+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maleeksha said:
Hello Raj,
Thanks a lot for your 1st posted, I have it printed alongside the official application guide to guide me :)

Hello Members,

I've receive a PT from ON on 15th Aug (French stream). I have all documents ready and waiting to be sent. I just noticed that the kids' passport is expiring in March 2017. It will take around 1 week to renew their passports. My reasoning is that it's better I wait for 1 week to send my application, rather than sending additional docs while the processing is in progress as this may cause greater delays. What are your views to wait or not to wait?

Thanks
Maleeksha
If you can get it in 1 week, then I suggest you to get the PPs renewed and then send the application!

Good luck!

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Thanks Raj,
I'll wait for the new passports. One more query. I want to include my 6 months pay stubs in the application which is available from our HR system. It says: "This is a computer-generated document and it does not require any signature."

Do you think that I should request a signed/stamped copy from HR? Note that the employment letter (signed and stamped) already includes the annual salary at the same rate as in the pay stubs.

Thanks a lot.
Maleeksha

rajkamalmohanram said:
If you can get it in 1 week, then I suggest you to get the PPs renewed and then send the application!

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maleeksha said:
Thanks Raj,
I'll wait for the new passports. One more query. I want to include my 6 months pay stubs in the application which is available from our HR system. It says: "This is a computer-generated document and it does not require any signature."

Do you think that I should request a signed/stamped copy from HR? Note that the employment letter (signed and stamped) already includes the annual salary at the same rate as in the pay stubs.

Thanks a lot.
Maleeksha
Not required. I had computer generated payslips too and I did not have any problems (until now).

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj,

I have some more queries in reply to your responses. Please find them in blue font below.

Pavan

Hi Raj,

I wanted to seek clarifications on a few aspects.

1. I received a reply on August 14th 2016 from OntarioNominee.ca that they received my application and accepted it. They also mentioned that I will receive an Acknowledgement Letter with a File Number. Hopefully that means there are no chances my application being returned between now and the AOR.

It is extremely unlikely that your application will be returned. You are practically through - Wait for your AOR. Good luck!

That is good news. Hopefully will get the AOR in mid September. It has already been 6 months for my DD on August 13th, which would have expired unless they encashed it. I will have to re-send the DD in that case. Should I wait till the old un-enchased DD arrives before I send the new one?.

No. Once you get AOR and if OINP asks you to send a new draft, send it ASAP. You will get your old draft back after your new draft reaches them.

Ok thanks.

2. I wanted to understand the reason for the delay in issuing AORs and nominations. Is it because they issued PTs to more than 5500 people ( OINP quota for 2016 if I am not wrong ). If that is the case then some applications will have to be rejected. I remember people saying on this forum that chances of nomination after the AOR are high unless there is something wrong. It seems then nominations would be competitive and not sure what criteria they will have to select candidates. Please let me know what you think.

Relax! 5500 PTs were not sent. Cheesy . See, 5500 is the quota for ALL the streams combined. Under Express Entry - there are only 2 streams ( Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream). The file numbers have reached 49XX (They are now sending AORs to Feb 18 applicants). By the time they reach May applicants, the quota might be consumed. The nominations will come one by one. People do get rejected by OINP only if there is something really wrong with the application. This has been the case at least until now.

If the file number for Feb 18 applicant's is 49XX then for March it would easily be plus 1000. How will it not cross 5500?. Also PTs were issued only till Mid Feb for Human Capital Priorities Stream. Not sure about the French category. I did not understand how applications were received till May and if the 5500 quota is not exhausted by then. I am a bit confused. But the question remains : What is the reason for the delay in issuing AORs and nominations?.

Please note that the quota is for the number of nominations and not the number of AORs. Those applicants who were issued AORs and cannot be nominated under this year's quota will be nominated under the next year's quota. The quota for 2017 will be available to OINP by November, 2016. The delay, IMO, is because this is a new process. This is uncharted territory for them too. They might have thought that they could process "most" applicants within 3 months and provide a decision but now, they would have learnt their lesson. They might not have been able to handle the workload with only a handful of officers. So, to issue AORs , they have appointed many temporary officers. Once this AOR work is done, they might swiftly proceed and issue nominations.

So you are saying effectively all the people who got AORs will be nominated either in 2016 or in 2017 OINP quota. If people have to be nominated under 2017 quote then would that not lead to delay in getting nomination and ITA?.

3. How do I ensure that OINP has got all the documents that makes my application strong enough for a nomination. I sent all that was asked in the application guide.

