+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Official letter of permanent resident

tien87

Jun 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

Last year I applied for PR under Alberta's Province Nominee. About a month ago or so, I got my CoPR, so the next step would be to either book a landing appointment or do flagpole at an airport. But due to COVID 19, none of that was possible, so I was just waiting around for the IRCC offices to open back up again. However, to my pleasant surprise, on Jun 11, I got a letter that states:

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.
So I guess I am a PR now, even though I didn't get to do the landing interview :) I Googled the content of the letter but haven't found anything so I thought I'd share it.

I do have one question, it says to send a photo to the "address listed above", but there isn't any address listed above, just the letterhead with address "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - IRCC Montréal-Photos CRP, 1025 Saint-Jacques Street". So do you guys think that's the address to send in my photo?

Cheers

P/s: I've been referring to this forum a lot to do my immigration stuff, so thank you everyone for sharing the knowledge!

Amybarar03

Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

Last year I applied for PR under Alberta's Province Nominee. About a month ago or so, I got my CoPR, so the next step would be to either book a landing appointment or do flagpole at an airport. But due to COVID 19, none of that was possible, so I was just waiting around for the IRCC offices to open back up again. However, to my pleasant surprise, on Jun 11, I got a letter that states:

So I guess I am a PR now, even though I didn't get to do the landing interview :) I Googled the content of the letter but haven't found anything so I thought I'd share it.

I do have one question, it says to send a photo to the "address listed above", but there isn't any address listed above, just the letterhead with address "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - IRCC Montréal-Photos CRP, 1025 Saint-Jacques Street". So do you guys think that's the address to send in my photo?

Cheers

P/s: I've been referring to this forum a lot to do my immigration stuff, so thank you everyone for sharing the knowledge!
Congratulation Yes you are Permanent Resident now can i know your AOR date when you sent your application to them

tien87

Jun 16, 2020
@Amybarar03 On May 1, 2019, I got an email that says “application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2019/03/08” so I’m not sure what’s the AOR date.

@joshjzb
Sep 9, 2019 I was asked to do the medical.
Oct 21, 2019 I was asked to clarify what I was doing during a one-month period that I left out on one the history form.
Mar 13, 2020 I got the “Ready for Visa” email asking for passport to stamp CoPR.

Question: do u guys know where to send in my photo for the PR card? Is it the same address as in the letterhead mentioned in my original post?

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
@Amybarar03 On May 1, 2019, I got an email that says “application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2019/03/08” so I’m not sure what’s the AOR date.

@joshjzb
Oct 21, 2019 I was asked to clarify what I was doing during a one-month period that I left out on one the history form.
Mar 13, 2020 I got the “Ready for Visa” email asking for passport to stamp CoPR.

Question: do u guys know where to send in my photo for the PR card? Is it the same address as in the letterhead mentioned in my original post?
yes, that is the address!

lloyd153

May 31, 2019

@joshjzb

I had to send my photo to that same address.

Did you ever get a response or acknowledgement that they received your photo?

Have you received your card yet?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I had to send my photo to that same address.

Did you ever get a response or acknowledgement that they received your photo?

Have you received your card yet?
Stated processing time for cards right now is ~210 days, so it's very unlikely that the card has been received yet.

lloyd153

May 31, 2019
Stated processing time for cards right now is ~210 days, so it's very unlikely that the card has been received yet.
New card processing times is less than 100 days now.

I know of internal CEC candidates who received PR, who have received their cards within 3 weeks.

They had to sent their photos to smaller IRCC offices.

The Montreal office seems to be working slower or is not processing them.

Reactions: Martin 87

Nimesh sharma

May 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

Cheers

Hi!! Even I have sent my COPR letter to same address with photo. How long does it take to get PR card from Montreal office??

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

Cheers

Hello
Did you send your files to the mentioned address and how long it took to get your first pr card from Montreal office?
Thanks

Mar 3, 2021
For us it has been all over the place. Sent my and my wife's request on the same day in October to the same Montreal office. She got her card within 30 days. I'm still waiting for mine, has been 150+ days. Current processing time should be ~107 days. Raised a request with them but no response yet... Hope you have better luck :)