. Can anyone advise how to apply for immigration through PNP...I don't have any job offer from any eligible employer and i am interested to go for Ontario and British Columbia...Please advise...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vishal
Check this --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

For BC, you need a job offer. You might want to consider Ontario.

Check this ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg4952833#msg4952833

The OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream is currently not accepting applications (they have stopped sending PT NOIs from Feb 16, 2016). They might, however, reopen in November.

Good luck!

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hello All

I submitted OPNP application from India in Dec 2015 and in June 2016 i received an e-mail saying the demand draft expired and had requested for the new DD, which i sent immediately. I have not received any communication after that, anyone has gone through this? How much more time you think it could take for me to receive ITA.

Very eagerly waiting for response

Thanks
gayathri

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
HI Raj,

I have a question for you....

i applied for ONIP under Human capital Priorities stream and i got an AOR in august 2016.
Initially i was working in BC, latter i moved to Ontario since i found an opportunity to work for Ontario employer. Moreover i also completed Post graduate diploma from Lambton college Ontario.
by considering the fact that i studied in Ontario and also working in Ontario, do ONIP can consider my application under International student program. Please kindly advise on this.
or a person who applied under Human capital priorities stream can also apply for ONIP under International student program.

Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nreddy said:
HI Raj,

I have a question for you....

i applied for ONIP under Human capital Priorities stream and i got an AOR in august 2016.
Initially i was working in BC, latter i moved to Ontario since i found an opportunity to work for Ontario employer. Moreover i also completed Post graduate diploma from Lambton college Ontario.
by considering the fact that i studied in Ontario and also working in Ontario, do ONIP can consider my application under International student program. Please kindly advise on this.
or a person who applied under Human capital priorities stream can also apply for ONIP under International student program.

Thank you.
There are 3 streams -

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_APPLY.html

Check if you are eligible under this -

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS.html

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS. THIS AFFECTS ALL OF US AND IT MIGHT HELP EVERYONE. POST IT ON EVERY OTHER THREAD.

https://www.change.org/p/john-mccallum-drop-the-cic-processing-times-on-economic-application-to?recruiter=596833895&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj and Other Colleagues,

I saw in one of the post that some of the applicants were asked to send the "Statement of Intent to Reside in Ontario" once again. I am trying to understand the reason for asking this. I am thinking that the first one sent was not good enough hence the need for a new one. If this is the case then what drastic changes should one make it to be acceptable to OINP?. I am wondering what else would I have to write if I were to be asked for a new SOI. Also I hear from people that OINP is making phone calls, especially to CEC candidates and asking why they want to come to Ontario and proof of job search. Is this true for FSW outland candidates as well?.

Your ideas and Opinions will be highly appreciated.

BTW I am a March 2016 applicant and received AOR on August 22nd 2016.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

shashar

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gayathry84 said:
Hello All

I submitted OPNP application from India in Dec 2015 and in June 2016 i received an e-mail saying the demand draft expired and had requested for the new DD, which i sent immediately. I have not received any communication after that, anyone has gone through this? How much more time you think it could take for me to receive ITA.

Very eagerly waiting for response

Thanks
gayathri
I am also in same boat. Applied in first week of Jan 2016. Received AOR and request for another draft in Jul. Got acknowledgement that the new DD has been received by them on 15-Jul-2016, and post that nothing

Aug 15, 2015
Dear Raj,

Wonderful job done.

your guide is of lot of help. I felt confident to apply at my own after reading your Guide. thanks a lot for your help. Lots of respect for your help.

NOC: 4163
EE ReCreated: 29/01/2016
OINP PT: 01/02/2016
OINP App. Submitted: 08/03/2016
OINP App. Received: 16/03/2016
OINP AOR: 22/08/2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj and Other Colleagues,

I saw in one of the post that some of the applicants were asked to send the "Statement of Intent to Reside in Ontario" once again. I am trying to understand the reason for asking this. I am thinking that the first one sent was not good enough hence the need for a new one. If this is the case then what drastic changes should one make it to be acceptable to OINP?. I am wondering what else would I have to write if I were to be asked for a new SOI. Also I hear from people that OINP is making phone calls, especially to CEC candidates and asking why they want to come to Ontario and proof of job search. Is this true for FSW outland candidates as well?.

Your ideas and Opinions will be highly appreciated.

BTW I am a March 2016 applicant and received AOR on August 22nd 2016.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
FSW applicants are getting calls and additional document requests. However, the proof of job search in Ontario was asked to a FSW applicant from the US. However, all applicants should expect a "Why Ontario?" question in general over call.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
INFONAVJOTSINGH said:
Dear Raj,

Wonderful job done.

your guide is of lot of help. I felt confident to apply at my own after reading your Guide. thanks a lot for your help. Lots of respect for your help.

NOC: 4163
EE ReCreated: 29/01/2016
OINP PT: 01/02/2016
OINP App. Submitted: 08/03/2016
OINP App. Received: 16/03/2016
OINP AOR: 22/08/2016
Glad you found it helpful! Good luck for your nomination! :)