That is all that you can do! Depending on your case and the officer evaluating it, you might or might not get an additional documents request. Hope you get nominated soon!

Just to be clear what are the typical additional documents that officer might request post AOR. My case could be different. But just in case, I want to be ready for it.

Usually, any work related document (including performance evaluation records, salary slips, reference letters, bank statements showing salary credits etc) and POF related documents can be asked as a part of additional documentation. Few applicants (CEC) were asked to submit proof of job search in Ontario. Some people were asked for updated settlement plan. So, prepare yourself accordingly!

I had already sent my salary slips, salary increment letters ,Bank statement as proof of funds and reference letters in the application packet. I can re-send anything in this regard with no issues.

On the proof of job search in Ontario, I find it tricky( I am a FSW Outland candidate though). I did do some job search initially but that was not restricted only to Ontario. Also when I did not get any response to my numerous emails to several companies I stopped this activity. Some of these emails were for companies in Ontario but only 3 or 4 emails. Besides I did this in early 2015 when I wanted to get a work permit by directly getting a job in Canada. It had nothing to do with Express Entry, OINP or settlement in Ontario. I am not sure if I can and if yes how to organize these as proof of job search in Ontario. Should I do some search in the month's time I have before I get my AOR?.

Updated Settlement Plan? what is this. Is this the " Letter of Intent to Reside in Ontario". In this letter Under opportunities in Ontario I did mention that my job search in websites like ca.indeed.com and Workopolis.com have shown good demand for Chemical engineers( my NOC ). Will they catch this phrase and ask for proof ?. Not being paranoid but better to be careful than sorry.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj,

I have some more queries in reply to your responses. Please find them in blue font below.

Pavan

Hi Raj,

I wanted to seek clarifications on a few aspects.

1. I received a reply on August 14th 2016 from OntarioNominee.ca that they received my application and accepted it. They also mentioned that I will receive an Acknowledgement Letter with a File Number. Hopefully that means there are no chances my application being returned between now and the AOR.

It is extremely unlikely that your application will be returned. You are practically through - Wait for your AOR. Good luck!

That is good news. Hopefully will get the AOR in mid September. It has already been 6 months for my DD on August 13th, which would have expired unless they encashed it. I will have to re-send the DD in that case. Should I wait till the old un-enchased DD arrives before I send the new one?.

No. Once you get AOR and if OINP asks you to send a new draft, send it ASAP. You will get your old draft back after your new draft reaches them.

Ok thanks.

2. I wanted to understand the reason for the delay in issuing AORs and nominations. Is it because they issued PTs to more than 5500 people ( OINP quota for 2016 if I am not wrong ). If that is the case then some applications will have to be rejected. I remember people saying on this forum that chances of nomination after the AOR are high unless there is something wrong. It seems then nominations would be competitive and not sure what criteria they will have to select candidates. Please let me know what you think.

Relax! 5500 PTs were not sent. Cheesy . See, 5500 is the quota for ALL the streams combined. Under Express Entry - there are only 2 streams ( Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream). The file numbers have reached 49XX (They are now sending AORs to Feb 18 applicants). By the time they reach May applicants, the quota might be consumed. The nominations will come one by one. People do get rejected by OINP only if there is something really wrong with the application. This has been the case at least until now.

If the file number for Feb 18 applicant's is 49XX then for March it would easily be plus 1000. How will it not cross 5500?. Also PTs were issued only till Mid Feb for Human Capital Priorities Stream. Not sure about the French category. I did not understand how applications were received till May and if the 5500 quota is not exhausted by then. I am a bit confused. But the question remains : What is the reason for the delay in issuing AORs and nominations?.

Please note that the quota is for the number of nominations and not the number of AORs. Those applicants who were issued AORs and cannot be nominated under this year's quota will be nominated under the next year's quota. The quota for 2017 will be available to OINP by November, 2016. The delay, IMO, is because this is a new process. This is uncharted territory for them too. They might have thought that they could process "most" applicants within 3 months and provide a decision but now, they would have learnt their lesson. They might not have been able to handle the workload with only a handful of officers. So, to issue AORs , they have appointed many temporary officers. Once this AOR work is done, they might swiftly proceed and issue nominations.

So you are saying effectively all the people who got AORs will be nominated either in 2016 or in 2017 OINP quota. If people have to be nominated under 2017 quote then would that not lead to delay in getting nomination and ITA?.

Yes. In case a few applicants have to be nominated under 2017 quota, then they might be nominated AFTER the 2017 quota is announced (likely to happen in November 2016),

3. How do I ensure that OINP has got all the documents that makes my application strong enough for a nomination. I sent all that was asked in the application guide.

