15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
waqar001 said:
Thank you, I don't have access to my blood test results as I was doing the medical on upfront basis. However, Instead of waiting till Monday, I did the blood test today at the private hospital lab. I informed the lab operator about my immigration situation. I will be getting the results tomorrow and then hopefully it will be a good news since OMI representative on the phone call also said there is no disease and it is routine check. I am hoping that they forgot to test some stuff that resulted in them asking me to redo the test as I had gone through CBC blood test in late 2014 and early 2015 and there was no such thing found. I even had gone through medical test for Australian student visa in 2014 and there was no problem at that time either. God help me please.
It could be any number of things and it could be that they simply messed up and want another sample... no use in worrying about it now, just make sure you have access to the results in the future so that you have an ideia why. Relax and keep us updates! Godspeed freind.

waqar001

Star Member
Nov 15, 2012
g126 said:
It could be any number of things and it could be that they simply messed up and want another sample... no use in worrying about it now, just make sure you have access to the results in the future so that you have an ideia why. Relax and keep us updates! Godspeed freind.
Guys juts got the report for Syphisis (RPR), it is normal - Non reactive with no comments about anything even hint for conducting FTA test which is basically conducted if RPR is positive. Waiting for HIV, Hepatitis B and C test results.

I wonder if all these reports are fine than why would they call me to redo the blood test??? (Note I did self-blood test from one of the most prestigious laboratory in Karachi (Aga Khan Hospital) so I would very much doubt if OMI gets any other results. Let see what they have to tell me on Monday.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
The curious Case of continuous employment:

Employer 1 : May 27, 2014 - May 25, 2015 (one day short of exact one year).

Employer 2: June 20, 2015 -Sep 06, 2016 (received PT from OINP on Jan 18, 2016, so not exactly one year ).

Procedural fairness letter:
If you choose to qualify under the FSWP criteria, you will also be assessed against
CIC’s six selection factors to ensure you meet the minimum of 67 points for the FSWP.
The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your
application indicates that some of the above criteria may not have been met.
Specifically:
1. Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time
employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time
paid work experience in a national Occupation Classification (NOC) 0, A, or B
occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest
from Ontario.
o The information provided in your application suggests that none of the
positions listed in your application meets the required minimum of one
continuous year (12 complete months) of full-time employment in the five
years prior to the date of the Notification of Interest from Ontario, January
18, 2016.
2. Your application may not meet the minimum of 67 points for CIC’s six selection
factors for the FSWP. This is calculated against the information and
documentation in the application, including information regarding the work
experience requirements noted in item 1 above, as well as information submitted
regarding other criteria.
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide additional information
or documentation to support that your application satisfies program criteria. Should the
program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your application will be
assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to the refusal of your
application.
1. Please provide proof of one complete year of continuous and full-time
occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest
from Ontario.
2. Additional information to support your application meets the 67 points as
assessed against CIC’s six selection factors.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

However, I have 52 complete weeks of work experience with at least 40 hours a week even though I fall short of one exact year. Does anyone think such an explanation would suffice. Your suggestions are much awaited. Thanks in advance

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pjk said:
Any suggestions for Medical tests in Hyderabad. Which one would be good?
Centre for Migration Medicine (CMM)
#8-2-293/HH/89,
Road No 12,
Banjara Hills,MLA Colony
Hyderabad 500034

Directions –
1. On Banjara Hills Rd.#12, take the lane that leads to Anti-Corruption Bureau head office.
2. Follow the road to the end and take a left turn.
3. Continue following the road as it takes a natural right and then left turn
4. At the police post, take a right turn
5. Follow the road till you see a big yellow building on the right

Call 8500777000/040-23607770 for further directions if required.

Canada4us

Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2017
Doc's Request.
upfront
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
AGENTOO7 said:

Employer 2: June 20, 2015 -Sep 06, 2016 (received PT from OINP on Jan 18, 2016, so not exactly one year ).

If you choose to qualify under the FSWP criteria, you will also be assessed against
CIC’s six selection factors to ensure you meet the minimum of 67 points for the FSWP.
The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your
Specifically:
1. Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time
from Ontario.
18, 2016.
2. Your application may not meet the minimum of 67 points for CIC’s six selection
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide additional information
or documentation to support that your application satisfies program criteria. Should the
program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your application will be
assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to the refusal of your
application.
from Ontario.

However, I have 52 complete weeks of work experience with at least 40 hours a week even though I fall short of one exact year. Does anyone think such an explanation would suffice. Your suggestions are much awaited. Thanks in advance
Emphasise the number of hours work...as well as the number of weeks completed....one day short of a year, that's ruthless!!
Good luck!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
AGENTOO7 said:

Specifically:
from Ontario.
18, 2016.
application.
from Ontario.

