+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Chat Group - Ask Any Question (UNRESTRICTED THREAD)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantduggal said:
That's not a problem, your employer cannot deny your employment with them.
But his employer can very easily get rid of him by the very first possibility (with immigration process he will be lost asset for his employer). That is what he is worried about. Especially he does not know how fast will he get nomination and how fast can he go through the federal part.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
sutyfornow said:
Thank you so much my friend... what about the other provinces other than ontario, should i be licensed in order to be nominated by them?
No, it's unrealistic for IRCC or any province except you to get licensed before becoming a permanent resident, as getting licensed is a long process. However, they will expect you to have a plan! What I mean by that is that you will be interviewed at some stage in the process (for OINP you'd likely need to mention this in your letter of intent to settle in Ontario) and during your interview they will ask you how do you plan to get licensed once you become a permanent resident.

Let's say your a doctor and would like to practice medicine, to get your license your probably looking at 6-18 months process (I'm guessing here, could be wrong but you get the idea) where you'll need to show them you're a capable doctor. During this time you'll not be allowed to work as a doctor, so what will you do to earn a living while you're taking the exams to get your license? There maybe some job that is not license that you can do, like a nursing technician (again another guess but you get the idea). You'll need to think about this and have a plan ready otherwise they'll probably reject your application.

Good luck!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
vensak said:
But his employer can very easily get rid of him by the very first possibility (with immigration process he will be lost asset for his employer). That is what he is worried about. Especially he does not know how fast will he get nomination and how fast can he go through the federal part.
You're quite right... some employers will fire their employees as soon as they learn that the employee will leave in soon, as the employer will no longer consider that employee reliable or dependable! May not get fires straight away, but will likely be high on the list of the next cut...

The BEST option here is to explain the situation to your boss and hope he likes you enough to not fire you and give you a good reference if called... But if you fell that's not an option then your only resort is to mention this in a LoE, something like "Please don'y contact my employer as this will probably get me fired because XYZ" and hope they respect your wishes... What I'd like to think would happen is that that OINP will not contact your employer (because at the NoM phase you're still quite a while away from your PR), but IRCC probably will (as by that point your PR is will be due in a short time)...

Mpathsmadd

Jan 11, 2016
Hello Group,

I have a question regarding IELTS Expiry. I have received AOR on July 30th and I am waiting for the PPR. My IELTS gots expired on Nov 1st 2016. Can you please advice whether this affects my nomination. I heard from few of my friends that It will not matter once we get the AOR and application is in Process.

Thanks in Advance.

OINP Nominee,
AOR: 30th July
Medical: Passed
BG: In Progress.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Mpathsmadd said:
Hello Group,

I have a question regarding IELTS Expiry. I have received AOR on July 30th and I am waiting for the PPR. My IELTS gots expired on Nov 1st 2016. Can you please advice whether this affects my nomination. I heard from few of my friends that It will not matter once we get the AOR and application is in Process.

Thanks in Advance.

OINP Nominee,
AOR: 30th July
Medical: Passed
BG: In Progress.
No, you're fine! EVERYTHING (with the exception of your medicals) freezes after your AOR, so they will check if your documents were valid at the date of your AOR and not after that.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hello,
Does anyone have the link to the updated lists for Nov to March? Can you please share those links? I've gone back through quite a few pages but it's really too much :)

Thanks

Anu Kaur

Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

A quick question.

I have done paralegal studies here in Canada and got P1(Paralegal License).
Will i get any additional points for that license?
Like 50 points for certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory?

please advise something.
Thank you!

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
which are the provinces open for applying for demand occupation express entry can i apply in prince edward , my noc is 2174

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
i also have another query i have work exp under two different NOC,noc A and noc o ,both equal time ie: 2 years should i count my work exp as 4 or should i select one? please reply

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
min1 said:
which are the provinces open for applying for demand occupation express entry can i apply in prince edward , my noc is 2174
Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick (also at the moment this one is closed to IT stream). Even if closed now they tend to reopen from time to time.

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Thank you very much .what about alberta,BC ,manitoba etc.is there a link in this forum to bookmark and know when these open i plan to create express entry this dec

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
min1 said:
Thank you very much .what about alberta,BC ,manitoba etc.is there a link in this forum to bookmark and know when these open i plan to create express entry this dec
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Can you please answer the following question regarding age. I am having a question answers email thread with OINP but still not clear about the requirement of maintaining 400 score after I get nominated. My score will drop to less than 400 soon due to age increase after getting PT notification which most probably I will get. OINP said that score drop due to age doesn't count after getting NOI. Age at the time of NOI is considered till I get nomination. But then there is again a requirement of maintaining 400 till applying for PR in IRCC/Federal stage.
I am still not clear about the maintaining 400 score requirement in Federal stage after getting nomination. Will they give me age relaxation/exemption during the Federal stages as well ( i.e. through ITA & ePR stages after the nomination) as they will give me during OINP stage? My points will be certainly less than 400 after getting nomination.
Thanks a lot!
I'm sorry I have tried to ask this question several times on this forum:) Guys who have already answered me several times I'm thankful.