That is all that you can do! Depending on your case and the officer evaluating it, you might or might not get an additional documents request. Hope you get nominated soon!

Just to be clear what are the typical additional documents that officer might request post AOR. My case could be different. But just in case, I want to be ready for it.

Usually, any work related document (including performance evaluation records, salary slips, reference letters, bank statements showing salary credits etc) and POF related documents can be asked as a part of additional documentation. Few applicants (CEC) were asked to submit proof of job search in Ontario. Some people were asked for updated settlement plan. So, prepare yourself accordingly!

I had already sent my salary slips, salary increment letters ,Bank statement as proof of funds and reference letters in the application packet. I can re-send anything in this regard with no issues.

Cool!

On the proof of job search in Ontario, I find it tricky( I am a FSW Outland candidate though). I did do some job search initially but that was not restricted only to Ontario. Also when I did not get any response to my numerous emails to several companies I stopped this activity. Some of these emails were for companies in Ontario but only 3 or 4 emails. Besides I did this in early 2015 when I wanted to get a work permit by directly getting a job in Canada. It had nothing to do with Express Entry, OINP or settlement in Ontario. I am not sure if I can and if yes how to organize these as proof of job search in Ontario. Should I do some search in the month's time I have before I get my AOR?.

If you are asked to show proof of job search, just show the e-mails you sent to employers in Ontario. It is unlikely for you to get such a request if you are FSW but there is nothing wrong in being prepared.

Updated Settlement Plan? what is this. Is this the " Letter of Intent to Reside in Ontario". In this letter Under opportunities in Ontario I did mention that my job search in websites like ca.indeed.com and Workopolis.com have shown good demand for Chemical engineers( my NOC ). Will they catch this phrase and ask for proof ?. Not being paranoid but better to be careful than sorry.

Yes, Settlement plan = Letter of Intent. Again, this is usually asked only for CEC applicants. Unlikely to be asked for FSW applicants. This is just a FYI.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hello Seniors,

Today I received AOR from OINP after 6 months of waiting with the following communication:

' Your application was received in our office and it has been deemed complete. However, it has come to our attention that the original bank draft (number: 004040 in the amount of CDN $1,500) attached to your application for fee payment is out of date. As a result, we are unable to process your payment.

We require you to please provide a replacement bank draft, made out to the “Ontario Minister of Finance”, as soon as possible. When you submit your new payment, please ensure you provide your name and quote your file number as it appears on the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) that you received by email. (Please see attached)'

Now, they are simply saying that I should provide the payment ASAP. Does anyone know about the timeline to re-submit payment?

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raj

I had applied through the EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream back in November 2015. I received a Letter of Acknowledgement on December 2nd 2015. Is this my AOR?. After a few days they requested a few additional documents and in a few days I sent it to them. After waiting out the 90 days I requested a status update and got a response on April 5th 2016 that my application is at the "second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst". After waiting for a good number of days, I requested another update and was told on May 30th 2016 that my application is "complete and is now being assessed". It is now August 18th 2016 and I still haven't got any response from OINP regarding my nomination.

I thought I would share it with everyone on here. Did anyone else happen to be dealing with a similar situation? Does anyone have any suggestions/comments after their experiences?

Thanks.

blebelle

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maleeksha said:
Hello Raj,
Thanks a lot for your 1st post, I have it printed alongside the official application guide to follow :)

Hello Members,

I've receive a PT from ON on 15th Aug (French stream). I have all documents ready and waiting to be sent. I just noticed that the kids' passport is expiring in March 2017. It will take around 1 week to renew their passports. My reasoning is that it's better I wait for 1 week to send my application, rather than sending additional docs while the processing is in progress as this may cause greater delays. What are your views: to wait or not to wait?

Thanks
Maleeksha
Hi Maleeksha, when I sent my documents early April (French Stream as well), I only sent passports for me and my wife - as supporting documents for the requester (myself). I think I saw that kids passport only need to be valid when you actually arrive in Canada. Can you tell me where have you read that you needed to send the kid's passports ?
All the best,
Bernard

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhruvmehtani said:
Hello Seniors,

Today I received AOR from OINP after 6 months of waiting with the following communication:

' Your application was received in our office and it has been deemed complete. However, it has come to our attention that the original bank draft (number: 004040 in the amount of CDN $1,500) attached to your application for fee payment is out of date. As a result, we are unable to process your payment.

