+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
badz2 said:
is there a possibility that eventhough you have a CRS of 400+, that you won't be receiving a PT? i am sitting at 435 CRS.
Yes, there is this possibility. In the past, people had to re-create EE profiles in order to get a PT. I personally had to re-create my profile thrice before I got a PT. As of now, the Human Capital Priorities Stream is on a temporary pause. OINP might reopen this stream this November.

edluyando

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Houston, TX
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Houston
NOC Code......
2145/0211
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-07-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
15-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
As far as the outside world knows it, this process is NOC agnostic.
[/So.. There is a chance! Regardless your NOC.. That's good, isn't it?b]

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Human Capital Priorities Stream or the Masters Stream? Which one is it? Both are separate streams. Was it an Express Entry Stream or non-EE stream?

The below are the programs that they have -

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/
International Student (Pilot Masters Graduate Stream)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DIbraheem said:
International Student (Pilot Masters Graduate Stream)
As I can see, the following are the requirements to apply to that stream.

To be eligible to apply as a Masters Graduate, the applicant must meet the following criteria:

have graduated or have met degree requirements from a Masters Degree program that is at least one academic year, completed full-time at an eligible publicly-funded university in Ontario,
applying within two years of the date on which their Masters Degree was granted,
have legal status in Canada (i.e. study permit, work permit, visitor record),
currently reside in Ontario,
intends to live and work in Ontario,
demonstrate high official language proficiency equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark 7
Demonstrated through the following International English Language Testing (IELTS) General Test scores and Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) scores in each language competency:
Listening: IELTS 6 or TEF 249-279
Reading: IELTS 6 or TEF 207-232
Writing: IELTS 6 or TEF 310-348
Speaking: IELTS 6 or TEF 310-348,
demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support themselves and their dependents,
demonstrate at least 12 cumulative months of residence in Ontario in the 24 months prior to the submission of the application, and
must not be intending to pursue further academic studies in Ontario
Unless and otherwise he satisfies ALL the criteria, he cannot apply to this stream. So from what you said earlier

Your friend is outside of Canada - So, he doesn't have a legal status in Canada and he is not a current resident of Ontario. Hence I don't think your friend can apply to this stream nor can he use the expired nomination (Please check with the province and see if they can do something about this).

One thing that I can think of is if your friend has at least 12 months of continuous residence in Ontario in the past 24 months AND if he can get a legal status in Canada (as a visitor, for instance) AND he moves to Ontario AND his Masters degree was issued within the last 2 years, he might be eligible to apply from within Canada; not from outside.

I would encourage him to wait till November and apply to the Human Capital Priorities Stream OR look for other PNP options. Check the below link --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
As I can see, the following are the requirements to apply to that stream.

Unless and otherwise he satisfies ALL the criteria, he cannot apply to this stream. So from what you said earlier

Your friend is outside of Canada - So, he doesn't have a legal status in Canada and he is not a current resident of Ontario. Hence I don't think your friend can apply to this stream nor can he use the expired nomination (Please check with the province and see if they can do something about this).

One thing that I can think of is if your friend has at least 12 months of continuous residence in Ontario in the past 24 months AND if he can get a legal status in Canada (as a visitor, for instance) AND he moves to Ontario AND his Masters degree was issued within the last 2 years, he might be eligible to apply from within Canada; not from outside.

I would encourage him to wait till November and apply to the Human Capital Priorities Stream OR look for other PNP options. Check the below link --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212
Thank you so much :)

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Guys I have a problem. In my EE profile I put my first position which was 10 years ago as systems developer and that stayed same position for like 5 years. But I just realized today that my first position was it support engineer, which they did by mistake and then rectified it to systems developer after 3 months.

I am in the process of preparing my application and my reference letter will probably reflect that.

Am I allowed to alter anything in the profile now or will it render my interest letter void? What can I do now?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aal_ said:
Guys I have a problem. In my EE profile I put my first position which was 10 years ago as systems developer and that stayed same position for like 5 years. But I just realized today that my first position was it support engineer, which they did by mistake and then rectified it to systems developer after 3 months.

I am in the process of preparing my application and my reference letter will probably reflect that.

Am I allowed to alter anything in the profile now or will it render my interest letter void? What can I do now?
You can change it now but make sure you don't make your profile ineligible. When you change anything related to primary NOC, you should be careful.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can change it now but make sure you don't make your profile ineligible. When you change anything related to primary NOC, you should be careful.
Can I change it after aor, or after they receive the package at least? The logical thing is that once they receive a package they will judge the package and not the profile. Just guessing.

bernardinho

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Raj, my EE profile would expire on september 18th and am still awaiting my nomination, I hope to get the nomination before then, but if not, what am i suppose to do if my EE profile expire after one year?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aal_ said:
Can I change it after aor, or after they receive the package at least? The logical thing is that once they receive a package they will judge the package and not the profile. Just guessing.
No. Change it now. There is a mistake on your profile; why would you wait for them to find out and then change it? You can change it now and correct the designation. Whatever you mention on your OINP application form and the documents you provide should match the details on your EE profile.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bernardinho said:
Hello Raj, my EE profile would expire on september 18th and am still awaiting my nomination, I hope to get the nomination before then, but if not, what am i suppose to do if my EE profile expire after one year?
You can create a new profile and send the new EE profile number and job seeker validation code to OINP and request them to update this detail in their records. You will get a nomination on the new profile.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
Sorry to post on this thread because it's irrelevant but I just want to confirm whether part time non-Canadian experience during full time studies is valid??
Also, is there a possibility that a province gives the nomination with part time experience but CIC rejects the case??
I have 3 years old before my graduation (bachelor) and want to know if CIC counts it. I already have nomination and waiting to receive ITA, if CIC doesn't count it I will be ineligible under FSW point system! (Fall to 66 instead of 68 :()
NOC 2171
Please help me out.

harshilsm

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
g126 said:
So in your case your original EE profile has expired, right? What did you do? Created a new one and emailed OINP? Did they acknowledge your email?

I have emailed them a new EE number. Just got an auto reply mail.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Marooned said:
Hi ,
Sorry to post on this thread because it's irrelevant but I just want to confirm whether part time non-Canadian experience during full time studies is valid??
Also, is there a possibility that a province gives the nomination with part time experience but CIC rejects the case??
I have 3 years old before my graduation (bachelor) and want to know if CIC counts it. I already have nomination and waiting to receive ITA, if CIC doesn't count it I will be ineligible under FSW point system! (Fall to 66 instead of 68 :()
NOC 2171
Please help me out.
I suppose RA/TA experience while you were a full time student in Canada can be counted as part-time work experience and you can claim points for that.