+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP 2017 Masters and PHD Stream ONLY!!-----> JOIN HERE

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Hello Josh_math:

It takes two days for most of us. Congratulations!

Josh_math said:
By the way, has someone in the forum already received the nomination letter? how long does it take from approved status to receive the letter (if anyone already got it) ?

Weststarr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SRSLY that stream was open for 3 hrs ;O?

TinTino

Jul 6, 2015
My status has just changed to approved from OINP this morning. PhD stream, submitted on Feb 24th, 2017, DIP: March 13, 2017. Thank you everyone. God bless us all.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
On the document tab it says " Certified true copy of degree". Do i have to do it from my school or from lawyer?

Hozai

May 2, 2017
Hello, Guys!
Question. Do Ph.D. applicants need the English test after getting the nomination in order to get into the express entry?
I am confused, as it was not a requirement for the nomination! Please, someone, help me figuring this out!

TGBeau

May 1, 2017
lovedeepsingh said:
On the document tab it says " Certified true copy of degree". Do i have to do it from my school or from lawyer?
I got mine certified from my school.

joyliu134

Feb 23, 2017
I have a question. I received the nomination letter last week. I am now preparing for the paper based application. Do I have to wait for the police clearance before mailing my application package? or I can just mail without it and wait until the officer asks me to provide the police clearance? Thank you!

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
Hozai said:
Hello, Guys!
Question. Do Ph.D. applicants need the English test after getting the nomination in order to get into the express entry?
I am confused, as it was not a requirement for the nomination! Please, someone, help me figuring this out!
Hi Hozai

People nominated under the PhD stream cannot apply to express entry. The nomination letter says explicitly "Please note that this nominations is not valid for IRCC express Entry program".

You should apply for the PR with a paper-based, non-express entry application. You do not need English test for that application.

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
lovedeepsingh said:
In my case I went to student services, they told me they can provide a verified copy of the degree but not a certified true copy as only a notary can issue those certified true copies. Fortunately in the faculty of law of my university they provide that service. I got it from the faculty of law. Some friends got it from lawyers who provide notarized copies (not every lawyer can do that as far as I know).

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
joyliu134 said:
I have a question. I received the nomination letter last week. I am now preparing for the paper based application. Do I have to wait for the police clearance before mailing my application package? or I can just mail without it and wait until the officer asks me to provide the police clearance? Thank you!
Hi

It depends on the country from where you are citizen and if you are living there or abroad. For some countries you are requested to provide the police certificate after you submit your PR application (like Mexico for example), for some other countries you need to included the police certificate together with your PR application (like Iran for example). On the CIC website look for the page "How to get a police certificate" and you will find instructions for each country.

xuebowen021

Jan 19, 2017
Hi Everyone, I got my confirmation number on May 1st, but when I start to fill the application, I found that I make a mistake for my name. My first name is Bowen and Last name is Xue, but I write my last name Xue in the first name column, and first name Bowen in the last name column. Could I send a request to OINP to correct the name? How long it should update to the correct name in my profile? Will it not affect my application or I need to wait the correct name update and submit my application? Thank you!

joyliu134

Feb 23, 2017
Josh_math said:
Hi

It depends on the country from where you are citizen and if you are living there or abroad. For some countries you are requested to provide the police certificate after you submit your PR application (like Mexico for example), for some other countries you need to included the police certificate together with your PR application (like Iran for example). On the CIC website look for the page "How to get a police certificate" and you will find instructions for each country.
I checked it on the website you mentioned. Thank you so much for you help! ;)

spife

Star Member
May 19, 2015
xuebowen021 said:
Hi Everyone, I got my confirmation number on May 1st, but when I start to fill the application, I found that I make a mistake for my name. My first name is Bowen and Last name is Xue, but I write my last name Xue in the first name column, and first name Bowen in the last name column. Could I send a request to OINP to correct the name? How long it should update to the correct name in my profile? Will it not affect my application or I need to wait the correct name update and submit my application? Thank you!
You should totally contact OINP, wrong names are bad