OINP 2017 Masters and PHD Stream ONLY!!-----> JOIN HERE

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
MathToStat said:
Hello Josh_math:

It takes two days for most of us. Congratulations!
Thanks MathToStat. You were right, I got it today. Very fast. They delivered it by courier.

Cannis

Jun 13, 2016
Josh_math said:
Hi Hozai

People nominated under the PhD stream cannot apply to express entry. The nomination letter says explicitly "Please note that this nominations is not valid for IRCC express Entry program".

You should apply for the PR with a paper-based, non-express entry application. You do not need English test for that application.
Hi Josh_math. I saw your reply to Hozai.

Is the English test an requirement for Master Stream program? It is mentioned in the application guide. Section 2.2
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_app_guide_masters_010517.pdf

Do you need to provide the IELTs or CELPIP certificate number/results when you apply via OINP e-Filing Portal?

Thanks!!

cluster

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2017
Nomination.....
PNP Ontario
AOR Received.
Waiting...
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 2018
VISA ISSUED...
January 2018
LANDED..........
Ottawa - January 2018
lovedeepsingh said:
On the document tab it says " Certified true copy of degree". Do i have to do it from my school or from lawyer?
Go to Carleton registrar office with your original degree. Tell them you need certified true copy. They will take 15 minutes and do it for free

indersid

Jun 22, 2013
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2014
IELTS Request
15/03/2014
File Transfer...
11/11/2014
Med's Done....
1/11/2014
VISA ISSUED...
17/11/2014
Hello everyone, is anyone showing proof of funds from indian bank account. I am applying OINP in masters scheme and my funds are in indian bank account, I have some question regarding that.
Looking forward to hearing from someone.
Regards

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
Cannis said:
Hi Josh_math. I saw your reply to Hozai.

Is the English test an requirement for Master Stream program? It is mentioned in the application guide. Section 2.2

Do you need to provide the IELTs or CELPIP certificate number/results when you apply via OINP e-Filing Portal?

Thanks!!
Hi Cannis, yes, English test is a must for the Master stream. I applied to the PhD stream and English test is not required for that. I was never required to provide IELTS score (or any other) on the e-Filling portal.

cluster

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2017
Nomination.....
PNP Ontario
AOR Received.
Waiting...
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 2018
VISA ISSUED...
January 2018
LANDED..........
Ottawa - January 2018
indersid said:
Hello everyone, is anyone showing proof of funds from indian bank account. I am applying OINP in masters scheme and my funds are in indian bank account, I have some question regarding that.
Looking forward to hearing from someone.
Regards
Yes, I showed proof of funds from Indian bank.
I just downloaded my bank statement from past 6 months and submitted it. I also asked my bank to provide me a "solvency certificate" for my funds. I got this letter in 2 days from bank.

Jwitness

Mar 31, 2017
Hi all,

I got approved in April 28th, but am yet to receive my certificate of nomination. Does it take this long? Has anyone experienced this delay? Thanks!

Hozai

May 2, 2017
Josh_math said:
Hi Cannis, yes, English test is a must for the Master stream. I applied to the PhD stream and English test is not required for that. I was never required to provide IELTS score (or any other) on the e-Filling portal.
Thanks Josh for your reply. I was reading in the checklist IMM5690E and it is a little confusing as it is for many different streams. In 12 it says:

12. Proof of Language Proficiency
Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions
that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language
proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:
• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC

Or I can skip this?

Also if I have stayed in Canada in the past 5 years, do I have to include a "Police Certificates and Clearances" ? Or its more for people applying from outside?

Thanks!!!

Hozai

May 2, 2017
Hello guys,

After getting the nomination letter in mail, the next step is to follow the link there to find the related forms we need to fill for the paper-based application.. The confusing part is that the checklist form IMM5690E is a general one. It includes requirements for many different streams including Quebec!

For PhDs applicants, has anyone managed to identify which parts of the checklist are relevant to us? For instance, i dont think we will have to follow number 12: English tests..

Any thoughts, please? Is there a phone number to call?

Thanks and good luck for all! :)

Feb 21, 2017
Jwitness said:
Hi all,

I got approved in April 28th, but am yet to receive my certificate of nomination. Does it take this long? Has anyone experienced this delay? Thanks!

Call them and they will give you the tracking number if that has sent. I got approved May.1st and they just send it out yesterday

Mar 18, 2017
Hozai said:
Thanks Josh for your reply. I was reading in the checklist IMM5690E and it is a little confusing as it is for many different streams. In 12 it says:

12. Proof of Language Proficiency
Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions
that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language
proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:
• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC

Or I can skip this?

Also if I have stayed in Canada in the past 5 years, do I have to include a "Police Certificates and Clearances" ? Or its more for people applying from outside?

Thanks!!!
Hi,

As Josh_math mentioned, you do not need to send a proof of language proficiency. According to the statement on the checklist, it is a must for most of the applicants with a NOC of C or D. I consulted with a few PhD students and they said we do not need to send them a copy of english language results. I got same answer when I called CIC two weeks ago. I already sent my PR application to IRCC without it.

Reactions: ymna

chiahaotu

May 7, 2017
Hello guys,

I am preparing to submit my application for the PhD stream.

I am wondering about the following checklists:
4. Intent to Reside in Ontario
6. Other

How did successful applicants prepare for those 2 categories?
Do extra documents make tremendous impacts on the admin's decision?

Feb 21, 2017
xuebowen021 said:
May I know the timeline? 1.5 months?
I applied on Mar.2nd. changed to assessment in about 2/3 weeks and stayed in DIP for about 1 month. Approved on May.1st right after their system upgrade.

Cannis

Jun 13, 2016
Josh_math said:
Thanks Josh_math!! May you please share with me later your time used for applying PR? I wonder if it really needs to take 16 months after using the new e-Filling portal. I should follow you. ;) Thanks in advance!!!