I'm very sorry about this, but unfortunately they have been very specific about what requirement you don't meet and it looks like they are right. The criteria is here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Unless you can provide evidence you have been employed at the same company for more than 12 months in the same job they have grounds to refuse you. To make matters worse they have meet their 2016 allocation/quota so they will probably refuse you... As Canada4us said, it's ruthless and without quote it's going to be like this...

How about before 2014? Since 2011 have you not been employed continuously in the same company for at least 12 months? Ideally you need to be employed for 12 months + vacation time, so if you have 1 month of paid vacation a year then you need to show you've been continuously employed for 13 months... I have seen similar PFLs to yours given to people who had just over a year of employment, they claimed that the vacation period you're entitled to is not WE and the burden of proving that you didn't take your entitled vacation fall on you (so it's arguable at least, unlike your current situation).

Remember, a reply to a PFL is looked at by a new officer, so if as a HAIL MARY you can try to appeal to his/her compassion.... You can say something along the lines of working more that 1560 hours in the first job and that over looking the PT NOI date you have held a position form more than a year in your second job... But remember to appeal to compassion as unfortunately you've failed to meet the minimum criteria. Good luck!

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
g126 said:
I'm very sorry about this, but unfortunately they have been very specific about what requirement you don't meet and it looks like they are right. The criteria is here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Unless you can provide evidence you have been employed at the same company for more than 12 months in the same job they have grounds to refuse you. To make matters worse they have meet their 2016 allocation/quota so they will probably refuse you... As Canada4us said, it's ruthless and without quote it's going to be like this...

How about before 2014? Since 2011 have you not been employed continuously in the same company for at least 12 months? Ideally you need to be employed for 12 months + vacation time, so if you have 1 month of paid vacation a year then you need to show you've been continuously employed for 13 months... I have seen similar PFLs to yours given to people who had just over a year of employment, they claimed that the vacation period you're entitled to is not WE and the burden of proving that you didn't take your entitled vacation fall on you (so it's arguable at least, unlike your current situation).

Remember, a reply to a PFL is looked at by a new officer, so if as a HAIL MARY you can try to appeal to his/her compassion.... You can say something along the lines of working more that 1560 hours in the first job and that over looking the PT NOI date you have held a position form more than a year in your second job... But remember to appeal to compassion as unfortunately you've failed to meet the minimum criteria. Good luck!
No, you didn't get the CIC requirements.one continuous year of work experience is stated as 30 hours per week of full time employment with total of 1,560 hours. One year has 365 standard calendar days. 364 days = 52 weeks (364/7), so 365 days = 52 weeks + 1 day; 52 weeks * 30 hours/week = 1,560 hours , so you will clock 1,560 even if you fall couple of days short of 365 calendar days if you work for 30 hours in the week 52. However, CIC counts only 30 hours a week even if you work more than that.So, Im of the opinion that I have met the requirement as far as I see how CIC defined one year, as I have worked for at least 40 hours a week , for 52 continuous weeks in 12 months. So , I clocked 1,560 hours even when calculated as 30 hours per week for 52 complete weeks. Also, if your refer to operational bulletin 173,(Google it) it states that short gaps in employment between jobs are acceptable, however it didn't state any specific period that constitutes a short gap. The gap between jobs for me is only 25 days, less than a month so I requested them to consider my whole experience of 1 year 6 months and 27 days till the date I received a PT notification. Don't know what I will end up with yet.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AGENTOO7 said:
No, you didn't get the CIC requirements.one continuous year of work experience is stated as 30 hours per week of full time employment with total of 1,560 hours. One year has 365 standard calendar days. 364 days = 52 weeks (364/7), so 365 days = 52 weeks + 1 day; 52 weeks * 30 hours/week = 1,560 hours , so you will clock 1,560 even if you fall couple of days short of 365 calendar days if you work for 30 hours in the week 52. However, CIC counts only 30 hours a week even if you work more than that.So, Im of the opinion that I have met the requirement as far as I see how CIC defined week for I worked for at least 40 hours a week , for 52 continuous weeks in 12 months. So , I clocked 1,560 hours even when calculated as 30 hours per week for 52 complete weeks. Also, if your refer to operational bulletin 173,(Google it) it states that short gaps in employment between jobs are acceptable, however it didn't state any specific period that constitutes a short gap. The gap between jobs for me is only 25 days, less than a month so I requested them to consider my whole experience of 1 year 6 months and 27 days till the date I received a PT notification. Don't how with what I will end up with yet.
See, whatever you have said is theoretically correct and is possible.

