+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Chat Group - Ask Any Question (UNRESTRICTED THREAD)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mann.jas said:
Hi everyone

Just a query,
I got permanent job started from September before it was contract position till July, same noc, same comapany, say pay and same job description. Should I notify OINP?

Also after submitting my application in March, I went to India for 3 weeks (in April). Should I notify OINP about that too?
No and No, IMO. Unless there is a significant change like Change in Employer, Change in Marital Status etc, you don't have to inform OINP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sheeba Bernard said:
Hi everyone
I am a dentist from India with CRS score of 428. I am planning to immigrate to Ontario but i cannot decide if i should file my application through an agent or just do it myself. Which will be a wiser choice?
You can do this yourself - there are a lot of resources at disposal here. Let me point you to some -

Learn about EE in the below threads -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

Learn about Provincial Nomination here -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

Go through those links and feel free to post any questions that you might have. Good luck and all the very best!

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Guys, in education history in the form, should i mention incomplete degrees? After my Bachelor's I did 2 years of graduate studies but did not get my Master's degree. If yes what should I put under Degree column? Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aal_ said:
Guys, in education history in the form, should i mention incomplete degrees? After my Bachelor's I did 2 years of graduate studies but did not get my Master's degree. If yes what should I put under Degree column? Thanks.
You don't have to mention it under the education history section. You can just retain it in the personal history section (post ITA).

Afrida

Jan 14, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I got to know that Ontario takes 8 months to 1.5 years to sent nomination after AOR? Is that true?

Also, once we have AOR from Ontario does it mean it is guaranteed that we will get nomination but it might just be a matter of time?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Afrida said:
Hi Everyone,

I got to know that Ontario takes 8 months to 1.5 years to sent nomination after AOR? Is that true?

Also, once we have AOR from Ontario does it mean it is guaranteed that we will get nomination but it might just be a matter of time?
Well, yes there is a gargantuan delay right now and hence the nominations are taking way too long to be issued. This is per the current trend. This might improve in the future.

Well, it is very likely you'll get your nomination after you get your AOR. However, there are cases where the applications have been rejected (because the applicant did not satisfy eligibility criteria etc). Fortunately, these cases are very rare.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kar1205 said:
Hello Seniors, I am a situation and need your help !! :-[ :( :mad:

I am a March applicant. In Jan, when I created my EE profile I had 406 points and on May it got dropped to 400 points due to my age.
The points were granted based on the IELTS scores L-8; R-7; W-6.5; S-7, which is due to expire on 2-Oct 2016. Hence, recently I gave my IELTS, but unfortunately my scores are low as compared to the previous result. The new IELTS scores are L-8; R-7; W-6; S-6.5 :(

The problem is, with the new IELTS score, my points are down to 386 and correct me if I am wrong, by 2-Oct 2016, my EE profile will also get inactive due to my IELTS expiration.

Please suggest me if I need to give me IELTS once again, but by that time my EE profile will be inactive. Will this be an issue?
I mean, ultimately it is due to delay by ONIP, I am in this situation and I need to give me IELTS. Won't they consider my old IELTS results and process my application?
What would happen if I update the new IELTS score into my profile?
Or any other suggestion you guys can add?

Seriously, I am going mad, please help me out...
you need to write IELTS again, no way around it...

even if delay is from OINP end, its clearly stated that our profile should be active and eligible at all times...

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any one who got NOI from ontario and got the approval even though their level of education is only 2-3 years diploma in Ontario?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sandyin said:
Is there any one who got NOI from ontario and got the approval even though their level of education is only 2-3 years diploma in Ontario?
Not possible under the Human Capital Priorities Stream. Even if you do get a PT and you submit an application, it might , unfortunately, be rejected for not satisfying the eligibility criteria. I would suggest anyone without at least a bachelor's degree to look for other PNP s (SINP etc).

vibhu_kk

Oct 14, 2015
Since this is an unrestricted thread, I'm reposting this from another group:

Hi Guys,
I have a silly question to which I seem to be unable to find any answers to online.

Story:
I applied for PR through Express Entry System in mid-2015. Towards the end of 2015, I received a PPR requsting me to submit my passport. Right around that time I decided to get married and when I sent my passport, I also send sent proof of my marriage to NVDO and through Case Specific Enquiry informing them about the change in my marital status. Now that the background check and medicals for my wife have been cleared, I have been asked to submit passports of both me and my wife. I also paid RPRF again for my wife's application as requested by CIC.

Questions:
1. Is my wife a dependent or an individual PR like me?
2. If she is an accompanying PR, would she have a default work permit in Canada (as for her, no language tests or Education Credential Assessment was asked for)?
3. If she doesn't have a work permit with the PR, do I need to apply for an OWP (Open Work Permit) for her?
4. What is the right time to apply for an OWP? Before getting the PR, After getting our PR, or after Port of Entry?

Any help is really appreciated in this regard.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vibhu_kk said:
Since this is an unrestricted thread, I'm reposting this from another group:

Hi Guys,
I have a silly question to which I seem to be unable to find any answers to online.

Story:
I applied for PR through Express Entry System in mid-2015. Towards the end of 2015, I received a PPR requsting me to submit my passport. Right around that time I decided to get married and when I sent my passport, I also send sent proof of my marriage to NVDO and through Case Specific Enquiry informing them about the change in my marital status. Now that the background check and medicals for my wife have been cleared, I have been asked to submit passports of both me and my wife. I also paid RPRF again for my wife's application as requested by CIC.

Questions:
1. Is my wife a dependent or an individual PR like me?
2. If she is an accompanying PR, would she have a default work permit in Canada (as for her, no language tests or Education Credential Assessment was asked for)?
3. If she doesn't have a work permit with the PR, do I need to apply for an OWP (Open Work Permit) for her?
4. What is the right time to apply for an OWP? Before getting the PR, After getting our PR, or after Port of Entry?

Any help is really appreciated in this regard.
Answered as PM.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Guys, can you please answer this fast, I'm sending the package today. :eek:.

in how much funds for settlement in ontario I put a round number that is higher than the LICO but less than half of what I actually show in the statement. will I have problems? Should the number here equal the statement from the bank?