+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officers in Canada forget to Stamp passports when entering Canada

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
If you go to a machine, there's the part where you have to show ur passport. Just ask for a datestamp - they carry them in their pockets. They will be happy to stamp ur passport.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hi,

I traveled to the usa by bus for easter and when we came back to canada the officer only looked at my passport and pr card and did not scan any of them, he didn't even stamp my passport ... I did call CBSA and they told me not to worry since they have the list of people on the bus and since it's normal that they didn't scan my pr card. But i am still worried, do you think that this may cause me a problem later ?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imm_leb_01 said:
Hi,

I traveled to the usa by bus for easter and when we came back to canada the officer only looked at my passport and pr card and did not scan any of them, he didn't even stamp my passport ... I did call CBSA and they told me not to worry since they have the list of people on the bus and since it's normal that they didn't scan my pr card. But i am still worried, do you think that this may cause me a problem later ?
No but you still have to declare the trip in your application

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
CanV said:
No but you still have to declare the trip in your application
and its best if ask office to stamp passport.
mostly if you coming from land border then some they ignore unless u ask them , but by airport, its your duty to check correct stamp on your passport.
its not effect lot in West countries like Canada, but if you didn't get passport stamp in middle east country or in India, you could be in trouble and they can blame you that you came inside illegally and harass you ripping good chunk of money out of you by detaining you at Airport when you returning back. you can always proof but till you proof you will be in pain.

in your Case just disclose all travel and explain them , they will check and understand but it still headache.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
imm_leb_01 said:
Hi,

My response to this question asked in the PR forum:

dpenabill said:
What sort of problem are you worried about?

The only requirement for travelers entering Canada is that they duly report to the POE officer and truthfully answer questions (travelers do not even need to present a Travel Document unless asked, although these days they always ask). Travelers are not responsible for whether or not the POE officials scan documents or stamp passports or otherwise maintain records.

If you concerned about proving compliance with the PR Residency Obligation later, or proving residency for purposes of applying for citizenship, you should be keeping exact and complete records for yourself, including (1) exact record of all international travel, and (2) good records reflecting where you reside, work, and other activities.

Odds are high that the entry will be part of the CBSA travel history records, but CIC does not rely upon those to be complete.

Burden of proving residency is always on the PR.

mlp

Jan 11, 2015
me too.. at Pearson Airport they didint put any stamp ..i had my interview yesterday and no idea about this.. just tried to search coz he told me they might ask for my Pay slips.. meaning im in RQ? .. it will take forever? i took my exam yesterday and interview..

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

i know this old conversation , but i am in the same situation no stamp from my trip to cuba , would i ask for the Cbsa report and take it with me to the interview

PLEASE HELP

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
zineb83 said:
hi,

i know this old conversation , but i am in the same situation no stamp from my trip to cuba , would i ask for the Cbsa report and take it with me to the interview

PLEASE HELP
Did you use the automatic kiosk at the airport to scan the PR card? If yes, your entry would be entered electronically in the cbsa's database.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes i did so i need the report , do you think it is problem if i ask for it before the interview just in case to be prepared , please advise

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
zineb83 said:
Yes i did so i need the report , do you think it is problem if i ask for it before the interview just in case to be prepared , please advise
If you have used PR card and scanned it at the automatic kiosk at the airport, the entry will be automatically recorded in the cbsa's system. During such situation, cbsa usually does not stamp the passport.

If you are still not sure, you can order your cbsa records and the entry may show up there.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i don t mind asking for this report but do you think they will a delay on my application if i ask for it before the interview , ??

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
zineb83 said:
yes i don t mind asking for this report but do you think they will a delay on my application if i ask for it before the interview , ??
The report is provided by CBSA and CIC is also involved. It takes 30 days to receive the report+ mailing days.
I have not seen anyone in this forum getting things delayed because of ordering the cbsa reports however I am not too sure.

I ordered by CBSA report for my personal reference before applying for citizenship not during the processing of the application.