+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Chat Group - Ask Any Question (UNRESTRICTED THREAD)

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Re: OINP Chat Group - Ask Any Question.

happynightowl said:
Wow that's a good idea! If I put his work experience under personal history section, then should I just put "N/A" in the employment section? Is that OK?
Check below link, you will have better idea which documents are required for spouse.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

FBack54

May 25, 2015
Thanks for the quick response prashantduggal! I would think the fact that I studied, currently live in, and previously worked in Ontario comprehensively establishes my ties to the province. Would it be worth it to send a follow up note in which I clearly state that I will move my employment to Ontario if that is what is needed?

I'm a little worried because other CEC inland applicants with expiring work permits got their nominations pretty quickly after AOR, whereas my work permit expires on Monday and I haven't heard anything since May 20th.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
FBack54 said:
Thanks for the quick response prashantduggal! I would think the fact that I studied, currently live in, and previously worked in Ontario comprehensively establishes my ties to the province. Would it be worth it to send a follow up note in which I clearly state that I will move my employment to Ontario if that is what is needed?

I'm a little worried because other CEC inland applicants with expiring work permits got their nominations pretty quickly after AOR, whereas my work permit expires on Monday and I haven't heard anything since May 20th.
Try calling them and send email at expressentry@ontario.ca and explain your situation.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017

FBack54 said:
I have received AOR from Ontario but am starting to doubt certain things. For example, I currently reside in Ottawa, ON but work in Gatineau, QC. Does anyone see this as an issue? I'm sure there are very few cases where people live right on the border of two provinces.
They will ask you about your future plans. you will have to explain them how important it is for you to reside in ON.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Has anyone received OINP nomination recently?

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
prashantduggal said:
OINP CHAT GROUP - POST ANY QUESTION

Join this thread, and ask any type of question and do as many as discussions you want to do.

Some threads don't allow or answer unrelated questions, and always stick to one topic but on this thread you're allowed to ask any kind of question (From very basic to high level).

Requesting all the Forum Members to put their knowledge into this thread and help others.

Good Luck All !!
+1 for the great work creating this thread.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017

FBack54 said:
I have received AOR from Ontario but am starting to doubt certain things. For example, I currently reside in Ottawa, ON but work in Gatineau, QC. Does anyone see this as an issue? I'm sure there are very few cases where people live right on the border of two provinces.
you will be asked to provide settlement plans. be ready to prove you want to settle in ON. Show that you have searched job in ON and want to settle there.

visawizard

Jan 7, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

@prashantduggal thank you for creating such a thread.

I am a February OINP applicant awaiting AOR, I have been reading in the forum about expired DD and OINP asking to resubmit the DD. Just to prep myself I am asking this query. My friend in Canada made the DD for me and enclosed it along the application. Can I give the return address for the DD, my friends address. Since this address is mentioned no where in my application will it be an issue. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
visawizard said:
Hi,

I am a February OINP applicant awaiting AOR, I have been reading in the forum about expired DD and OINP asking to resubmit the DD. Just to prep myself I am asking this query. My friend in Canada made the DD for me and enclosed it along the application. Can I give the return address for the DD, my friends address. Since this address is mentioned no where in my application will it be an issue. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you
What do you mean by DD?

jkohl

Jun 29, 2016
Hello all,

I have very basic questions about Ontario nomination program since I just started with the process and doing everything myself.

1. Does nomination by Ontario province means on getting PR one can stay only in Ontario and not any other province?

2. What do they look for nomination? I have points around 450, an Indian engineering degree, masters from US, 8 years of foreign experience, sufficient funds and a 9 CLB score. My occupation is among top 10 invitations as mentioned on their site.

3. In what time you can come to know that province has selected you?

Thanks in advance.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
jkohl said:
Hello all,

I have very basic questions about Ontario nomination program since I just started with the process and doing everything myself.

1. Does nomination by Ontario province means on getting PR one can stay only in Ontario and not any other province?
Refer: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-are-the-restrictions-and-conditions-after-getting-provincial-nomination-t20370.0.html

2. What do they look for nomination? I have points around 450, an Indian engineering degree, masters from US, 8 years of foreign experience, sufficient funds and a 9 CLB score. My occupation is among top 10 invitations as mentioned on their site.
You're good. For more information read their application guide.
Refer: www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf
As of now Ontario isn't sending invitations. They will start in November.

3. In what time you can come to know that province has selected you?
On papers it is 6 months but these days it is damn slow and there's no proper timings.

Thanks in advance.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
visawizard said:
Hi,

Thank you
Yes, you can give your friends address.