However, you should understand that the Operational Bulletin 173 has expired. It is not longer in force.

Check a more recent link here -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

Here, click on the link "Assessing against minimum requirements" (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp)

Here, you can see that there is no mention of any considerations for not meeting the "continuous" requirement or for the duration of work required. It says you need 12 months experience which means July 10, 2015 - July 10, 2016 for instance. IMO, however, the officer can exercise discretion to accept minor deviations (Again this is only my opinion).

Hope you succeeded in getting your PR. Good luck and all the very best!

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
See, whatever you have said is theoretically correct and is possible.

However, you should understand that the Operational Bulletin 173 has expired. It is not longer in force.

Check a more recent link here -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

Here, click on the link "Assessing against minimum requirements" (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp)

Here, you can see that there is no mention of any considerations for not meeting the "continuous" requirement or for the duration of work required. It says you need 12 months experience which means July 10, 2015 - July 10, 2016 for instance. IMO, however, the officer can exercise discretion to accept minor deviations (Again this is only my opinion).

Hope you succeeded in getting your PR. Good luck and all the very best!
I'm aware that operational bulletin 173 is now expired. However, I tried to pitch my case in two ways , one that since one year is not defined as 365 days anywhere either by OINP or CIC , and that my experience with my first employer meets the 30 hours /week and 1,560 hours as defined in FSW requirements and that the gap between two jobs , is less than a month and as since there was an evidence in the form of the operational bulletin that short break in continuity is acceptable , so keeping inline with spirit of the principle that they have operated on I wanted them to consider my total experience of 1 year 6 months 27 days till the date I have received PT notification of interest continuous.Thanks for your wishes , I hope so as well.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
AGENTOO7 said:
No, you didn't get the CIC requirements.one continuous year of work experience is stated as 30 hours per week of full time employment with total of 1,560 hours. One year has 365 standard calendar days. 364 days = 52 weeks (364/7), so 365 days = 52 weeks + 1 day; 52 weeks * 30 hours/week = 1,560 hours , so you will clock 1,560 even if you fall couple of days short of 365 calendar days if you work for 30 hours in the week 52. However, CIC counts only 30 hours a week even if you work more than that.So, Im of the opinion that I have met the requirement as far as I see how CIC defined one year, as I have worked for at least 40 hours a week , for 52 continuous weeks in 12 months. So , I clocked 1,560 hours even when calculated as 30 hours per week for 52 complete weeks. Also, if your refer to operational bulletin 173,(Google it) it states that short gaps in employment between jobs are acceptable, however it didn't state any specific period that constitutes a short gap. The gap between jobs for me is only 25 days, less than a month so I requested them to consider my whole experience of 1 year 6 months and 27 days till the date I received a PT notification. Don't know what I will end up with yet.
Fact is you have worked enough hours to surpass the 1560 requirement, but not enough months to surpass the 12 month requirement. Both need to be met and are not mutually exclusive.

AGENTOO7 said:
I'm aware that operational bulletin 173 is now expired. However, I tried to pitch my case in two ways , one that since one year is not defined as 365 days anywhere either by OINP or CIC , and that my experience with my first employer meets the 30 hours /week and 1,560 hours as defined in FSW requirements and that the gap between two jobs , is less than a month and as since there was an evidence in the form of the operational bulletin that short break in continuity is acceptable , so keeping inline with spirit of the principle that they have operated on I wanted them to consider my total experience of 1 year 6 months 27 days till the date I have received PT notification of interest continuous.Thanks for your wishes , I hope so as well.
I hope you get the nomination and the officer exercises his discretion in your favor, as missing a requirement by so little is a real tough break, but my suggestion is to appeal to his/her compassion as you need their discretion in your favor.

Good luck and keep us updated!

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
g126 said:
Fact is you have worked enough hours to surpass the 1560 requirement, but not enough months to surpass the 12 month requirement. Both need to be met and are not mutually exclusive.

I hope you get the nomination and the officer exercises his discretion in your favor, as missing a requirement by so little is a real tough break, but my suggestion is to appeal to his/her compassion as you need their discretion in your favor.

Good luck and keep us updated!

My point being it is not stated in the OINP application guide or CIC FSW requirements that 365 calendar days constitute one year. I wish that both 12 complete months and 1560 hours are not needed . I might be wrong but had that been the case, i still don't understand as to why they have defined it in an ambiguous manner. I have already sent them my response and I too hope that the decision shall be a positive one and yes I will keep you updated.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
AGENTOO7 said:
My point being it is not stated in the OINP application guide or CIC FSW requirements state that 365 calendar days constitute one year. I wish that 12 complete months and 1560 both are not mandatory.
I hear you friend! In fact when you first read the requirements - http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp - it seems that all you need to meet is the 1560 hours.

