+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Applications delivered in February 2016 ~~> Let's connect here

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a question,

Do I need to translate bank statements from my local bank in my home country? OINP asked me to provide bank statements from back home to support and confirm my work experience and the statements are not in English nor French?????

Please any thoughts

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hanan22 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question,

Do I need to translate bank statements from my local bank in my home country? OINP asked me to provide bank statements from back home to support and confirm my work experience and the statements are not in English nor French?????

Please any thoughts
Yes you do... but you can try replying back to the ADR and asking if it's OK to submit it in the original language, depending on your officer he may allow it since they are just interested in the numbers. I know of one person in Jan that got away with this...

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hanan22 said:
Thank you a lot but I only have 5 days and I am not sure if they will ever response!
Well I suggest you ask them and if they don't reply in 24 hours then go ahead and get them translated.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Yes you do... but you can try replying back to the ADR and asking if it's OK to submit it in the original language, depending on your officer he may allow it since they are just interested in the numbers. I know of one person in Jan that got away with this...
g126, I will recommend translating the statements. You do not want to take risk at this stage.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
syedahraza said:
g126, I will recommend translating the statements. You do not want to take risk at this stage.
If he/she asks the officer and he is willing to accept then as is (like with my Brazilian colleague in the Jan thread) then he/she may save quite a bit of money and time with the translations. That's providing the officer is nice enough to respond and accept. In this case, if he accepts, then there is no risk... ;)

But ideally all documents should be translated as per OINP guidelines.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hanan22 said:
thanx guys ; I am trying to call them but they never pick up the phone :-[
Don't call them! Reply the the ADR email with the question, that way your response will go straight to your officer... If you call there is no garantee you'll speak to your officer and the person will probably just give you the default answer - All docs need to be translated.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hanan22 said:
thank you guys
I just moved to a new city how I can find translators accepted by OINP???
Google - type your city name and certified translator (or public sworn translator) preferable in local language should be a great place to start.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
he asked me for $100 for only 3 papers most of them are in English except the line that says what is the deposit like salary or so !

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hanan22 said:
he asked me for $100 for only 3 papers most of them are in English except the line that says what is the deposit like salary or so !
I know.. it's very expensive, that's why I suggested that you try reaching out to you officer to see if he would accept as is, after all it's just numbers right?

If it's any consolation I've spent more than $1500 CAD just in translations up to this point and I'm expecting that to go up with the ITA (more docs to translate ???)

As a last resort, but I wouldn't recommend this, you could just send as is and a LoE explaining what lines pertain to your salary and saying that you couldn't find a suitable translator in te allotted time, but if they really require a translated version to send you another ADR and you'll do your best to comply. Again, I think this is risky as you officer may just ignore your submitted docs and you could get a PFL for failing to provide the requested docs as per OINP guidelines (which state they must be translated by a certified translator)... Up to you!

parihaa

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2016
Nomination.....
February 28, 2017
AOR Received.
August 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

Today I received an email requesting additional documents for my OINP application. I should say they have asked for A LOT OF additional documents, most of which I can provide easily, but I have some questions about two of them. So I ask my questions first (in blue) and then at the end I will give a list of other documents that are requested just for sharing info (in green).

So my biggest concern is regarding work experience. I am a PhD student here in Ontario and have applied with my TA/RA work, which I have had since Jan 2013. The work experience letter I had included from the head of my department (i.e., my employer) does explain that my employment has been continuous and because of the nature of our job the hours I have worked and the payments I have received are varied throughout the period of employment. But the email from OINP asks that I explain all the gaps in my employment. There are particularly two months during summer 2013 that I didn't TA and my payroll shows 0 earning. I was wondering if there is a way to explain this by reference to the nature of the job. This is not a big problem, because even if I don't count the work before summer 2013, I sill do have 1560 hours if I count my RAships and my instructorships. But the problem with these is that the number of hours worked for these is not listed nicely in my payroll (you should infer it from the $ paid, etc). So I am wondering if someone could share their experience with explaining any gaps in their paychecks. I just have no idea how strict they are about this. I was hoping that my employer's mentioning that my employment has been continuous would be enough, but I am not sure anymore.

The other question I have is about showing intent to reside in Ontario. The email from OINP says I should submit "written statement explaining ties established in Ontario and intention to reside in the province", but I had already included in my application. They also ask that I submit the following: "Information/ documentation in support of your intention to reside in Ontario such as evidence of Ontario Labour Market Research, employment prospects for jobs related to your experience, job search/leads, any communications with employers in Ontario with potential job offers/ opportunities related to your professional background and experience." Because I live in Toronto, I was kind of hoping that showing intent to live in Ontario would be easy. But now it seems like it's going to be difficult to prove intent, particularly because my area is Philosophy and the only kind of job I can go into is academic, and academic job market just doesn't work by you contacting employers (not to mention the prospects of getting a position in Toronto or any particular place of your choosing are not so good). You apply for many many jobs AFTER you graduate, and there is really no point in contacting the employers directly. Also, I don't know if it would help or hurt my case to explain the situation in my intent letter, because the job I have applied under is TA/RA (4012), and the kind of job I will have after I finish my PhD is a bit different (lecturer/professor=4011). So I wonder if I am overthinking this or I should worry. How easy/difficult has it been for other people to show intent? I would really appreciate it if you could share your experience.

