+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officers in Canada forget to Stamp passports when entering Canada

yellow_jacket

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test and interview with cic officer last week and interviewing officer gave me a hard time because I was missing one of the entry stamps in my passport.
The only thing that saved me was that we were able to find an exit stamp from the airport that I was departing.

So they do check the stamps and if there are questions then will probably do more extensive research.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
yellow_jacket said:
I had my test and interview with cic officer last week and interviewing officer gave me a hard time because I was missing one of the entry stamps in my passport.
The only thing that saved me was that we were able to find an exit stamp from the airport that I was departing.

So they do check the stamps and if there are questions then will probably do more extensive research.
which Airport in Canada where they missed stamping your passport? is it Calgary? did you have your CBSA report with you at the interview?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yellow_jacket said:

That means that a lot of people will have problems because at Pearson now they have scanners for Canadian citizens and PR´s...you scan your card or passport and the immigration agents are there only to collect your customs declaration and verify that it´s your card or passport, no stamps whatsoever. The last time I travelled abroad I entered through Pearson and my PR Card was scanned...yet my FOSS clearance was granted and CIC verified all my exits and entrances

deliver

Jul 22, 2013
Kw8Un0NK said:
For one of my family members it was opposite: no entry in CBSA report, but there was a stamp in passport.
Actually the same thing happened to me. since i wanted to have a proof of entry, i didnt use machines at Pearson Airport and i went through an officer who stamped my passeport but he didnt scan my PR card. So i think my entry isnt gonna appear on CBSA report, but i have a stamp in passeport.

In your case, was it a problem?

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in a similar situation. I have a missing stamp and it's not in CBSA report either. I do have a stamp from the leaving country. That's all the proof I have. :( The worst thing is this is one of the most important stamps because that's when I came to live in Canada permanently after a long absence.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
FL1040 said:
That means that a lot of people will have problems because at Pearson now they have scanners for Canadian citizens and PR´s...you scan your card or passport and the immigration agents are there only to collect your customs declaration and verify that it´s your card or passport, no stamps whatsoever. The last time I travelled abroad I entered through Pearson and my PR Card was scanned...yet my FOSS clearance was granted and CIC verified all my exits and entrances
FL1040; I am 100% postive that CBSA doesn't have any access to your departures. They do only for entrance. Canada doesn't even share info with Airlines and this approach will be implemented in June 2014 for the first time. I went to CBSA here in St John's Newfoundland where I live and asked them. The thought of them knowing your exits is A MYTH.

CBSA report is thus the only hope to show that I entered Canada. At Pearson, which I had never been before I would recommend we scan the PR Card then go to an officer and ask for the stamp. This is the best thing to do so that the entrance can appear on the CBSA report and stamp on passport.

I had a similar incident in Calgary where he forgot to stamp my passport for the fourth time :eek:, I went back and asked him to stamp it. He was astonished that I care so much about having my passport stamped which I found extreamly BIZARRE.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Soopergal said:
I'm in a similar situation. I have a missing stamp and it's not in CBSA report either. I do have a stamp from the leaving country. That's all the proof I have. :( The worst thing is this is one of the most important stamps because that's when I came to live in Canada permanently after a long absence.
I recommend then to translate all your stamps before you go for the interview. Give CBSA a call or go to the nearest CBSA office near you and ask them how you can prove that you entered Canada. Another thing, have you applied for driver license after you came to live permanently? if so this is a proof that you had gone for a test in Canada at such a date so how come you wouldn't be in the country? In other words, try to find any Governmental proof that you were in Canada.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
deliver said:
Actually the same thing happened to me. since i wanted to have a proof of entry, i didnt use machines at Pearson Airport and i went through an officer who stamped my passeport but he didnt scan my PR card. So i think my entry isnt gonna appear on CBSA report, but i have a stamp in passeport.

In your case, was it a problem?
I have never been to Pearson, is it possible to scan your PR and then go to the officer asking for a stamp? is it doable?

deliver

Jul 22, 2013
mrbravo said:
I have never been to Pearson, is it possible to scan your PR and then go to the officer asking for a stamp? is it doable?

i didnt scan my card. I just went to the officer and said that i wanted a proof of entry. i mentioned that i didnt use machine though. He didnt say me anything and stamped my passeport. i

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mrbravo said:
I used the automated machine when I entered Canhda back on September last year. I tried asking one of the border guards afterwards, and they told me that, if I wanted to have my passport stamped, I shouldn't have used the machine. I didn't pursue further and just left after that :( I'm assuming it won't matter though since CBSA would definitely record our entries if we use the machine.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
meyakanor said:
I used the automated machine when I entered Canhda back on September last year. I tried asking one of the border guards afterwards, and they told me that, if I wanted to have my passport stamped, I shouldn't have used the machine. I didn't pursue further and just left after that :( I'm assuming it won't matter though since CBSA would definitely record our entries if we use the machine.
I agree with you but the problem is that the CIC officers would be trying to look for the entry stamp and if he doesn't find it he might give us hard time. Explaining to CIC officers about the new system might not be successful because some of the CIC officers have never been to pearson and have only been to Calgary airport for instance so they are not aware of this new system. They would think we are just bluffing. That is my major concern. on top of that, even if this entry would appear on the CBSA report, CIC doesn't require us to have it at the interview and what happened next is that we will end up getting RQ just because we couldn't prove our entry. This doesn't make sense.

CIC must require us to go to the interviews with CBSA report from now onwards.

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
I guess for Permanent Residents, the CBSA officers are more lenient with the entry stamps. I've had one entry in YVR where I did not use the automated system, and even then the CBSA officer who "manually" checked me out did not care to stamp my passport.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
I recommend then to translate all your stamps before you go for the interview. Give CBSA a call or go to the nearest CBSA office near you and ask them how you can prove that you entered Canada. Another thing, have you applied for driver license after you came to live permanently? if so this is a proof that you had gone for a test in Canada at such a date so how come you wouldn't be in the country? In other words, try to find any Governmental proof that you were in Canada.
Thanks Mr. Bravo. I will try to get to the bottom of this. I'm getting tired of it all to be honest. I may just leave it and let the officer decide based on the information I presented. I wish government keeps track of me rather than me having to prove it to them.
I do have a drivers license. I didn't do the drivers test in Canada though. I had a british drivers license and switched it to Ontarian license later. So it doesn't count.

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Every time you enters Canada, CBSA officer scans your passport on the machine, its then recorded in the computer systems. if you need the dates, you can apply for the records.

same is the case with Americans at land crossing, they don't put the stamp in the passport, just scan it through the machine.