But from your PFL it's clear that the officer's understanding of the requirements is that you needed to work for at least 12 months continuously doing at least 30 hours per week. So he is literally taking the "at least a year" to mean 12 months/52 weeks/365 days.

This probably comes from that basic check most interviewers or resumee/CV selectors do - Has the candidate been able to hold a job for more than 12 months? If not then he's unreliable... I don't personally agree with this, but I've seen the criteria used many times. Think about this when replying and try to put yourself in the shoes of a reviewer with this mentality... How would you convince him that this is not your case? You are reliable, etc.

Techincally your answer above (about OP Buleting 173) is sound (with the mild exception that OP B 173 has expired), but add the human element in there... put the guy at ease that you're reliable, you can hold a job for longer that 12 months and you're heartbroken that you've been considered to have not met the requirements by one day even tough you have much more hours of work than needed, etc.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
g126 said:
I hear you friend! In fact when you first read the requirements - http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp - it seems that all you need to meet is the 1560 hours.

But from your PFL it's clear that the officer's understanding of the requirements is that you needed to work for at least 12 months continuously doing at least 30 hours per week. So he is literally taking the "at least a year" to mean 12 months/52 weeks/365 days.

This probably comes from that basic check most interviewers or resumee/CV selectors do - Has the candidate been able to hold a job for more than 12 months? If not then he's unreliable... I don't personally agree with this, but I've seen the criteria used many times. Think about this when replying and try to put yourself in the shoes of a reviewer with this mentality... How would you convince him that this is not your case? You are reliable, etc.

Techincally your answer above (about OP Buleting 173) is sound (with the mild exception that OP B 173 has expired), but add the human element in there... put the guy at ease that you're reliable, you can hold a job for longer that 12 months and you're heartbroken that you've been considered to have not met the requirements by one day even tough you have much more hours of work than needed, etc.
Yes, I get that from the PFL, that officer wants 12 months of work experience. I responded to it by citing FSW requirements and OINP requirements, by splitting my tenure with my first employer into weeks and showing that I have worked for straight 52 weeks with at least 30 hours a week and clocked over 1,560 hours in 12 months and also requested him/her to consider my total experience as till date of PT notification as continuous citing operational bulletin 173( in the operational spirit of that) . I am not sure of the outcome though, fingers crossed. Do you have any idea as to how long would they take to give their final decision? Would I receive any acknowledgement for the email I have sent ? It's getting more complicated and frustrating with each passing day. Good thing is I have clocked 1 year and 2 months with my second employer and will finish 3 years of experience by this May , so my CRS will become 475 from 450. Hope one way or other I will secure an ITA.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
AGENTOO7 said:
Yes, I get that from the PFL, that officer wants 12 months of work experience. I responded to it by citing FSW requirements and OINP requirements, by splitting my tenure with my first employer into weeks and showing that I have worked for straight 52 weeks with at least 30 hours a week and clocked over 1,560 hours in 12 months and also requested him/her to consider my total experience as till date of PT notification as continuous citing operational bulletin 173( in the operational spirit of that) . I am not sure of the outcome though, fingers crossed. Do you have any idea as to how long would they take to give their final decision? Would I receive any acknowledgement for the email I have sent ? It's getting more complicated and frustrating with each passing day. Good thing is I have clocked 1 year and 2 months with my second employer and will finish 3 years of experience by this May , so my CRS will become 475 from 450. Hope one way or other I will secure an ITA.
PFL decisions vary a lot from applicant to applicant. There are people that got PFL in OCT and still haven't heard back. There are others that within 2 weeks get a NoM.

Anyway, I can understand it would be nice to get the NoM, but with 475 you'll probably get ITA in MAY so wouldn't fret too much over the nom...

waqar001

Star Member
Nov 15, 2012
g126 said:
Done all medical, it was Hepatitis B antigens that came positive in my report. Therefore, consulted the doctors and they conducted intensive medical checks almost 9 tests including ultrasound of abdomen. Report says that although I am Hepatitis B positive however my viral load is 93 which is too low to be treated and it is likely that it will go away within two to six months. I asked doctor about any medication should I take he said in my case Hepatitis Be Ab is active not Hepatitis Be AG and that Active Hepatitis Be AB means that person is immune to Hepatitis however virus did enter into the body but body immune system has been reactivated and it will go away in few weeks.

I spoke to my consultant, he said we will go ahead with the application and explain all the things in the application and as embassy takes six months or maybe more to process the application, during this time we will monitor HBV level and ensure that if Embassy does call us for the medical than it will be negative.

Any suggestion guys, please