The discussion is below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have a question regarding increase of age and resulting ineligibility in OINP Express Entry.

Now please refer to point 7.2 of your OINP guide book.

"7.2 MAINTAINING A MINIMUM CRS SCORE OF 400
You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.

You should be aware that changes in personal circumstance can affect your CRS score. These include:
Marriage or common-law relationships;
Change in English or French language levels following revised testing; and
Work experience falling out of the eligibility period for the Canadian
Experience Class (i.e., no longer having one year of Canadian work within the last three).

It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you update
your information in the Express Entry portal if there is a change in
your circumstances so that your CRS score is accurately calculated.
If a change in circumstance results in your CRS score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform OINP. If your score falls below 400
before you have been nominated, you must with draw your nominee application. If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already
been nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must
inform OINP of the change in your CRS score, at which point OINP will withdraw your nomination. Note that failure to contact OINP if your
CRS score falls below 400 will result in a refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence by IRCC."

I know that when my age increases and my score goes below 400, I will not be disqualified in OINP stage and I will get a nomination so long as I continue to qualify under all other criteria. That's clear. Ok.

Now the next stage comes i.e. the Federal or IRCC stage. You mentioned above in the guide "If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already been nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must inform OINP of the change in your CRS score at which point
OINP will withdraw your nomination."

My question now is:

So after getting OINP Nomination, same relaxation or exemption will be given to me in the Federal stage (ITA and ePR stages) as well which was given to me in OINP regarding increase of age? My age will increase and my score will surely become less than 400 before getting an ITA or before I apply for permanent residence. Would that then make me ineligible even after getting a nomination from OINP, or would I be eligible till I apply for permanent residence?

Sincerely,
Sam.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
zaksam777 said:
Hi all,

Can you please answer the following question regarding age. I am having a question answers email thread with OINP but still not clear about the requirement of maintaining 400 score after I get nominated. My score will drop to less than 400 soon due to age increase after getting PT notification which most probably I will get. OINP said that score drop due to age doesn't count after getting NOI. Age at the time of NOI is considered till I get nomination. But then there is again a requirement of maintaining 400 till applying for PR in IRCC/Federal stage.
I am still not clear about the maintaining 400 score requirement in Federal stage after getting nomination. Will they give me age relaxation/exemption during the Federal stages as well ( i.e. through ITA & ePR stages after the nomination) as they will give me during OINP stage? My points will be certainly less than 400 after getting nomination.
Thanks a lot!
I'm sorry I have tried to ask this question several times on this forum:) Guys who have already answered me several times I'm thankful.

The discussion is below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have a question regarding increase of age and resulting ineligibility in OINP Express Entry.

Now please refer to point 7.2 of your OINP guide book.

"7.2 MAINTAINING A MINIMUM CRS SCORE OF 400
You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.

You should be aware that changes in personal circumstance can affect your CRS score. These include:
Marriage or common-law relationships;
Change in English or French language levels following revised testing; and
Work experience falling out of the eligibility period for the Canadian
Experience Class (i.e., no longer having one year of Canadian work within the last three).

It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you update
your information in the Express Entry portal if there is a change in
your circumstances so that your CRS score is accurately calculated.
If a change in circumstance results in your CRS score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform OINP. If your score falls below 400
before you have been nominated, you must with draw your nominee application. If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already
been nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must
inform OINP of the change in your CRS score, at which point OINP will withdraw your nomination. Note that failure to contact OINP if your
CRS score falls below 400 will result in a refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence by IRCC."

I know that when my age increases and my score goes below 400, I will not be disqualified in OINP stage and I will get a nomination so long as I continue to qualify under all other criteria. That's clear. Ok.

Now the next stage comes i.e. the Federal or IRCC stage. You mentioned above in the guide "If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already been nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must inform OINP of the change in your CRS score at which point
OINP will withdraw your nomination."

My question now is:

So after getting OINP Nomination, same relaxation or exemption will be given to me in the Federal stage (ITA and ePR stages) as well which was given to me in OINP regarding increase of age? My age will increase and my score will surely become less than 400 before getting an ITA or before I apply for permanent residence. Would that then make me ineligible even after getting a nomination from OINP, or would I be eligible till I apply for permanent residence?

Sincerely,
Sam.
Short answer: YES! Don't worry about age...

If you drop below 400 due to age that's fine AT ANY STAGE... What can't happen is: you cannot drop below 400 because you scored lower on your IELTS when you retook, or, you've added an additional applicant and so have dropped below 400... In short, the only drop below 400 which is tolerated is age!

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Short answer: YES! Don't worry about age...

If you drop below 400 due to age that's fine AT ANY STAGE... What can't happen is: you cannot drop below 400 because you scored lower on your IELTS when you retook, or, you've added an additional applicant and so have dropped below 400... In short, the only drop below 400 which is tolerated is age!
Thank you g126