+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Let's hope OINP will reopen before your or my NOIs expire, but don't worry, you will still be 400+ after your birthday, so you can reasonably easily get a new NOI after they resume issuing NOIs. I'm not so lucky. I will drop 11 points to 399 on my birthday in February. Unless they start issuing NOIs to ICT workers under 400 again as they did in the last week of June, I will no longer be eligible to receive NOI.
I have a very strong intuition, HCP is reopening before that. In fact, it's beyond intuition - it has a reasoning that they will re-open HCP between Oct.-Nov. at least for people to apply, if not issuing fresh NOI. But I am short of how to explain it logically here.

So cheers !!

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Yes, page 9 (page 14 of the PDF) of the application guide says you have to maintain 400 CRS until you e-APR post ITA:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

2.1.6 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score
All applicants must score a minimum of 400 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) in IRCC’s Express Entry system. Your score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residency processing stage.
If a change in circumstance results in your CRS score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform the OINP. Please refer to section 5.4 for more information.

I have read before that for Ontario's purposes, your age is locked at NOI, but I can't find a cite for this. However, I have seen a cite for your age being locked at ITA for the purpose of EE.
I have read before that for Ontario's purposes, your age is locked at NOI, but I can't find a cite for this. However, I have seen a cite for your age being locked at ITA for the purpose of EE.[/QUOTE]

Here you go... its again on the same PDF you referred to me. Page 36 of Appendix 1 in the application guide reads..:

4. Age
A maximum of 12 points may be awarded based on your age on the day when your application for permanent residence is received by IRCC. Note: The OINP locks in your age on the date that your Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario was sent. Therefore, the OINP will award points based on your age at the time of your NOI. However, please note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will only lock in your age once you receive an Invitation to Apply.

So I hope that HCP of OINP reopens to at least allow existing NOI holders to register their applications before Jan.18 tops !!

Wish you luck!

Reactions: trumprefugee

Ankv1978

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
No need to do it now. Wait for OINP to re-open for issuing NOI. They will update it on their website as to when they will re-open. Once they update, that is when you shall need to recreate your profile.

Till then, Keep Calm & Keep Checking!!
Hi

Can u share the link of where we can check the update. I don't trust my consultant.
Although I know the website but still trying to reconfirm if I m referring to the right webpage.

xxtelkholyxx

Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone
I am as many of you, received NOI on the 29th of June because of my ICT profession , my CRS points are lower than 400. By the time I prepared the OINP required documents they closed the program application.
I know that they have done that on the 25th of July.
Do any one can expect based on former closing and opening dates when would they reopen the application intake?
Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.

xxtelkholyxx

Nov 12, 2015
I have a very strong intuition, HCP is reopening before that. In fact, it's beyond intuition - it has a reasoning that they will re-open HCP between Oct.-Nov. at least for people to apply, if not issuing fresh NOI. But I am short of how to explain it logically here.

So cheers !!
If they do that I'll do my best to find you in our new homeland of Canada and invite you for a big lunch or dinner

Reactions: Sundeep07

xxtelkholyxx

Nov 12, 2015
You are correct. You will need to receive NOI from Ontario before you can apply for OINP. Unfortunately as of July 25, Ontario has stopped issuing NOIs and taking applications even from those of us with NOIs for the HCP stream, so those of us with unexpired NOIs need to wait for them to reopen the HCP stream before we can apply. When they start issuing NOIs again, you should re-create your profile, because when they are issuing NOIs, they tend to favor recently created profiles.
Hi
Why do you think that they prefer the new express entry profiles??
Thanks in advance
Anyone with 400+ is normally eligible to receive NOI. It was just in recent months that ICT workers were more likely to receive NOI, and in the last week of June, Ontario issued NOIs to ICT workers under 400. Unfortunately they paused the HCP stream on July 25, meaning that since then, they have not been issuing any NOIs, and even those of us with existing NOIs who missed the July 25 deadline cannot apply. With only 988 nominations for 2017 remaining as of September 11, it is unlikely that they will issue more NOIs this year. However, they will need to by January 25 because all existing NOIs will have expired by then and they will have 2018 quota.
hi
Do you mean that they won't reopen the application intake before the end of 2017?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi
Why do you think that they prefer the new express entry profiles??
Thanks in advance

hi
Do you mean that they won't reopen the application intake before the end of 2017?
Not sure, but Ontario has stated a few times that people should re-create their profiles to make it easier for Ontario to identify people to issue NOIs to:

See for example the June 28 update on the updates page
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

"Prospective applicants to the HCP Stream are encouraged to create a new profile in the Express Entry system to make it easier for Ontario to identify their profile during its search in the federal government’s Express Entry pool. Please note that if you create a new Express Entry profile, you must delete your old profile."

I hope they at least will reopen application intake before the end of 2017, even if they don't issue more NOIs until 2018. But all we can do now is check the updates page as well as the processing times page (which is updated monthly around the 10th) to see how many nominations are remaining for this year:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html

Anukriz

Nov 27, 2016
Hi,

I emailed and called OINP. The latest update I have is that my profile is approved. However, they have assigned a senior officer to look into the issue.

I am not sure what is wrong. I guess after approval the next step would be is to receive a consent message on CIC profile. I am yet to receive that.

Did you guys face similar issues?

OINP HCS - Approved on Sep 20th. 2017
Waiting for the consent message in CIC express entry profile.
CRS - 414

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello,

It's been at least a week with no nominations either here or on myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/ontario-human-capital-priorities-stream-tracker/analytics.

I wonder what could be the reason.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hello everyone
I am as many of you, received NOI on the 29th of June because of my ICT profession , my CRS points are lower than 400. By the time I prepared the OINP required documents they closed the program application.
I know that they have done that on the 25th of July.
Do any one can expect based on former closing and opening dates when would they reopen the application intake?
Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.
One could only speculate the re-opening dates.
It is my strong hunch that they will re-open this year, but, the intention varies. Judging by the low numbers of nominations left they will re-open targeting specific NOC's.

Fin_Fin

Jul 6, 2017
Dear all, I received Procedural Fairness Request from OINP asking to provide Intent to reside in Ontario and indication of ties to Ontario, though I submitted those earlier. OINP asked to provide documentation on the status of the Quebec Application which my spouse submitted last year. My spouse has agreed to withdraw the application from Quebec if OINP nominates. I have few friends in Ontario. Does it require to mention their names and details in the revised indication of ties to Ontario? Please advise what to do? What documents I need to submit to OINP in this regard. Looking forward to your valuable opinion.

gaganshah

Sep 27, 2017
Hi all,

Pls add me on any WhatsApp group of people who have received NOI but somehow could not register before 25th July, the day OINP puts it's registration on hold. My number is +9 1 9 8 5 5 7 5 0 7 0 6. Thanks and regards
Hi please add me too in that group. I am in the same pool. My Number is +9 1 9 9 9 9 6 9 0 7 2 0.