App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
It depends on when OINP is starting to take applications again.
I would suggest, get your profile created around that time frame only. at this time it looks like OINP would re-start in November 2016, so it's better to create profile around that time.

I have applied through one of the Canada's largest Immigration consultancy (Green & Spiegel) and as per them, OINP don't consider profiles more than 3 months old for the notification of interest. I was not able to find justification around it though.

zshamim said:
Rephrasing my query ,Since my earlier question was not clear .

If Person A with 430 points created profile in March 2016 and Person B with 430 points created profile in November 2016
Who stand a chance to get Letter of Interest for OINP first ?

Thanks

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reena87 said:
You have sent documents for oinp to approve your nomination. It was i guess interest of letter that you got in February Not the nomination. Now the oinp will evaluate and then they will give you nomination. If that makes any sense. I hope it's helpful somewhat to you

Hi,

Today I have received File Tracking No and receipt from ONIP of docs and fee. Is this AOR?

Samra_

blebelle

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samra_ said:
Hi,

Today I have received File Tracking No and receipt from ONIP of docs and fee. Is this AOR?

Samra_
That would look like part of it no ? When was you application delivered to them ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
samra_ said:
Hi, Its been around 4 months my docs were received by OINP but still no update. How much more time I need to wait

Moreover, my CIC status is still showing No Nomination at this time.

Regards
Samra_
Yes, it shows "No Nomination at this time" because you haven't got your nomination yet.

It goes like this --->

Submission --> AOR --> Assessment Phase --> Decision Phase --> Nomination.

Congrats on your AOR.

Applicants who submitted their applications in October/November 2015 are still waiting for nomination. Your turn will come.

Good luck and all the very best!

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj,

I received my AOR email with two PDF attachments. One of them is Acknowledgement letter and the other is Receipt. I have a few questions in this regard.

1. My file number and case number are : XHSW-1605683 and XHSW-16-118325594 respectively.

(i) I want to understand if number of AOR from my file number is 5683 going by the last four digits. Did other guys get a file number like this or my file number is totally different.

(ii) Since I received of Payment of OINP Processing Fees does it mean that my DD has been en cashed. Will they send a separate email if they have not en cashed it yet and that I need to send it? My acknowledgement letter does not say that my DD has expired. Do I have to write to them to confirm it?.

2. I had renewed my Passport and had submitted a receipt of the same when I sent my OINP application. I shall send all pages of my new passport photocopy to OINP asap. Now do my New Passport details have to be updated on my Express Entry Profile also?.

3. I had ordered a ECA report to be sent directly to OINP by WES during my application stage. I had sent the receipt of it with the application. Now should I enquire with OINP if they received it proactively?. Or would they ask if I need to do it via an email?.

4. Any other documents that I may have to send. Please advise

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj,

I received my AOR email with two PDF attachments. One of them is Acknowledgement letter and the other is Receipt. I have a few questions in this regard.

1. My file number and case number are : XHSW-16056XX and XHSW-16-1183255XX respectively.

(i) I want to understand if number of AOR from my file number is 56XX going by the last four digits. Did other guys get a file number like this or my file number is totally different.

No your file number is not different. Other have got file numbers like these.

(ii) Since I received of Payment of OINP Processing Fees does it mean that my DD has been en cashed. Will they send a separate email if they have not en cashed it yet and that I need to send it? My acknowledgement letter does not say that my DD has expired. Do I have to write to them to confirm it?.

Yes, if you see the fee receipt, it means that your DD has been cashed.

2. I had renewed my Passport and had submitted a receipt of the same when I sent my OINP application. I shall send all pages of my new passport photocopy to OINP asap. Now do my New Passport details have to be updated on my Express Entry Profile also?.

It is enough if you send the bio pages of your new PP. Also, mention that you are submitting this because you have renewed your PP. Send it via e-mail. Yes, if you see a provision in your EE profile, please update the PP number

3. I had ordered a ECA report to be sent directly to OINP by WES during my application stage. I had sent the receipt of it with the application. Now should I enquire with OINP if they received it proactively?. Or would they ask if I need to do it via an email?.

No, you need not send anything now.

4. Any other documents that I may have to send. Please advise

Wait for additional document request. Do not send anything else now (unless something has changed and you need to update OINP).

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
First and foremost, please mask the last 2 digits of your file number. This is private information.

krishnacanada

May 14, 2016
Question to Team
- Currently i am in Intra company transfer visa and my company is processing the PR. In a situation if get another employer to get LIMA and get the additional points , will that help with Express Entry process ?.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
amriash said:
It depends on when OINP is starting to take applications again.
I would suggest, get your profile created around that time frame only. at this time it looks like OINP would re-start in November 2016, so it's better to create profile around that time.

I have applied through one of the Canada's largest Immigration consultancy (Green & Spiegel) and as per them, OINP don't consider profiles more than 3 months old for the notification of interest. I was not able to find justification around it though.
I think the justification is that, given the length of time they are currently taking to process the PTs, if they consider older nominations these may well expire before they get done processing the application creating another headache for them and the applicant.

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blebelle said:
That would look like part of it no ? When was you application delivered to them ?
I think so, my application was delivered on 9th Mar 16. Now what they will access and how long it would take further

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, it shows "No Nomination at this time" because you haven't got your nomination yet.

It goes like this --->

Congrats on your AOR.

Applicants who submitted their applications in October/November 2015 are still waiting for nomination. Your turn will come.

thanks a lot for clarification. :) :)

what they will access in Assessment Phase? is there any chance of rejection in this phase?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
samra_ said:
thanks a lot for clarification. :) :)

what they will access in Assessment Phase? is there any chance of rejection in this phase?
They will assess all the documentation that you've submitted!

The AOR means that you've submitted submitted everything they've initially asked for and filled out the form correctly. Now they need to analyse all the documents you have submitted and the information you've filled in the form. They will also do backgrounds checks to make sure the information is correct (contact your employer, etc.). If they come across something that does make any sense they will contact you for clarification and/or to ask for more documents. The only way you can get rejected at this stage is if you've intentionally lied about something or provided forged documents - so only if you've done something really wrong/bad!

Once they are happy with all your documents they will make a decision... It's unclear to me how the decision is made, but basically if they like you then you'll get a nomination, if they don't like you then you wont. Things that will cause them to like you are being courteous in the requests and supporting information letters (this is debatable, there are several threads in the forum about this), doing a good job at explaining why you'd live in Ontario (ties to Ontario) and your NOC (whether or not it's in high demand). Fact is, it seems a bit unfair that you need to pay CAD 1500 for them to process your application and they can still reject you for no other reason than they dislike you, but that's life I guess.

If anyone else can add to this I'd be interested in finding out more information, so please do!

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hello,
At which point do they cash the bank draft? I'm particularly worried about the bank draft expiry date.
Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram said:

It goes like this --->

Congrats on your AOR.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maleeksha said:
Hello,
At which point do they cash the bank draft? I'm particularly worried about the bank draft expiry date.
Thanks.
They used to cash the DDs before sending you AOR. However, since the DDs are expiring now, they are issuing AOR first and then requesting a new DD.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Thanks for your quick reply!
I've tried going through your past posts to see what was the additional documents they requested from you, but there are too many :)

Could you please let me know what was the additional documents they requested to you personally and to other forum members, you might know of (assuming the application package is complete)?

Did they contact you or anyone mentioned in your application? Do you think it's wise to ask them not to contact my current employer, but that they can contact my previous employer?

rajkamalmohanram said:
They used to cash the DDs before sending you AOR. However, since the DDs are expiring now, they are issuing AOR first and then requesting a new DD.