29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
LanaS said:
It is not about being proactive - you should regularly monitor Ontario immigration website in order to stay up-to-date. On January 11 they posted an update according to which all applicants participating under the Human Capital Priorities Stream or the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream must authorise their ECA organisations to provide a copy to OPNP. Here is the link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
The earlier you take care of it, the sooner your application will be processed...
yes, but I already posted here their response to that specific query since we already submitted our applications before the new update which stated their advise to wait for their mail request if the need it, they'll ask for it.

for new applicants however, (applying from Jan 11 onwards) they should take that note into account within their application.

Mazher Ahmed

Jul 17, 2014
Hi guys

I need to know that if some did his masters from Canada then still he needs the ECA for his bachelor degree, as some of my friend who got nomination in this programme have submitted their true copy of master degree and original transcript and got the nomination. Can any one explain me that this ECA requirement is for all applicants who have done their education in Canada? or it implies to those who are not in Canada and completed their education outside Canada?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Mazher Ahmed said:
Hi guys

I need to know that if some did his masters from Canada then still he needs the ECA for his bachelor degree, as some of my friend who got nomination in this programme have submitted their true copy of master degree and original transcript and got the nomination. Can any one explain me that this ECA requirement is for all applicants who have done their education in Canada? or it implies to those who are not in Canada and completed their education outside Canada?
Canadian Degrees/Diplomas don't need ECA...Only the ones acquired from outside need.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Our Duplicate request now has been sent by Mail to MCIIT yesterday on 15th Jan'16 (after 7 days of ordering) they even refunded C$28.25 (i guess the Domestic Overnight charges + part of corresponding HST).
Just to update the forum, Yesterday (20th Jan'16) we got an email acknowledgement from MCIIT (OINP) that they have received our Duplicate ECA copy directly from WES.

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Dear All,

I am preparing for OINP and need to know if OINP accepts ECA report from IQAS ?

It is mentioned in their Application guide but not on below link -

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_APPLY.html#display

It does not mention IQAS for foreign degrees.

Thanks
Rahul

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rahul1404 said:
Dear All,

I am preparing for OINP and need to know if OINP accepts ECA report from IQAS ?

It is mentioned in their Application guide but not on below link -

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_APPLY.html#display

It does not mention IQAS for foreign degrees.

Thanks
Rahul
I don't think it's mention in their Application Guide too.

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Thanks for your reply.

But I checked and it is mentioned in their application guide on

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

OINP will only accept an ECA report from one of following organizations designated by CIC:

o Comparative Education Service –University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
o International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
o World Education Services;
o International Qualifications Assessment Service;
o International Credential Evaluation Service;
o Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors); OR
o Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists).

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rahul1404 said:
Thanks for your reply.

But I checked and it is mentioned in their application guide on

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

OINP will only accept an ECA report from one of following organizations designated by CIC:

o Comparative Education Service –University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
o International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
o World Education Services;
o International Qualifications Assessment Service;
o Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors); OR
o Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists).
It seems that they have updated the Application guide w/o bothering to change the revision date of 24th July 2015 because the pdf copy saved on my drive has only 5 assessment agencies that does not include

o International Qualifications Assessment Service; and

As my copy has 5 bullets points only and the the current one on their website has 7.

Anyway...i guess this must be another discrepancy (or an error/miss) of theirs and they should accept it as CIC too lists these as one of the agencies that they accept ECA from.

I suggest you can go ahead with them if that is your choice.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Good luck to everyone with their OINP applications.
I have submitted my OINP application just a day ago.

Can someone please be kind enough and let me know if I need to order the WES ECA copy now OR wait until AOR?
Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sushsmart15 said:

Can someone please be kind enough and let me know if I need to order the WES ECA copy now OR wait until AOR?
Thank you.
Well, owing to the Jan 11 update, I believe you can order a copy and send the receipt via email.

It would be better to apply for a ECA copy and add the receipt as a part of the application package and then send it to Ontario.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, owing to the Jan 11 update, I believe you can order a copy and send the receipt via email.

It would be better to apply for a ECA copy and add the receipt as a part of the application package and then send it to Ontario.
Thank you very much Rajkamal. Appreciate your prompt response.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
sushsmart15 said:

Thank you.
You can also send a xerox copy of your wes eca hard copy and later when and if oinp needs to verify your eca copy, they can ask you to submit one.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
rafzy said:
You can also send a xerox copy of your wes eca hard copy and later when and if oinp needs to verify your eca copy, they can ask you to submit one.
In my application package that I sent, I included a colour photocopy of the WES ECA report (hard copy).

The instructions on website do not mention exactly when does an applicant has to order this ECA copy - i.e. immediately after the application is sent across OR does an applicant receive a notification email from OINP and only then he needs to order it.

As such I guess I will receive the AOR only after a month (at the minimum) or max upto 3 months - don't know yet.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
In my application package that I sent, I included a colour photocopy of the WES ECA report (hard copy).

The instructions on website do not mention exactly when does an applicant has to order this ECA copy - i.e. immediately after the application is sent across OR does an applicant receive a notification email from OINP and only then he needs to order it.

As such I guess I will receive the AOR only after a month (at the minimum) or max upto 3 months - don't know yet.
Same here, I sent the colour copy of the ECA Report (that I received via post) as part of the application package. I shall also wait to get the AOR to order ECA copy.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Guys, just now I have received a reply to my email enquiry after a week from OINP stating that the ECA report from WES needs to be ordered while submitting OINP application.

I have already sent my application, so I will order it soon in a day or two.