Alright, the rest of my post is just sharing info.

1) my IELTS results had expired in October, which resulted in my EE profile becoming ineligible for a while. Although I stressed so much over it, it seems like the fact that my EE profile was ineligible wasn't a big deal. Their email asks that I take IELTS again and send them my new results and info about my new EE profile, which I have already done. (The email only gives me 15 days for sending all the additional documents).

2) Education: they ask that I authorize WES to share my ECA reports.

3) Work experience: Aside from explaining the gaps, they ask for bank statements showing the payroll deposits as well as my tax slips

4) Bank statements for the last 5 months

5) Legal status: The study permit I sent them when I applied in February is now expired. So they are asking that I send my renewed study permit.

Thank you so much in advance and good luck to everyone!

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parihaa said:
Hi everyone,

Today I received an email requesting additional documents for my OINP application. I should say they have asked for A LOT OF additional documents, most of which I can provide easily, but I have some questions about two of them. So I ask my questions first (in blue) and then at the end I will give a list of other documents that are requested just for sharing info (in green).

So my biggest concern is regarding work experience. I am a PhD student here in Ontario and have applied with my TA/RA work, which I have had since Jan 2013. The work experience letter I had included from the head of my department (i.e., my employer) does explain that my employment has been continuous and because of the nature of our job the hours I have worked and the payments I have received are varied throughout the period of employment. But the email from OINP asks that I explain all the gaps in my employment. There are particularly two months during summer 2013 that I didn't TA and my payroll shows 0 earning. I was wondering if there is a way to explain this by reference to the nature of the job. This is not a big problem, because even if I don't count the work before summer 2013, I sill do have 1560 hours if I count my RAships and my instructorships. But the problem with these is that the number of hours worked for these is not listed nicely in my payroll (you should infer it from the $ paid, etc). So I am wondering if someone could share their experience with explaining any gaps in their paychecks. I just have no idea how strict they are about this. I was hoping that my employer's mentioning that my employment has been continuous would be enough, but I am not sure anymore.

The other question I have is about showing intent to reside in Ontario. The email from OINP says I should submit "written statement explaining ties established in Ontario and intention to reside in the province", but I had already included in my application. They also ask that I submit the following: "Information/ documentation in support of your intention to reside in Ontario such as evidence of Ontario Labour Market Research, employment prospects for jobs related to your experience, job search/leads, any communications with employers in Ontario with potential job offers/ opportunities related to your professional background and experience." Because I live in Toronto, I was kind of hoping that showing intent to live in Ontario would be easy. But now it seems like it's going to be difficult to prove intent, particularly because my area is Philosophy and the only kind of job I can go into is academic, and academic job market just doesn't work by you contacting employers (not to mention the prospects of getting a position in Toronto or any particular place of your choosing are not so good). You apply for many many jobs AFTER you graduate, and there is really no point in contacting the employers directly. Also, I don't know if it would help or hurt my case to explain the situation in my intent letter, because the job I have applied under is TA/RA (4012), and the kind of job I will have after I finish my PhD is a bit different (lecturer/professor=4011). So I wonder if I am overthinking this or I should worry. How easy/difficult has it been for other people to show intent? I would really appreciate it if you could share your experience.

Alright, the rest of my post is just sharing info.

1) my IELTS results had expired in October, which resulted in my EE profile becoming ineligible for a while. Although I stressed so much over it, it seems like the fact that my EE profile was ineligible wasn't a big deal. Their email asks that I take IELTS again and send them my new results and info about my new EE profile, which I have already done. (The email only gives me 15 days for sending all the additional documents).

2) Education: they ask that I authorize WES to share my ECA reports.

3) Work experience: Aside from explaining the gaps, they ask for bank statements showing the payroll deposits as well as my tax slips

4) Bank statements for the last 5 months

5) Legal status: The study permit I sent them when I applied in February is now expired. So they are asking that I send my renewed study permit.

Thank you so much in advance and good luck to everyone!
@parihaa,

I am a similar candidate for PNP but I had foreign experience as lecturer in a university so I applied as FSW inland. Kindly note that it is difficult to show work experience while you are on study permit as the sole purpose of the permit is to study. The TA/RAship as most of the PhD students do will not count towards your work experience, unless you are on work permit. You are lucky if OINP is considering you for nomination. Wait for seniors to answer your query.