We require you to please provide a replacement bank draft, made out to the “Ontario Minister of Finance”, as soon as possible. When you submit your new payment, please ensure you provide your name and quote your file number as it appears on the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) that you received by email. (Please see attached)'

Now, they are simply saying that I should provide the payment ASAP. Does anyone know about the timeline to re-submit payment?
Usually 30 days but I suggest you not to waste time. Send them the draft immediately.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Legolas_10 said:
Hi Raj

I had applied through the EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream back in November 2015. I received a Letter of Acknowledgement on December 2nd 2015. Is this my AOR?. After a few days they requested a few additional documents and in a few days I sent it to them. After waiting out the 90 days I requested a status update and got a response on April 5th 2016 that my application is at the "second stage of processing, pending review by an Investigator Analyst". After waiting for a good number of days, I requested another update and was told on May 30th 2016 that my application is "complete and is now being assessed". It is now August 18th 2016 and I still haven't got any response from OINP regarding my nomination.

I thought I would share it with everyone on here. Did anyone else happen to be dealing with a similar situation? Does anyone have any suggestions/comments after their experiences?

Thanks.
Almost all November applicants are in the same boat. Yes, "Letter of Acknowledgement" is your AOR.

Let's hope the nominations begin soon! Good luck!

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Bonjour Bernard,
Finalement, quelqu'un du French Stream! :)

I meant copies of the kids' passport. I really do not know if changes in the passport number, for e.g. might affect the processing time in the future. I prefer to wait for the new passports prior to sending the app, as recommended by Raj.

In the form 0205E, section VI "VI. Additional Supporting Documents", it says "Copy of each dependant's passport page which shows his/her photo and personal information". Since the children (and spouse) are all dependants, we need to include a copy of their passports as well.

Your application was received on the 14th of April and still no AOR? I guess the French stream & Human Capital stream all get processed at the same time. Please keep us posted of any updates in your app.

blebelle said:
Hi Maleeksha, when I sent my documents early April (French Stream as well), I only sent passports for me and my wife - as supporting documents for the requester (myself). I think I saw that kids passport only need to be valid when you actually arrive in Canada. Can you tell me where have you read that you needed to send the kid's passports ?
All the best,
Bernard

krishnacanada

May 14, 2016
Receipt of Nominee Application
I just received receipt from OINP for my application submitted on the 5th of Feb 2016.

"Your application was reviewed to confirm that it is complete and has been forwarded for assessment. OINP will notify you when your application moves to the assessment phase and again when your application moves to the decision phase. You will also be contacted directly should we require any additional information to assess your application.

Please be advised that the program is currently in receipt of a large volume of applications and processing times are longer than usual. We assure you that we are working diligently to process applications as expediently as possible.

We kindly request that you wait until after you receive notification that your application has moved to the assessment phase before contacting the OINP to inquire about the status of your application. This will allow our staff time to focus on processing applications to the program."

Waiting for the next steps. Does any know how long the second stage will take ?.

nisharma

Aug 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

I received Invitation to apply in November of 2015 and submitted all the documents by December. After waiting for 6 months, my application was returned on June 16th, 2016 because I did a blunder and missed a signature on the last page. I have been trying to get in touch with there office for 2 months but not getting anywhere.
I have been working since Summer 2014 and my work permit expires next year in July.
Can you please suggest as to what can I do in this scenario. I am freaking out.

Thanks
Nishant

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nisharma said:
Hi Guys,

I received Invitation to apply in November of 2015 and submitted all the documents by December. After waiting for 6 months, my application was returned on June 16th, 2016 because I did a blunder and missed a signature on the last page. I have been trying to get in touch with there office for 2 months but not getting anywhere.
I have been working since Summer 2014 and my work permit expires next year in July.
Can you please suggest as to what can I do in this scenario. I am freaking out.

Thanks
Nishant
They stopped accepting resubmitted applications from May 10, 2016. Unfortunately, I don't think you can pursue this application.

OINP might send out PT EOIs in November, 2016.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hurray!!! My AOR came today!!! They received my package on 3rd of March and the AOR arrived on 19th August... So they are currently 2.5 months behind schedule. This is good I guess as they were 3 months behind not long ago, so I guess they are catching up!

Now they mentioned this on the AOR:

Your application was reviewed to confirm that it is complete and has been forwarded for

assessment. OINP will notify you when your application moves to the assessment phase

and again when your application moves to the decision phase.

Does this really happen? Will I receive another email when it moves to the assessment phase and another one when it moves to the decision phase? I thought I'd only get notified of this if I reached out and asked for a status update. Anyway, very happy with the news!